blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:52:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 1228 1229 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2181171 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18360 on: June 23, 2019, 12:55:07 PM »

Question 1. If you are having an argument so loud and violent it can be heard in neighbouring properties and the street, and the police are called, do you have a ‘reasonable expectation of privacy’?

I suspect this thread would be split on that, and i could argue it both ways

Question 2. If you are a person who might possibly become Prome Minister in the near future, is your behaviour in such a situation a matter of public interest.

think the answer to that is an unequivocal yes. Other may disagree, but they are wrong ( smileys etc)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18361 on: June 23, 2019, 01:03:46 PM »

Question 1. If you are having an argument so loud and violent it can be heard in neighbouring properties and the street, and the police are called, do you have a ‘reasonable expectation of privacy’?

Question 2. If you are a person who might possibly become Prome Minister in the near future, is your behaviour in such a situation a matter of public interest.

think the answer to that is an unequivocal yes. Other may disagree, but they are wrong ( smileys etc)

Lol it was “violent” now was it...

See how influencers add fabricated attachments to hype negative connotation

Oh and it was one flat directly below not “neighbouring propertiesss”

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18362 on: June 23, 2019, 01:04:30 PM »

I can tell by the number of posts on the subject that no one is interested.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18363 on: June 23, 2019, 01:06:19 PM »

Lol it was “violent” now was it...

See how influencers add fabricated attachments to hype negative connotation

Oh and it was one flat directly below not “neighbouring propertiesss”

there was banging heard

below, above, side..its neighbouring. adjoining the flat whether underneath or above.

stop being obtuse!

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18364 on: June 23, 2019, 01:08:39 PM »

"Neighbours of the man who overheard a row between Boris Johnson and his partner Carrie Symonds, prompting a late-night police callout, have corroborated his account of the incident with one saying the “tear-up” led him to believe that someone was being murdered."

Another neighbour who heard the row, Earl McDermott, was reported as saying: “It was a proper tear-up. Glasses being smashed, screaming and a lot of arguing. I thought someone was being murdered.”

Nursery worker Fatimah, also a neighbour, backed up Penn’s account. “There was a lot of shouting, a lady was screaming and I could hear glasses or plates being thrown quite a few times,” she said. “The man was shouting back. I could hear it through my walls. It was obvious the lady was angry. She was screaming hysterically.”

not violent at all

this won't matter to the "no story here" brigade as its the guardian and doesn't suit their view but whatever

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/23/boris-johnson-more-neighbours-confirm-tear-up-with-partner-carrie-symonds

Give me strength

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18365 on: June 23, 2019, 01:16:07 PM »

Ahh The Guardian, quelle surprise

The leftie remain voting neighbours definitely thought somebody was being murdered so errr considered phoning the police, lol

Oh and those parking tickets are hugely relevant to this attempted murder crime scene

So gullible

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18366 on: June 23, 2019, 01:27:50 PM »

The decision to go to the press is a different one to calling the police

Not as cut and dried of course, and more questionable

Still, he's in the final two to be PM.

Public interest a pretty persuasive argument in a modern society where anything can be filmed, recorded.

Of course privacy arguments counter that, but any newspaper is taking it and running with it surely?

Perhaps that’s one of the reasons with have shit politicians.

Anyone who has reasonable life experiences, success and failures, perhaps a chequered personal life in the past will not touch it with a barge pole, no matter how brilliant they could be at the actual job.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18367 on: June 23, 2019, 01:41:28 PM »

Obama? Blair? May? Brown?

Spotless Iives before and during politics, no financial scandal etc.

Might not be policies you liked but all high calibre people attracted to politics

It is possible, just don't go round lying and cheating. Not that it matters, the cult of Trump and BoJo is proving that

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18368 on: June 23, 2019, 01:54:08 PM »

Obama? Blair? May? Brown?

Spotless Iives before and during politics, no financial scandal etc.

Might not be policies you liked but all high calibre people attracted to politics

It is possible, just don't go round lying and cheating. Not that it matters, the cult of Trump and BoJo is proving that

We need strong leaders with the ability to run a country and our economy.

We are missing out of quality candidates and are left with the likes of May, Brown and Corbyn (clean but never been leaders and never will be) and Boris who’s naked ambition and ego means he’ll live with the bad publicity but will bluff his way through the job.

There will be lots of charismatic, smart leaders in business that wouldn’t go near politics because of the character assassinations and unreasonable personal scrutiny they will face.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18369 on: June 23, 2019, 02:22:21 PM »

You also gotta think that winning votes is a different game these days

People who have arguments with the missus have more connection with the electorate than people who skip through the wheat fields

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18370 on: June 23, 2019, 06:20:43 PM »

this is the extract from yesterday that Gauke, Chris Grey etc say makes no sense

you can decide

https://twitter.com/BackBoris2019/status/1142505827452051463

In other news. I saw David today in the flesh

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #18371 on: June 23, 2019, 07:03:41 PM »

I live in a fairly old but very nice block of flats in Nottingham and can hear raised voices and other more embarrassing sounds from adjoining flats if my neighbours are not careful and considerate, which for the most part they are. I have heard a few screaming domestic squabbles in my 25+ years of residence from either upstairs/downstairs or next-door neighbours but have never even considered recording them, in fact I'm not sure I know how to on my 'phone.

That time I had a couple of sexual atheletes living above me with the lady being a progressively loud moaner could have been premium phone-line gold had I had the tekkers..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18372 on: June 23, 2019, 07:08:22 PM »

It’s amazing to think The Guardian have a tape recording of this violent murderous altercation with smashing plates, glasses and terrified screams but won’t release it. They got the power to expose our next PM for the beast he is before it’s too late but no they keep the evidence under wraps, amazements.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18373 on: June 23, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »

If Boris didn't want snitchy Remainers grassing up his domestics to the police then he shouldn't have shacked up with some posh London bird - should have got himself some skirt up In Sunderland where I'm sure Team Leave knows how to keep schtum.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18374 on: June 23, 2019, 07:40:39 PM »

What I find a trifle bothersomes is the modern use of “influencers” in today’s world. Fine with commercial products but in politics it’s moody. People gasp at potential soviet intervention in USA elections but it’s happening as standard. No surprise in this latest non news story the neighbour is a left wing Boris hater, reporting to a left wing newspaper with a bbc headline of “concerned neighbour feared for safety of woman”

People just auto swallow this schizz, even you bad ass players of the pokers.

Vitally important for politicians to be media savvy and personality plus these days. Come with the Bill Clinton “I did not have domestic altercations with that woman” line and bat it back, normalise yourself and court popularity. The whole influencer strat only works because of snowflakes. Just try not to swoon if normal stuff happens pls because democracy is being replaced by brainwashing.

how do you know its a non-news story? Boris won't comment on it, we don't have a transcript. I think its irrelevant they are anti-Brexit or left wing.

how did the neighbours know at the time its a non-story? Their priority is concern, potential concern for a woman who might be in trouble no?

You may find the fact that it got to the guardian (without payment, i think) concerning, but i don't think its a non story. Yet.

More authentic concern without involving newspapers I’d say

Not sure if you know it’s not newsworthy or are a knowing part of the spin doctory movement. Project Fear II the Boris edition. Show me a corpse, perhaps purple bloody face in hospital and you have my attention.

Spin doctoring meddlers should be mindful of that all publicly is good publicity thing. If he’s all over the show with these minor infractions he couldn’t ask for better campaign managers

I don't know if it ultimately will prove newsworthy or not

I do know that if I was concerned for a domestic neighbour and i heard stuff that properly worried me (not just a row) I would contact the police and ask questions later. I never have been in that position but i think i would

I found his failure to address the issue five times when asked yesterday concerning. I found the heckling Iain Dale got from the audience for even asking the question even more concerning

Tell me the girlfriend is ok before I say the question is not fair game for a potential PM with severe character concerns around trustworthiness, lies, number of children, helping a mate assault a journalist, sacked by a newspaper for making up quotes and that's without googling for more  

So very keen to jump on this but my,our posts about old guys at rallies getting bundled over and called Nazis garners no response......you are so neutral it hurts...

Oh and you can't find the pro Boris stuff...shock......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 1228 1229 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: