blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:20:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 1301 1302 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180539 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19455 on: August 03, 2019, 01:16:57 AM »

If an ejection was called this year, got to wonder how tactical voting and parties pulling out from certain areas would affect the results. Seems as if the dmLl remain parities we willing to pull out to lend their vote.

In other news, never quite understand why a PM needs to go to places that are struggling. Like the dam in Derbyshire. Just to go and say “looks a bit dodgy”, he’s  the PM, not the head of the RAF. What a waste of money.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19456 on: August 03, 2019, 01:20:41 AM »

If an ejection was called this year, got to wonder how tactical voting and parties pulling out from certain areas would affect the results. Seems as if the dmLl remain parities we willing to pull out to lend their vote.

In other news, never quite understand why a PM needs to go to places that are struggling. Like the dam in Derbyshire. Just to go and say “looks a bit dodgy”, he’s  the PM, not the head of the RAF. What a waste of money.

Probably be a few ejections if everyone is sauced up over the weekend.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19457 on: August 03, 2019, 11:00:38 AM »

The civil service drafted it. Stop being obtuse, look at the information that comes out and open your mind please

Not sure you can ban me for being obtuse....?

Lets be honest, you are the one incapable of thinking anything other than doom and gloom and pestulance can befall us after Brexit.

I have often agreed that it might not be a good thing, but still favour our exit. I see no evidence that you have ever considered anything other than the one dimensional views you have thrust upon us.

if i could, it would have been years ago!

Democracy and free speech must be a real bind to you! People voting for what they want, saying what they want and you not getting your way....

Bless.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19458 on: August 03, 2019, 12:56:57 PM »

Not that at all

Your stubbornness and general debating attitude often involving rudeness can be a problem, and has been for years.

Sadly you do not have the deft touch of a Mantis, or the "i am a troll and i don't care" attitude of a Woodsey

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19459 on: August 03, 2019, 04:48:14 PM »

The next few weeks is just theatre, until after the Tory party conference. Then ignoring what Mr Johnson says, but watching what he does will be key.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19460 on: August 03, 2019, 07:35:04 PM »

tbf several women have commented on my deft touch

Anyway in a new scoop regarding French fishing it seems their trawler men catch 60% of their fish in British waters. This equates to 60,000 tonnes and 5,000 jobs depend on it. French fishing bosses describe No Deal as a “disaster” which would “devastate” the industry. Sobering news indeed for the EU. Great news for British fishing though.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19461 on: August 03, 2019, 09:32:07 PM »

Not that at all

Your stubbornness and general debating attitude often involving rudeness can be a problem, and has been for years.

Sadly you do not have the deft touch of a Mantis, or the "i am a troll and i don't care" attitude of a Woodsey

Only rude to those that have been rude before, or to me,. Or even talked down to me, like I'm an idiot, sound like anyone you know?! And its not that often, to be fair.....

Sorry, therefore, if defending myself offends and doesn't sit well with you, but it is pretty much only you that takes offence at people disagreeing with you(bar the odd Kush meltdown).

My stubbornness is no different to yours, its just we have different opinions. I also don't keep preaching how I am right all the time, because I have read it somewhere else and

You have an air of arrogant superiority whenever you interact with me, and boy does it get wearing, and has done for years.

Any how, it seems we have issues now with immigrant bees.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-49178524

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19462 on: August 05, 2019, 01:22:53 PM »

Boris Johnson is ready to face down a confidence vote challenge from pro-EU MPs by quietly preparing for a “people versus the politicians” election after the UK has left the EU, with or without a deal.

today's FT

https://www.ft.com/content/aa7c1902-b6a8-11e9-8a88-aa6628ac896c

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19463 on: August 05, 2019, 01:23:46 PM »

How far do you think sterling could fall? (link: https://econ.st/2KupUcz)

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19464 on: August 05, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »

Liz Truss, our trade secretary

versus Eddie Mair

an embarrassing no contest

https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1157696024900788224?s=20

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19465 on: August 05, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »

Elaborate plan from influential Irish journalist who was no fan of Brussels approach to €-crisis, to crystallise a Commons majority against essentially Johnson’s exec powers to pursue No Deal, by persuading Sinn Fein to stand aside temporarily & force 7 NI by elections...

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-ireland-can-stop-a-no-deal-brexit-here-s-how-1.3972121#.XURE8WC2YKQ.twitter

never seen that mentioned before

My eyes are open wide
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19466 on: August 05, 2019, 02:54:00 PM »

It won’t happen because Sinn Fein want a no-deal Brexit as the ensuing chaos will bring a united Ireland closer.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19467 on: August 05, 2019, 04:04:30 PM »

It won’t happen because Sinn Fein want a no-deal Brexit as the ensuing chaos will bring a united Ireland closer.

Yes ok

Why would you say therefore that the DUP are supporting a government who in current rhetoric (even if it is brinkmanship) are leading us down a no deal path that threatens the Union in Ireland and maybe in time the rest of the UK too?

My eyes are open wide
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19468 on: August 05, 2019, 07:06:20 PM »

Yes ok

Why would you say therefore that the DUP are supporting a government who in current rhetoric (even if it is brinkmanship) are leading us down a no deal path that threatens the Union in Ireland and maybe in time the rest of the UK too?

The DUP propped up the Tories because to do otherwise risked Corbyn as PM, a man who has called for a united Ireland in the past. At least a Tory PM would resist calls for a border poll for longer than Corbyn would.

Also, it was a great victory for them in the short-term - a billion quid for Northern Ireland and a chance to punch above their weight at a national level. Maybe they just gave no thought to a no-deal Brexit - they have a long history of winning hard negotiations with intransigence and just assumed that at some point the EU would cave in.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #19469 on: August 05, 2019, 07:52:44 PM »

How far do you think sterling could fall? (link: https://econ.st/2KupUcz)

I think 1.1 is the accepted answer to that question then slowly rising again as 'other' deals are made in 2020.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 1301 1302 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: