blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:24:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 1225 1226 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2196007 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18315 on: June 22, 2019, 09:25:21 PM »

@pokerpops

rofl at these comments - johnson is a serial liar and will not only deny there was an altercation but very possibly accuse the neighbours of fabricating it.  Anyone with a modicum of foresight is going to record the incident on their phone.

You’re going to record your neighbours when they are having an argument? Your a Fking weirdo.....

This was post one - where is my personal attack on woodsey?

I respond that he's trolling he says

No I’m deadly serious, if you are ok with recording your neighbours you are straight up weird. I hope you dont live anywhere near me.

and so we continue from there

Let me make it clear.  I've never met you or woodsey, but intensely dislike the both of you - so well done with that.  I don't want to engage you in debate but I will respond if you start insults and personal attacks.

I haven’t got a clue  who you are in real life, or why you would intensely dislike me. Unless maybe you are Nick Whiten?
If you can find examples of my making personal attacks on you or insulting you please share them.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18316 on: June 22, 2019, 09:25:56 PM »

rofl at these comments - johnson is a serial liar and will not only deny there was an altercation but very possibly accuse the neighbours of fabricating it.  Anyone with a modicum of foresight is going to record the incident on their phone.

You’re going to record your neighbours when they are having an argument? Your a Fking weirdo.....

You are such an obvious troll - you make aaron look amateurish

No I’m deadly serious, if you are ok with recording your neighbours you are straight up weird. I hope you dont live anywhere near me.  talktothehand

ok if your serious - start by reading my comment again.

If my neighbour was a high profile serial liar I would record.  If it was a nomark like you pushing your wife around I wouldn't bother.

Thats doesnt  stop you being any less of a weirdo I’m afraid, I’d just add in the word chancer to it as well.

Well anyway thanks for confirming you were trolling all along.

Once again, we have proved anyone unable to sustain a long term argument just resorts to calling people trolls rather than argue back

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18317 on: June 22, 2019, 09:28:57 PM »

I wonder if they gave up this story for nothing, for the good of the nation???

On the Sky News paper review last night they said it was significant that they'd given the story to the Guardian, as they don't pay for stories.  They could have sold it elsewhere.

Thats fine, as you know from previous posts, Im not Boris's biggest fan, but it does seem very contrived.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18318 on: June 22, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »

No I’m deadly serious, if you are ok with recording your neighbours you are straight up weird. I hope you dont live anywhere near me.  talktothehand

If my neighbour was a high profile serial liar I would record.  If it was a nomark like you pushing your wife around I wouldn't bother.

Thats doesnt  stop you being any less of a weirdo I’m afraid, I’d just add in the word chancer to it as well.

Once again, we have proved anyone unable to sustain a long term argument just resorts to calling people trolls rather than argue back

This is a bit pot and kettle considering the amount of insults you’ve thrown when you don’t agree with someone.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #18319 on: June 22, 2019, 10:06:14 PM »

No mods anymore on Blonde?

At least 5 banning offences from both "sides" if you can call it that lopsided sides anyway

good for the post count anyway
Marty719

View Profile
« Reply #18320 on: June 22, 2019, 10:42:08 PM »

Yea, this thread has turned from a must read to childish drivel very quickly. Does post count matter as much as content? The name calling, aggressive, "I'm right / you're wrong" attitude (on both sides) is exactly what stops new members or lurkers from posting. Tightys superb content throughout has now been replaced from cries of troll and 3 year old jeers of "turd chaser." Should be embarrassing but seems to have been accepted as the norm.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18321 on: June 22, 2019, 10:55:30 PM »

This is a bit pot and kettle considering the amount of insults you’ve thrown when you don’t agree with someone.

You are a boring little twat.

As soon as I see a post from you I know that you are about to make a comment on a post of mine.

It's old, no one is bothered. And you clearly don't read other posts telling you the same.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18322 on: June 22, 2019, 10:58:27 PM »

Yea, this thread has turned from a must read to childish drivel very quickly. Does post count matter as much as content? The name calling, aggressive, "I'm right / you're wrong" attitude (on both sides) is exactly what stops new members or lurkers from posting. Tightys superb content throughout has now been replaced from cries of troll and 3 year old jeers of "turd chaser." Should be embarrassing but seems to have been accepted as the norm.

I agree.

Until you mention Tightys one sided posting of stuff to suit his point of view, of course.... Wink

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18323 on: June 23, 2019, 12:34:21 AM »

No mods anymore on Blonde?

At least 5 banning offences from both "sides" if you can call it that lopsided sides anyway

good for the post count anyway

I don't think anyone cares about the post count any longer.

At least three of the mods have more important things to worry about than moderating a poker forum at the moment.

I'm a mod but banning people is not straight forward.

Banning someone causes endless debate over the rights and wrongs, some people will support it and some will be against it, either way, I end up with more enemies when what I really need is more friends.

If I ban someone who's views I usually disagree with I'm accused of taking advantage of my so called 'power' and I hate that.

The unfortunate truth is, some people just enjoy name calling, trolling, arguing and making posts that are designed purely to provoke a reaction.

I don't know where the lines are any more and if I'm honest, I don't really care. I try my best not to get involved. I don't always succeed but I do try.

I have absolutely no doubt that it will destroy blonde. It's a shame but I don't think there is anything we can do about it.

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18324 on: June 23, 2019, 05:30:24 AM »

Name calling, arguing, saying things purely to provoke a reaction, I’m right you’re wrong, jeers

welcome to politics

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18325 on: June 23, 2019, 05:47:36 AM »

Name calling, arguing, saying things purely to provoke a reaction, I’m right you’re wrong, jeers

welcome to politics

But it doesn’t have to be like this does it?
We should be able to disagree with someone without accusing them of being educationally challenged.
We should be able to find a way to express our viewpoint without resorting to jokes about jobs or appearance.
We really should be able to find a way to listen to the opposing viewpoint and explain why we disagree.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18326 on: June 23, 2019, 06:02:28 AM »

Agreed. But look at the example we’re set, let’s take the mayor of London and president of USA...

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18327 on: June 23, 2019, 08:54:49 AM »

Hard to take someone seriously that makes no other contribution to the thread other than pop up every other month and complain about the content, without ever making a comment on the subject matter themself.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18328 on: June 23, 2019, 09:01:15 AM »

Hard to take someone seriously that makes no other contribution to the thread other than pop up every other month and complain about the content, without ever making a comment on the subject matter themself.

Yes and in truth they are never going to be getting a hard time if they post anyway. The small group of us that get stuck into each other know exactly what we are getting into, if they can’t take a bit back they shouldn’t even get into it in the first place. The truth is I enjoy the back and forths and don’t take it too seriously, just a bit of side entertainment while I’m sat in front of the TV.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18329 on: June 23, 2019, 09:15:12 AM »

If you're looking for historical examples to raise serious question marks over Boris' character you're not lacking in options there! However I think having an argument with his Mrs doesn't really count and even if it did count as a blemish on your character it's not like it's getting into the top 5 or even top 10 with Boris lol. These stories conveniently pop up but never seem to really hurt anyone, Trump survived the "grab 'em by the pussy" scandal without too much problems and I think we'd all agree that's a fairly unacceptable thing for a future president to be recorded saying (I know L.O.L context).

I feel there has been an idle threat that Boris will become PM for ages, given his relentless goofishness and seemingly criminal lack of self awareness he has remained relatively popular across a wide spectrum of political opinion, perhaps no one ever thought he would really be PM and that's he's quite a jovial character, that guy everyone thinks is a bit of tosser but he's decent drinking company so always invited on a night out. Now it looks like he is certain to be PM and I think that generally forgiving opinion of him will be tested pretty dam hard. Personally I'm not hating the Boris for PM line, obviously I dont think he'll be a good PM, and I don't think he'll do a good job on brexit but given brexit is impossible and there were no other options with any real stand out attributes I think fuck it let Boris have a bash why not, also one day there might be a 3-way meeting between Boris, Trump and Putin and lets be honest who the fuck doesn't wanna see that photograph Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 1225 1226 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: