blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 1117 1118 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191490 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16695 on: March 08, 2019, 11:03:16 PM »

I remain amazed people take offence full stop.

Pretty sure when i was a kid, blacks was ok, even to the then black people. Then as a young man it was coloured,  as someone determined black was rude.

Now coloured is rude and we are as Amy would say, back to black.

Why in its very description is it offensive to anyone?

I am white, and always have been, apart from the odd pink moment.

It's all BS , pretty much designed for those that want to take offence to find a reason to.

The point I was attempting to make is that "coloured" is wrong whereas "people of colour" seems to be acceptable.

"Black" has always been fine as long as it was used properly.

I agree.  Never been sure why “people of colour” is okay but “coloured” is bad.  Isn’t the reason it is bad because it implies that there is white and non-white which lumps billions of people in together verses whitey?  Not sure how people of colour changes that implication:I avoid both to be safe.

I read this one.   People of colour defines them as people first, coloured defines them as a colour.  Hope that doesn't annoy you too much.

I am white and get referred to as white, that doesn’t annoy me in the slightest even though I’m not actually white, I guess it’s because I’m not a whiney snowflake with nothing better to bitch about.......

whines Woodsey?

No whine from me mate.....

Funny, whenever I read your posts, the voice i attribute to you is very whiny.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16696 on: March 08, 2019, 11:14:13 PM »

I remain amazed people take offence full stop.

Pretty sure when i was a kid, blacks was ok, even to the then black people. Then as a young man it was coloured,  as someone determined black was rude.

Now coloured is rude and we are as Amy would say, back to black.

Why in its very description is it offensive to anyone?

I am white, and always have been, apart from the odd pink moment.

It's all BS , pretty much designed for those that want to take offence to find a reason to.

The point I was attempting to make is that "coloured" is wrong whereas "people of colour" seems to be acceptable.

"Black" has always been fine as long as it was used properly.

I agree.  Never been sure why “people of colour” is okay but “coloured” is bad.  Isn’t the reason it is bad because it implies that there is white and non-white which lumps billions of people in together verses whitey?  Not sure how people of colour changes that implication:I avoid both to be safe.

I read this one.   People of colour defines them as people first, coloured defines them as a colour.  Hope that doesn't annoy you too much.

I am white and get referred to as white, that doesn’t annoy me in the slightest even though I’m not actually white, I guess it’s because I’m not a whiney snowflake with nothing better to bitch about.......

whines Woodsey?

No whine from me mate.....

Funny, whenever I read your posts, the voice i attribute to you is very whiny.

Well the voice I attribute to you is an out of touch old fk, But I guess we all have our opinions........but as the saying goes opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #16697 on: March 09, 2019, 07:31:14 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47506130

...Manuel Petrovic, 20, was arrested in Leicester on Tuesday on suspicion of Jodie's murder...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16698 on: March 09, 2019, 09:56:35 AM »

Wondering if Woodsey gets paid everytime he mentions 'snowflake' in a post Cheesy

This might surprise a few people but I often agree with Woodsey. The trouble is he spoils virtually all of his posts with insults and name calling.

The older I get, the better I was.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16699 on: March 09, 2019, 10:08:05 AM »

Wondering if Woodsey gets paid everytime he mentions 'snowflake' in a post Cheesy

This might surprise a few people but I often agree with Woodsey. The trouble is he spoils virtually all of his posts with insults and name calling.

It’s not that long ago you wrote the same thing about me. I vehemently disagree with >95% of what Woodsey writes. You can count me amongst the few people that might be surprised.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16700 on: March 09, 2019, 10:12:48 AM »

It’s not that long ago you wrote the same thing about me. I vehemently disagree with >95% of what Woodsey writes. You can count me amongst the few people that might be surprised.

Vehemently disagreeing with him 95% of the time means that you often agree with him too. (Well for the purpose of this argument anyway)

I just don't think the insults are helpful or necessarily.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16701 on: March 09, 2019, 10:23:12 AM »

Vehemently disagreeing with him 95% of the time means that you often agree with him too. (Well for the purpose of this argument anyway)

I just don't think the insults are helpful or necessarily.

Perhaps a better way to frame it is that I am not aware of a person who I disagree with more on all of the matters we discuss, it has to be hard to agree with both of us.

Agreed on the insults. I haven’t knowingly insulted him because of his views, I have insulted him when he takes pride in being a troll. My record on this might not be perfect (troll detection isn’t an exact science when you consider how crazy some of what he says is) and I apologise to him and anyone else I may have insulted in response to an honestly held opinion.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16702 on: March 09, 2019, 10:27:50 AM »

I'm just trying to be honest. I just don't disagree with either him or you all the time.

For instance, I think Woodsey and I are more or less on the same page re the IS schoolgirl.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16703 on: March 09, 2019, 10:29:35 AM »

95%? Do you keep a spreadsheet or something logging interactions? 

Note to self......must do better to plug that 5% 
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16704 on: March 09, 2019, 10:46:31 AM »

In wouldn’t even be a stretch to say that, (within the confines of a law abiding member of a western democracy) it’s hard to imagine a person that to such a great extent embodies every type of behaviour that I think all of us should be trying to avoid.

As always the caveat that I only know of him what he writes on here
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16705 on: March 09, 2019, 10:52:31 AM »

In wouldn’t even be a stretch to say that, (within the confines of a law abiding member of a western democracy) it’s hard to imagine a person that to such a great extent embodies every type of behaviour that I think all of us should be trying to avoid.

As always the caveat that I only know of him what he writes on here

Then again the party that represent your views aren’t in government, brexit won, I guess you are in the minority despite the sanctimonious holier than thou bollox you spout  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:58:06 AM by Woodsey » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #16706 on: March 10, 2019, 01:54:46 AM »

So, what do you think (not want) will happen next week?

TUE: May loses vote (but with more votes)
WED: Hoc votes against no deal
Thur: HOC vote to extend A50

AFTER: May tries to extend A50, EU demand thus only happens with a GE or Second Ref. May goes for a GE.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16707 on: March 10, 2019, 06:14:20 AM »

Lol if EU refused to accept our first democratic vote and forced us to have another referendum the result would be more comprehensive Leave than before.

Wonder if Remain would then shrug and accept the result this time? or be like...nah you didn’t get right again everyone and carry on moaning/campaigning

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16708 on: March 10, 2019, 09:55:36 AM »

Whatever happens this week, the UK is still completely split. We may “leave” the EU this, month or later this year but the negotiations with the EU will go on for years.

There is not a consensus as to what kind of deal we are asking for over the long term. Governments will change every 5 years and probably restart the process with a different set of demands.

I am 45 I have no confidence this will be sorted out in my lifetime. It is more likely that Scotland, NI will have left the UK.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #16709 on: March 10, 2019, 10:02:48 AM »

So, what do you think (not want) will happen next week?

TUE: May loses vote (but with more votes)
WED: Hoc votes against no deal
Thur: HOC vote to extend A50

AFTER: May tries to extend A50, EU demand thus only happens with a GE or Second Ref. May goes for a GE.

AFTER : May gets 3 months. Indicative votes in Parliament, Norway 2.0 /softer Brexit wins a majority. We move forward.
Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 1117 1118 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: