blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:03:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 1229 1230 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191469 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18375 on: June 23, 2019, 07:49:10 PM »

Question 1. If you are having an argument so loud and violent it can be heard in neighbouring properties and the street, and the police are called, do you have a ‘reasonable expectation of privacy’?

I suspect this thread would be split on that, and i could argue it both ways

Question 2. If you are a person who might possibly become Prome Minister in the near future, is your behaviour in such a situation a matter of public interest.

think the answer to that is an unequivocal yes. Other may disagree, but they are wrong ( smileys etc)

Lol it was “violent” now was it...

See how influencers add fabricated attachments to hype negative connotation

Oh and it was one flat directly below not “neighbouring propertiesss”

It's hilarious how the lefties two days ago are up in arms about an MP trying to protect a gathering are up in arms when a woman runs on stage, despite MPs being killed in public service, and she is considered totally safe and it was appalling judgement, but Boris having a row with his Mrs is a national security risk......

How stupid are these people?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18376 on: June 23, 2019, 07:51:48 PM »

What I find a trifle bothersomes is the modern use of “influencers” in today’s world. Fine with commercial products but in politics it’s moody. People gasp at potential soviet intervention in USA elections but it’s happening as standard. No surprise in this latest non news story the neighbour is a left wing Boris hater, reporting to a left wing newspaper with a bbc headline of “concerned neighbour feared for safety of woman”

People just auto swallow this schizz, even you bad ass players of the pokers.

Vitally important for politicians to be media savvy and personality plus these days. Come with the Bill Clinton “I did not have domestic altercations with that woman” line and bat it back, normalise yourself and court popularity. The whole influencer strat only works because of snowflakes. Just try not to swoon if normal stuff happens pls because democracy is being replaced by brainwashing.

how do you know its a non-news story? Boris won't comment on it, we don't have a transcript. I think its irrelevant they are anti-Brexit or left wing.

how did the neighbours know at the time its a non-story? Their priority is concern, potential concern for a woman who might be in trouble no?

You may find the fact that it got to the guardian (without payment, i think) concerning, but i don't think its a non story. Yet.

More authentic concern without involving newspapers I’d say

Not sure if you know it’s not newsworthy or are a knowing part of the spin doctory movement. Project Fear II the Boris edition. Show me a corpse, perhaps purple bloody face in hospital and you have my attention.

Spin doctoring meddlers should be mindful of that all publicly is good publicity thing. If he’s all over the show with these minor infractions he couldn’t ask for better campaign managers

I don't know if it ultimately will prove newsworthy or not

I do know that if I was concerned for a domestic neighbour and i heard stuff that properly worried me (not just a row) I would contact the police and ask questions later. I never have been in that position but i think i would

I found his failure to address the issue five times when asked yesterday concerning. I found the heckling Iain Dale got from the audience for even asking the question even more concerning

Tell me the girlfriend is ok before I say the question is not fair game for a potential PM with severe character concerns around trustworthiness, lies, number of children, helping a mate assault a journalist, sacked by a newspaper for making up quotes and that's without googling for more   

So very keen to jump on this but my,our posts about old guys at rallies getting bundled over and called Nazis garners no response......you are so neutral it hurts...

Oh and you can't find the pro Boris stuff...shock......

I don't think I was around when yiu were discussing rallies.

The image I was looking for is today's Sunday telegraph front page.

Again, for the hundredth time, you are free to post, free to post any image or any link

But no, you want to have a pop all the time instead. As such you lack any credibility whatsoever.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18377 on: June 23, 2019, 07:54:44 PM »

The headline is on this link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-48734021

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18378 on: June 23, 2019, 08:08:04 PM »

damn i had saved the telegraph but can't find it

they, for whom he writes, went with the left wing stitch up angle 

I don't need to post links, I prefer to write my own comments not just post others that have brainwashed me, as is clear with you......

But as you seem to find any old article which validates your view and couldn't find an opposing view, I'm not surprised.

As stated, I'm not a Boris fan, but at least I can be fair in my assessments...you seem unable any longer....

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18379 on: June 23, 2019, 08:14:26 PM »

Come on. I post all sorts of viewpoints. Every single time you and a few others post I just want to give up. Its so sapping to have to wade through the half arsed views to be frank, that never change in the face of all evidence that they should.

No doubt after a good night's sleep my enthusiasm will return but you really make it tough, constantly ascribing motivations to me that simply don't exist

If there was positive news about Brexit, I would post it. There isn't any, and rarely has been.

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18380 on: June 23, 2019, 08:20:55 PM »

“It was a proper tear-up. Glasses being smashed, screaming and a lot of arguing. I thought someone was being murdered.”

Nursery worker Fatimah, also a neighbour, backed up Penn’s account. “There was a lot of shouting, a lady was screaming and I could hear glasses or plates being thrown quite a few times,” she said. “The man was shouting back. I could hear it through my walls. It was obvious the lady was angry. She was screaming hysterically.”

Fatimah had earlier told another newspaper she had considered calling the police

If you thought a neighbour was being murdered would you merely consider calling the police but decide not to?

How can people profess to be concerned about the welfare of their neighbours when they think one of them is being murdered and decide to do nothing?

Fair play to the one caring neighbour who tried to prevent the murder but all the others who heard the murder taking place and went back to their telly shows and Chinese takeaways, shame on you.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18381 on: June 23, 2019, 08:21:59 PM »

Come on. I post all sorts of viewpoints. Every single time you and a few others post I just want to give up. Its so sapping to have to wade through the half arsed views to be frank, that never change in the face of all evidence that they should.

No doubt after a good night's sleep my enthusiasm will return but you really make it tough, constantly ascribing motivations to me that simply don't exist

If there was positive news about Brexit, I would post it. There isn't any, and rarely has been.

But you only have one view and are so blinkered to any other view apart from what you read from journalists.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about being in the presence of so many owners or board members of large manufacturing companies, who were so unfazed about the prospects of Brexit.

No one comments.

My post above about jumping on the Boris bashing 'home argument',  but Bawling Nazi shouting lefties gets ignored.

I am often wrong on here, but I never avoid the hard stuff, same with Mantis and Woodsey. I know who I respect more, just for that.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18382 on: June 23, 2019, 08:23:49 PM »

The good news about Brexit is that Remain are clearly very worried about Boris getting into the driving seat

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18383 on: June 23, 2019, 08:25:55 PM »

The good news about Brexit is that Remain are clearly very worried about Boris getting into the driving seat

As I said before I didn’t think they could get any more tilted, obviously now they can! Meltdown city! 
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18384 on: June 23, 2019, 08:30:56 PM »

And it's another decision that follows a process where members vote for the leader of their party and the candidate with the most votes is duly elected.

But nope, people are deemed stupid, so let's sabotage this vote as well, sling mud, project fear remix and make sure it's our preferred candidate who is leveraged into position.

Yep it must be so very draining to keep trying to manipulate due process

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18385 on: June 23, 2019, 08:40:37 PM »

Not trying to manipulate anything, except keep what was a good thread (but now has been spoilt by a lot of overly personal stuff) vibrant.

Personally post vote I have always said it has to happen, would be worried about the democratic implications if it doesn't and never espoused a second ref.

Don't see how it does happen successfully though and have hypothesised some (unlikely) scenarios where it might be revoked

Meanwhile all evidence that suggests it's going very badly and may be terrible news doesn't move the dial of the cult of brexiteers, for whom in some cases its almost a religious cult with about as much logic.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18386 on: June 23, 2019, 08:44:21 PM »

Concerned about the trumpification of our politics, bannon's influence on boris and how his appointment is unlikely to help achieve a good Brexit, such as one might be, much.

Not a huge Hunt fan either. He doesn't have the very right wing stuff attached though

My eyes are open wide
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #18387 on: June 23, 2019, 08:58:02 PM »

Not trying to manipulate anything, except keep what was a good thread (but now has been spoilt by a lot of overly personal stuff) vibrant.

Personally post vote I have always said it has to happen, would be worried about the democratic implications if it doesn't and never espoused a second ref.

Don't see how it does happen successfully though and have hypothesised some (unlikely) scenarios where it might be revoked

Meanwhile all evidence that suggests it's going very badly and may be terrible news doesn't move the dial of the cult of brexiteers, for whom in some cases its almost a religious cult with about as much logic.

Keep up the good work Tighty and I for one really appreciate your input and the multitude of links. Sometimes I'm tempted to post more but the two-way personal stuff is such a big turn-off and I shy away.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18388 on: June 23, 2019, 09:07:44 PM »

Keep up the good work Tighty and I for one really appreciate your input and the multitude of links. Sometimes I'm tempted to post more but the two-way personal stuff is such a big turn-off and I shy away.

Just post mate, don’t worry you are unlikely to get any grief, it’s mostly restricted to a small number of us that have a long history of chewing each other up from both sides of the various issues. I would encourage anyone else to do the same, dip your toe in the water we aren’t that bad really........honest  Smiley
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18389 on: June 23, 2019, 09:39:56 PM »

But you only have one view and are so blinkered to any other view apart from what you read from journalists.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about being in the presence of so many owners or board members of large manufacturing companies, who were so unfazed about the prospects of Brexit.

No one comments.

My post above about jumping on the Boris bashing 'home argument',  but Bawling Nazi shouting lefties gets ignored.

I am often wrong on here, but I never avoid the hard stuff, same with Mantis and Woodsey. I know who I respect more, just for that.

I like Mantis and Woodsey's posts - sometimes they post idiotic analogies, sometimes Woodsey trolls, but it's often tongue in cheek and they are often funny.

You take yourself so seriously and post like you have some special insight..which you really don't and worse still you are never, ever funny. Regrettably, all your posts have an edge and a miserliness that doesn't benefit anyone - stick to horses maybe.

Appreciate it if you could self ban or at least stop popping at Tighty who posts loads of interesting stuff to advance a view and/or facilitate a debate

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 1229 1230 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: