blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2020, 09:31:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2253942 Posts in 66551 Topics by 16617 Members
Latest Member: magnus
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 1510 1511 [1512] 1513 1514 1515 1516 ... 1526 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 1143157 times)
Karabiner

30 million light-years away

View Profile
« Reply #22665 on: December 13, 2019, 11:20:22 PM »

Next labour leader.

Surely a woman?

Surely left wing to be elected by the membership?

.....leads to either RLB (4/1) or Rayner (8/1)

cant have Rayner, so going in again on RLB.

https://labourlist.org/2019/11/rebecca-long-bailey-unveils-new-logo-in-campaign-video/

I’m the opposite of this. Can have Rayner, can’t have RLB. But we shouldn’t be doing this silly thing where we go round saying it must be a female leader or dr who or James Bond, etc etc

Jobs should be given on merit, not on sex

Diane Abbott is 100/1 should she tickle anyone's fancy.

If I'm not here I'm probably hacking it round the back nine
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #22666 on: December 13, 2019, 11:27:41 PM »

Next labour leader.

Surely a woman?

Surely left wing to be elected by the membership?

.....leads to either RLB (4/1) or Rayner (8/1)

cant have Rayner, so going in again on RLB.

https://labourlist.org/2019/11/rebecca-long-bailey-unveils-new-logo-in-campaign-video/

I’m the opposite of this. Can have Rayner, can’t have RLB. But we shouldn’t be doing this silly thing where we go round saying it must be a female leader or dr who or James Bond, etc etc

Jobs should be given on merit, not on sex

Diane Abbott is 100/1 should she tickle anyone's fancy.

She’d need to put her best foot forward to be value at 100/1

Feel like politics has left her behind

Can’t imagine she’s a shoe-in for the position

Etc.

Allez!!
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22667 on: December 14, 2019, 12:22:44 AM »

I always find it amusing when from nowhere Diane Abbott is mentioned. It’s astonishing.

If a white MP had done what she had done, it wouldn’t have made the news or social media. The only reason Diane Abbott clangers make the news is because she black.

Shame on you.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22668 on: December 14, 2019, 02:13:59 AM »

Who do you think did the biggest blooper?

Chris Grayling wasting hundreds of millions or Diane Abbott making a maths mistake?

Nicky Morgan incorrectly telling us 50k more nurses (when it’s 31k) or Diane Abbott putting the wrong shoes on?

Mogg blaming residents if grenfell for their own death or Diane Abbott asking one more question then allotted

Mark Field assaulting a woman or Diane Abbott saying her kids go to private school

Anybody that has posted, pointlessly, about Diane should hang their heads in shame. Maybe even admit they’ might be racist. Genuinely pity you.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #22669 on: December 14, 2019, 07:54:17 AM »

Who do you think did the biggest blooper?

Chris Grayling wasting hundreds of millions or Diane Abbott making a maths mistake?

Nicky Morgan incorrectly telling us 50k more nurses (when it’s 31k) or Diane Abbott putting the wrong shoes on?

Mogg blaming residents if grenfell for their own death or Diane Abbott asking one more question then allotted

Mark Field assaulting a woman or Diane Abbott saying her kids go to private school

Anybody that has posted, pointlessly, about Diane should hang their heads in shame. Maybe even admit they’ might be racist. Genuinely pity you.

Lolron back to calling people racist, unbelievable how you can even contemplate putting Ralph into that bracket

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22670 on: December 14, 2019, 09:07:59 AM »

I always find it amusing when from nowhere Diane Abbott is mentioned. It’s astonishing.

If a white MP had done what she had done, it wouldn’t have made the news or social media. The only reason Diane Abbott clangers make the news is because she black.

Shame on you.

Behave.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #22671 on: December 14, 2019, 09:28:19 AM »

What a night and a good start to the day with enjoyable short speeches by Gove and Johnson rejoicing in the determination of the British people to not be cowed by the remainiac movement.

Properly triumphalist in celebrating the British rejecting the lunacy of the antisemitic, identity obsessed, climate bandwagoning, Marxist economics of the Labour party and the anti democratic, smug, Waitrosian, gender self id ing Lib Dems. But clearly aware of a broader responsibility to those people voting Tory for the first time.

Those uplands look sunlit to me. I won't have to listen to Pidcock and Swinson for a while, Brexit will be done within a few weeks - the world will continue, the British economy will take off over the next few years.

Haven't felt like an election could really change things since Blair won in 1997 but this one will and I feel very optimistic.

The result showed Jonathan Ashworth to be more visionary than banterer. Hopefully Labour can collect themselves and replace hand wringing, whining, talking Britain down, obsession with grievance and identity politics and wild economic policy with something that can be seen as a viable alternative to the Tories

At moments like these you need a bit of Sir Ivan in your life  Wink

A very long read but I'm confident you will persevere. Enjoy.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/ivan-rogers-i-do-not-think-johnson-will-pivot-to-a-softer-brexit-general-election-conservative-majority

I've enjoyed reading his perspectives before but this was a very short read - did you put the wrong link in.

I did. Try this:

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/ivan-rogers-on-brexit-the-worst-is-yet-to-come-eu-trade-deal-boris-johnson-labour-election-speech-glasgow

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22672 on: December 14, 2019, 10:20:36 AM »

What a night and a good start to the day with enjoyable short speeches by Gove and Johnson rejoicing in the determination of the British people to not be cowed by the remainiac movement.

Properly triumphalist in celebrating the British rejecting the lunacy of the antisemitic, identity obsessed, climate bandwagoning, Marxist economics of the Labour party and the anti democratic, smug, Waitrosian, gender self id ing Lib Dems. But clearly aware of a broader responsibility to those people voting Tory for the first time.

Those uplands look sunlit to me. I won't have to listen to Pidcock and Swinson for a while, Brexit will be done within a few weeks - the world will continue, the British economy will take off over the next few years.

Haven't felt like an election could really change things since Blair won in 1997 but this one will and I feel very optimistic.

The result showed Jonathan Ashworth to be more visionary than banterer. Hopefully Labour can collect themselves and replace hand wringing, whining, talking Britain down, obsession with grievance and identity politics and wild economic policy with something that can be seen as a viable alternative to the Tories

At moments like these you need a bit of Sir Ivan in your life  Wink

A very long read but I'm confident you will persevere. Enjoy.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/ivan-rogers-i-do-not-think-johnson-will-pivot-to-a-softer-brexit-general-election-conservative-majority

I've enjoyed reading his perspectives before but this was a very short read - did you put the wrong link in.

I did. Try this:

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/ivan-rogers-on-brexit-the-worst-is-yet-to-come-eu-trade-deal-boris-johnson-labour-election-speech-glasgow

Thanks for the link, interesting stuff.
alanc

View Profile
« Reply #22673 on: December 14, 2019, 10:50:41 AM »

Excellent article. Thanks for posting.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22674 on: December 14, 2019, 01:29:09 PM »

Shame on you.

Utter bellend.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22675 on: December 14, 2019, 01:52:34 PM »

Shame on you.

No one here has made any racist comments whatsoever Aaron.

Perhaps you could alter the tone of your posts please.

Youth fades but immaturity can last forever.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22676 on: December 14, 2019, 02:49:51 PM »

Sure there will be lots of common ground here

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickluck/status/1204061829409828864

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #22677 on: December 14, 2019, 03:48:07 PM »

Sure there will be lots of common ground here

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickluck/status/1204061829409828864

Ridge on Sunday, Marr or Channings post mortem ......so much to wake up to  Smiley
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #22678 on: December 14, 2019, 10:16:35 PM »

Shame on you.

What a load of tosh Aaron. When I think of Diane Abbott, I don’t think black, I just think thick.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22679 on: December 14, 2019, 11:55:43 PM »

Shame on you.

What a load of tosh Aaron. When I think of Diane Abbott, I don’t think black, I just think thick.

You could label many MP’s as thick, but yet it’s only really Diane Abbott that gets the stick. Like I said, if she was white, she’d never get all the stick she receives on social media or in the media.
Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 1510 1511 [1512] 1513 1514 1515 1516 ... 1526 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: