blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:10:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 1313 1314 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2193641 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19635 on: August 11, 2019, 03:57:10 PM »

for the hundredth time, approximately, I post a wide range of articles. From all sides. There have been some pro Boris ones recently. I post articles that criticise Corbyn, remain...all sorts.

It is only you Adz who seem to take an issue with it.maybe a couple of others but you are the loudmouth about it

The fact is the vast majority of commentary is against no deal

your attitude is extremely dispiriting to the effort i put in.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19636 on: August 11, 2019, 03:58:37 PM »

Of course the EU loathe stop and search and wouldn’t allow this. Another advantage of Brexit.

lies

I think stuff like this is a key component of the problem, lying about the EU is just such a deeply entrenched part of British life.

is told that he is lying

The mysteries of remain attitude include...

- their embrace of European courts passing judgement on UK police

Doesn't admit he was lying and attacks those who told him he was lying with a strawman.

Lol remain wizards ignore the essence of points to obsess about technicalities. In this case the EU courts have jurisdiction over UK law and extending stop and search is not something EU advocate.

Yet lose their appetite for accuracy with every utterance including UK destined for oblivion, economic meltdown, nappies and medicine running dry, no toilet paper, ports will be closed, Ireland will explode, no mars bars, planes won't take off, people won't be tolerant or inclusive anymore.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19637 on: August 11, 2019, 04:02:48 PM »

for the hundredth time, approximately, I post a wide range of articles. From all sides. There have been some pro Boris ones recently. I post articles that criticise Corbyn, remain...all sorts.

It is only you Adz who seem to take an issue with it.maybe a couple of others but you are the loudmouth about it

Then you now know how I feel. No need to name call though, you should show more respect..........hmmm.

Sadly my computer wizardry is very poor and I don't know how to circumnavigate some of these paywalls on newspaper articles, or I would have posted more, but there are certainly more out there than the current proportion you post.

PS, you ignored the part about our brittle union, and why should we stand by everyone when they are so clearly anti us anyway.......
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 04:04:54 PM by BigAdz » Logged

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19638 on: August 11, 2019, 04:05:05 PM »

Gordon Brown heard the genuine concern of citizen and simply labelled her a bigot.

This ignorance of not listening, not fighting for EU reform was essentially the seed that brought us to this point. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19639 on: August 11, 2019, 04:13:11 PM »

Then you now know how I feel. No need to name call though, you should show more respect..........hmmm.

Sadly my computer wizardry is very poor and I don't know how to circumnavigate some of these paywalls on newspaper articles, or I would have posted more, but there are certainly more out there than the current proportion you post.

PS, you ignored the part about our brittle union, and why should we stand by everyone when they are so clearly anti us anyway.......

The last time scotland voted in an indyref it voted to stay. Plaid is a minority in wales. The unionist community in NI is the largest. It is incorrect to say that each country is anti the UK.

At the moment. As two of the three countries apart from england voted heavily to remain and are about to get shafted we can only expect nationalism to rise in each, as english nationalism has risen as a part of the Brexit vote.

That english nationalism is insular, short sighted and can be bigoted and on the far extremes racist. It makes us a far less tolerant and outward looking country and is a profoundly backward step
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 04:17:04 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19640 on: August 11, 2019, 04:29:31 PM »

Yep everybody who voted Brexit across UK is a stupid nationalist bigot

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19641 on: August 11, 2019, 04:33:13 PM »

Thats deliberately not what i said. No excuse for twisting my words it makes you look ridiculous.

I said it can be bigoted

At the extremes it can be racist

Both are inarguable i think and definitely not saying that it applies to everybody who voted brexit

As you won't withdraw your comment as you never do with your incorrect assertions i post to clarify

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #19642 on: August 11, 2019, 04:34:08 PM »

I have posted a series of links over the last week highlighting people's concerns for the future of the Union under No deal.

Desperate is the wrong word. If it happens it happens, but it would be in my opinion an utter calamity to no deal, a view I have expressed for three years

The determination to continue in ignorance of everything presented on such matters by some on the "we want to leave, no deal or not" is frustrating and no doubt will only hit home when such people lose their own jobs and other such consequences of what we will see at the back end of this year   

Will you lose your job as a result of Brexit?

It has been 3 years of one way traffic and you have completely convinced yourself there are no possible upsides. Its been a tad embarrassing at times the one sided way you have trawled the papers and only posted articles that back up your view.

If the union is that brittle, then why the hell are we bothered about a backstop? Leave them to it and lets look after our own.

Finally, why on earth are we even supposed to listen to a word Brown says? He was great when he was in charge wasn't he???!!!

Staunch remainer mate of mine who is is always rattling on about the doom and gloom aspect as much as the worst on here nearly got made redundant recently, of course it was all going to be brexits fault. Turns out they found him a much better job with a bigger salary, I took delight in congratulating him on his new role and if wasn’t for Brexit he wouldn’t have got the opportunity as he had previously said, he was not best pleased with that one!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #19643 on: August 11, 2019, 04:36:56 PM »

I have posted a series of links over the last week highlighting people's concerns for the future of the Union under No deal.

Desperate is the wrong word. If it happens it happens, but it would be in my opinion an utter calamity to no deal, a view I have expressed for three years

The determination to continue in ignorance of everything presented on such matters by some on the "we want to leave, no deal or not" is frustrating and no doubt will only hit home when such people lose their own jobs and other such consequences of what we will see at the back end of this year   

Will you lose your job as a result of Brexit?

It has been 3 years of one way traffic and you have completely convinced yourself there are no possible upsides. Its been a tad embarrassing at times the one sided way you have trawled the papers and only posted articles that back up your view.

If the union is that brittle, then why the hell are we bothered about a backstop? Leave them to it and lets look after our own.

Finally, why on earth are we even supposed to listen to a word Brown says? He was great when he was in charge wasn't he???!!!

Quite possibly. Some of my sources of freelance income have slowed down already. Think it will go across industries and my stuff is discretionary corporate spend

Brown was a very good chancellor on the whole (the move to make the BOE was excellent, proclaiming the end to boom and bust and deregulating the City less so. Got us through the 2008 crash though effectively), less so a PM. An honourable man, and i say that as someone who never voted for him or his party.

You have previously said on here that it was Brown’s big increases in public spending in his time as PM that made the financial crisis worse and left us in a worse position, you weren’t impressed with him back then......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19644 on: August 11, 2019, 04:42:00 PM »

Brown conducted policy as if boom and bust had been abolished and i mentioned that an hour ago, so no change in my view. In the round a good chancellor as they go but an uninspired PM.

His views on the Union are solid.

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19645 on: August 11, 2019, 05:49:07 PM »

Talking about misrepresentation why view the English rise in nationalism in isolation and link it to Brexit?

How’s about mentioning the rise of nationalism right across Europe and link it to EU federalism instead

Oops but that doesn’t suit the narrative, so let’s just run down our own people, our own country.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19646 on: August 11, 2019, 05:57:37 PM »

English nationalism is a subset of the Brexit vote, thats why. Not the main part of the vote. Part of it. Same as it is in parts of the EU for different reasons

Blind optimism that we see in your Stepford Wife posts in these circumstances two months from a no-deal is frankly ludicrous.

The country and its politicans deserves the opprobrium it and they is/are getting at the moment and i don't apologise for that view.

There is nothing to talk up, no sunlit uplands and much pain ahead

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19647 on: August 11, 2019, 06:06:24 PM »

Rather than unifying from the start which was optimum for getting a suitable deal remain have been obsessed with highlighting worst case scenarios, minority groups and undermining democracy. As the product of that approach draws near their panic and agitation is palpable. Our position has remained constant.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19648 on: August 11, 2019, 06:18:13 PM »

We would be out now if the ERG leave MPs had voted for the WA.

It is simply a half arsed view to blame remainers for the mess when May took the hardest line options in her red lines , did not seek to build consensus and then leavers in parliament decided that the version of Brexit she got wasnt good enough

For the sake of fairness we have to add that Corbyns Labour did not vote in the national interest either on the WA and have been useless too.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:22:02 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #19649 on: August 11, 2019, 06:56:31 PM »

Shysters, conmen and hypocrites you say?

Brexit enforcer Cummings’ farm took €235,000 in EU handouts

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/10/dominic-cummings-owns-farm-got-eu-subsidy

Is it really hypocritical?
Yeah, Cummings has maybe a 25% share in a family farm that has received around £20k a year over the last 10 years. No suggestion in there that the payments weren’t legitimate and no suggestion that he played any part in claiming them.

What part of the story makes him a shyster or a conman?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 1313 1314 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: