blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:01:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 1513 1514 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180510 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22635 on: December 13, 2019, 05:19:06 PM »

I hope nobody did too much on the 1/3 Lib Dem’s in Sheffield Hallam
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22636 on: December 13, 2019, 06:41:56 PM »

Fair play on that on Aaron, I didn't back it. Had a list of short priced seats that I would have added to my mug multiples but they only allowed singles so didn't bother.

Your prediction that it was going to be close was way off the mark though.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22637 on: December 13, 2019, 07:59:26 PM »

Fair play on that on Aaron, I didn't back it. Had a list of short priced seats that I would have added to my mug multiples but they only allowed singles so didn't bother.

Your prediction that it was going to be close was way off the mark though.

Of course it was. The polls on average showed an 8 point lead, with some showing 4/5 point leads. I genuinely thought that these queues was young people.

But also  the one bet I did have was Labour over 200 🤷‍♂️
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22638 on: December 13, 2019, 08:01:14 PM »

It’s quite amusing to hear Boris saying it’s time to heal divisions. This will never happen.

The country is completely divided by an election that should have never been called.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #22639 on: December 13, 2019, 08:18:30 PM »

It’s quite amusing to hear Boris saying it’s time to heal divisions. This will never happen.

The country is completely divided by an election that should have never been called.

I'm hoping that's code for  - now I don't have to pretend to listen to what the ERG want we can make the best of this shambles.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22640 on: December 13, 2019, 09:18:31 PM »

I'm hoping that's code for  - now I don't have to pretend to listen to what the ERG want we can make the best of this shambles.

It’s code for we shouldn’t have had the referendum. The country wasn’t talking about it.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22641 on: December 13, 2019, 09:21:08 PM »

Next labour leader.

Surely a woman?

Surely left wing to be elected by the membership?

.....leads to either RLB (4/1) or Rayner (8/1)

cant have Rayner, so going in again on RLB.

https://labourlist.org/2019/11/rebecca-long-bailey-unveils-new-logo-in-campaign-video/

I’m the opposite of this. Can have Rayner, can’t have RLB. But we shouldn’t be doing this silly thing where we go round saying it must be a female leader or dr who or James Bond, etc etc

Jobs should be given on merit, not on sex
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #22642 on: December 13, 2019, 10:24:21 PM »

What a night and a good start to the day with enjoyable short speeches by Gove and Johnson rejoicing in the determination of the British people to not be cowed by the remainiac movement.

Properly triumphalist in celebrating the British rejecting the lunacy of the antisemitic, identity obsessed, climate bandwagoning, Marxist economics of the Labour party and the anti democratic, smug, Waitrosian, gender self id ing Lib Dems. But clearly aware of a broader responsibility to those people voting Tory for the first time.

Those uplands look sunlit to me. I won't have to listen to Pidcock and Swinson for a while, Brexit will be done within a few weeks - the world will continue, the British economy will take off over the next few years.

Haven't felt like an election could really change things since Blair won in 1997 but this one will and I feel very optimistic.

The result showed Jonathan Ashworth to be more visionary than banterer. Hopefully Labour can collect themselves and replace hand wringing, whining, talking Britain down, obsession with grievance and identity politics and wild economic policy with something that can be seen as a viable alternative to the Tories

At moments like these you need a bit of Sir Ivan in your life  Wink

A very long read but I'm confident you will persevere. Enjoy.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/ivan-rogers-i-do-not-think-johnson-will-pivot-to-a-softer-brexit-general-election-conservative-majority
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22643 on: December 13, 2019, 10:46:23 PM »

What a night and a good start to the day with enjoyable short speeches by Gove and Johnson rejoicing in the determination of the British people to not be cowed by the remainiac movement.

Properly triumphalist in celebrating the British rejecting the lunacy of the antisemitic, identity obsessed, climate bandwagoning, Marxist economics of the Labour party and the anti democratic, smug, Waitrosian, gender self id ing Lib Dems. But clearly aware of a broader responsibility to those people voting Tory for the first time.

Those uplands look sunlit to me. I won't have to listen to Pidcock and Swinson for a while, Brexit will be done within a few weeks - the world will continue, the British economy will take off over the next few years.

Haven't felt like an election could really change things since Blair won in 1997 but this one will and I feel very optimistic.

The result showed Jonathan Ashworth to be more visionary than banterer. Hopefully Labour can collect themselves and replace hand wringing, whining, talking Britain down, obsession with grievance and identity politics and wild economic policy with something that can be seen as a viable alternative to the Tories

At moments like these you need a bit of Sir Ivan in your life  Wink

A very long read but I'm confident you will persevere. Enjoy.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/ivan-rogers-i-do-not-think-johnson-will-pivot-to-a-softer-brexit-general-election-conservative-majority

I've enjoyed reading his perspectives before but this was a very short read - did you put the wrong link in.

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #22644 on: December 13, 2019, 11:20:22 PM »

Next labour leader.

Surely a woman?

https://labourlist.org/2019/11/rebecca-long-bailey-unveils-new-logo-in-campaign-video/

I’m the opposite of this. Can have Rayner, can’t have RLB. But we shouldn’t be doing this silly thing where we go round saying it must be a female leader or dr who or James Bond, etc etc

Diane Abbott is 100/1 should she tickle anyone's fancy.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #22645 on: December 13, 2019, 11:27:41 PM »

Next labour leader.

Surely a woman?

Diane Abbott is 100/1 should she tickle anyone's fancy.

She’d need to put her best foot forward to be value at 100/1

Feel like politics has left her behind

Can’t imagine she’s a shoe-in for the position

Etc.

Allez!!
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22646 on: December 14, 2019, 12:22:44 AM »

I always find it amusing when from nowhere Diane Abbott is mentioned. It’s astonishing.

If a white MP had done what she had done, it wouldn’t have made the news or social media. The only reason Diane Abbott clangers make the news is because she black.

Shame on you.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22647 on: December 14, 2019, 02:13:59 AM »

Who do you think did the biggest blooper?

Chris Grayling wasting hundreds of millions or Diane Abbott making a maths mistake?

Nicky Morgan incorrectly telling us 50k more nurses (when it’s 31k) or Diane Abbott putting the wrong shoes on?

Mogg blaming residents if grenfell for their own death or Diane Abbott asking one more question then allotted

Mark Field assaulting a woman or Diane Abbott saying her kids go to private school

Anybody that has posted, pointlessly, about Diane should hang their heads in shame. Maybe even admit they’ might be racist. Genuinely pity you.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #22648 on: December 14, 2019, 07:54:17 AM »

Who do you think did the biggest blooper?

Chris Grayling wasting hundreds of millions or Diane Abbott making a maths mistake?

Nicky Morgan incorrectly telling us 50k more nurses (when it’s 31k) or Diane Abbott putting the wrong shoes on?

Mogg blaming residents if grenfell for their own death or Diane Abbott asking one more question then allotted

Mark Field assaulting a woman or Diane Abbott saying her kids go to private school

Anybody that has posted, pointlessly, about Diane should hang their heads in shame. Maybe even admit they’ might be racist. Genuinely pity you.

Lolron back to calling people racist, unbelievable how you can even contemplate putting Ralph into that bracket

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22649 on: December 14, 2019, 09:07:59 AM »

I always find it amusing when from nowhere Diane Abbott is mentioned. It’s astonishing.

If a white MP had done what she had done, it wouldn’t have made the news or social media. The only reason Diane Abbott clangers make the news is because she black.

Shame on you.

Behave.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 1513 1514 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: