blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:00:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1140 1141 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 1147 1148 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2201103 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17145 on: April 10, 2019, 10:19:23 PM »

As I listen to Macron expressing his “great impatience” I wonder who the hostile neighbour really is

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17146 on: April 11, 2019, 12:46:18 AM »

I’m all of this, where are those that voted leave and those that campaigned for it? You’d have thought they’d be doing something about this utter farce. Extending this, and not telling anyone of a plan, it’s all becoming a bit too much.

But whilst it al continues, Brexit looks more unlikely, and I ask again, where are you? You should be out there campaigning, but all I get from it all, is that you’ll be doing a poorly attended march where you’ll be fighting amongst yourselves, shouting racist abuse. All after trying to find direction from Tommy Robinson.

Don’t ever blame Theresa May for this - Blame the people who voted for Brexit. All this is taking away from issues arising around the U.K.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17147 on: April 11, 2019, 01:03:33 AM »

I’m all of this, where are those that voted leave and those that campaigned for it? You’d have thought they’d be doing something about this utter farce. Extending this, and not telling anyone of a plan, it’s all becoming a bit too much.

But whilst it al continues, Brexit looks more unlikely, and I ask again, where are you? You should be out there campaigning, but all I get from it all, is that you’ll be doing a poorly attended march where you’ll be fighting amongst yourselves, shouting racist abuse. All after trying to find direction from Tommy Robinson.

Don’t ever blame Theresa May for this - Blame the people who voted for Brexit. All this is taking away from issues arising around the U.K.

I actually blame all the moaning twats like you who should have got behind the decision to leave so it was clear what the country wanted and put us in a better spot to negotiate if the EU saw unity across the country and our parliament and knew we were deadly serious.

Instead you have just whined because you didn’t get your way and there is a chance if you keep whining it might just happen as there is a former whiner who is PM and dealing with all this bullshit who has basically achieved jack shit because she didn’t have the balls to stand up to the EU  
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:06:34 AM by Woodsey » Logged
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #17148 on: April 11, 2019, 04:41:09 AM »

I actually blame all the moaning twats like you who should have got behind the decision to leave so it was clear what the country wanted and put us in a better spot to negotiate if the EU saw unity across the country and our parliament and knew we were deadly serious.

Instead you have just whined because you didn’t get your way and there is a chance if you keep whining it might just happen as there is a former whiner who is PM and dealing with all this bullshit who has basically achieved jack shit because she didn’t have the balls to stand up to the EU  

+1

The non acceptance has caused this.

And sure thing, after partaking in a democratic process and not being listened too let’s get out there and protest to a parliament who refuse to represent us? Nah I’d prefer to get out there and just earn myself a living. Leave the protesting and the flying of orange baby balloons to the unemployed.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17149 on: April 11, 2019, 05:27:18 AM »

I'm in danger of becoming like Aaron and repeating myself, but that's all he does,calling everyone racists and Tommy Robinson lovers each post. It's way beyond that and shows his level of understanding is so simplistic it's worse than even mine.

Read up or shut up, but quit the the repeats .

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17150 on: April 11, 2019, 06:10:33 AM »

+1

The non acceptance has caused this.

And sure thing, after partaking in a democratic process and not being listened too let’s get out there and protest to a parliament who refuse to represent us? Nah I’d prefer to get out there and just earn myself a living. Leave the protesting and the flying of orange baby balloons to the unemployed.

The first sentence is only true in that Parliament would have been leveraged in to some form of Brexit more quickly. The amount of support for Brexit has no bearing on the disastrous consequences of leaving.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #17151 on: April 11, 2019, 06:55:24 AM »

Yah yah we’ve endured 2yrs+ of droning about the disastrous consequences of leaving. The marginal downturn in GDP, some queues at Dover and the jeopardy to peach stocks.

The country took part in a democratic process and the people voted to leave the EU. We were assured leaving would take place on March 29th. We haven’t. Let’s talk about the disastrous consequences of that.

Let’s forget democracy and engagement of people in that process. Let’s just focus on tinned Del Monte products.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #17152 on: April 11, 2019, 07:46:48 AM »

So the new deal is:

1. Have European elections and leave on 31 October, if not agreed before; or
2. Don't have European elections and leave on 1 June.

EU says no more negotiations on the withdrawal agreement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47889404

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17153 on: April 11, 2019, 07:50:07 AM »

6 more months to draft the next extension request.. should be plenty of time. I'm sure a few months back we were all reliably informed that it was only possible to ask for. One extension. Maybe I mis read

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #17154 on: April 11, 2019, 08:27:57 AM »

Six more months for our elected representatives to demonstrate their arrogance and their willingness to ignore real issues.

Can we find time to scrap HS2 in the next six months?
Use some of the money saved to fund a decent level of provision for Mental Health, and for Child Mental Health in particular.

Bring on the European Elections I say. Two parties, Brexit and Stop Brexit.
That should be interesting.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17155 on: April 11, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »

Six more months for our elected representatives to demonstrate their arrogance and their willingness to ignore real issues.

Can we find time to scrap HS2 in the next six months?
Use some of the money saved to fund a decent level of provision for Mental Health, and for Child Mental Health in particular.

Bring on the European Elections I say. Two parties, Brexit and Stop Brexit.
That should be interesting.

Yep. Also read the other day that it would cost something like 10bn to bring all social care into the remit of the NHS and pay all care workers £15ph.. Seems a no brainer to me. Its deffo time to start addressing the drivers and hopelessness that led to brexit

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #17156 on: April 11, 2019, 10:15:16 AM »

How about nationalizing the railways and refurbishing Hammersmith Bridge which has astoundingly been closed indefinitely.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17157 on: April 11, 2019, 10:18:00 AM »

How about nationalizing the railways and refurbishing Hammersmith Bridge which has astoundingly been closed indefinitely.

God no, I remember how shite British Rail was, at least the trains are fairly reliable now.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #17158 on: April 11, 2019, 10:34:52 AM »

We are where we are because a significant majority of MPs do not want Brexit, and they are in a position to undermine the process whilst hiding behind a cloak of acting in their own version of “national interest”. Significant numbers have just used Brexit for political opportunism.

The only real chance of executing Brexit by the deadline was if the Tories had won the 2017 GE with a significant majority, but Maybot managed to Royally f**k that up.

I’m beginning to think that we will only leave if the EU pulls up the drawbridge and declares no deal: otherwise we remain, simply as a result of political paralysis. Whilst I dislike very much of what the EU now stands for, and how it does its business, I don’t hold them responsible in any way for this impasse. The UK’s parliament is entirely responsible for this mess - not the Brexit MANTIS’ and not the aarons of Remain.

Another GE to get a firm mandate? Pointless, it will fail. Parliament have proven that democracy is only a word, not a reality.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #17159 on: April 11, 2019, 11:10:38 AM »

We are where we are because a significant majority of MPs do not want Brexit, and they are in a position to undermine the process whilst hiding behind a cloak of acting in their own version of “national interest”. Significant numbers have just used Brexit for political opportunism.

The only real chance of executing Brexit by the deadline was if the Tories had won the 2017 GE with a significant majority, but Maybot managed to Royally f**k that up.

I’m beginning to think that we will only leave if the EU pulls up the drawbridge and declares no deal: otherwise we remain, simply as a result of political paralysis. Whilst I dislike very much of what the EU now stands for, and how it does its business, I don’t hold them responsible in any way for this impasse. The UK’s parliament is entirely responsible for this mess - not the Brexit MANTIS’ and not the aarons of Remain.

Another GE to get a firm mandate? Pointless, it will fail. Parliament have proven that democracy is only a word, not a reality.

The government would revoke A50 if the EU forced a no deal scenario (for example if no extension had been granted last night). This could change of course with someone like Boris as PM but I doubt it.
Pages: 1 ... 1140 1141 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 1147 1148 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: