blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:01:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 1520 1521 [1522] 1523 1524 1525 1526 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180177 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22815 on: April 22, 2020, 01:35:01 PM »

A heavyweight silk vs a real life Lionel Hutz at PMQ’s.

[/url][youtube] https://youtu.be/dqN41aEzVCM[youtube][/url]

I listened to this with some interest. Starmer is a clearly a seasoned politician and has a more forensic approach to that of Corbyn. I don’t see how your Simpsons video is relevant though.

He got his wider points across well, but the truth is that the circumstances cry out for a co-operative approach and to hide behind a cloak of ‘constructive criticism’ as you attempt to generalise from isolated individual cases is in no way helpful.

Obviously a Starmer led government would have had a secret store of tests in place for Covid19 ready to roll on the day it hit the country.

The video is just a jokey reference (they are both lawyers) to the fact that Keir was a top top QC and by comparison Raab’s credentials as a lawyer are rather similar to those possessed by Lionel Hutz.

The second point is tired Woodsey/Mantis type nonsense. The modern political divide is at least partly characterised by believing in public investment or not believing in public investment. Of course you’d be in a better position to deal with a pandemic if you had a bigger and better funded public sector. Just the 100,000 or so shortage of NHS staff tells us this. They can’t run the Nightingale in London because they don’t have enough nurses. 41 patients treated so far, 50 rejected due to staffing shortages.

Hold fire on the Nightingale numbers, can’t find the source where I read. I’ll be back.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22816 on: April 22, 2020, 01:37:19 PM »

I listened to this with some interest. Starmer is a clearly a seasoned politician and has a more forensic approach to that of Corbyn. I don’t see how your Simpsons video is relevant though.

He got his wider points across well, but the truth is that the circumstances cry out for a co-operative approach and to hide behind a cloak of ‘constructive criticism’ as you attempt to generalise from isolated individual cases is in no way helpful.

Obviously a Starmer led government would have had a secret store of tests in place for Covid19 ready to roll on the day it hit the country.

The video is just a jokey reference (they are both lawyers) to the fact that Keir was a top top QC and by comparison Raab’s credentials as a lawyer are rather similar to those possessed by Lionel Hutz.

The second point is tired Woodsey/Mantis type nonsense. The modern political divide is at least partly characterised by believing in public investment or not believing in public investment. Of course you’d be in a better position to deal with a pandemic if you had a bigger and better funded public sector. Just the 100,000 or so shortage of NHS staff tells us this. They can’t run the Nightingale in London because they don’t have enough nurses. 41 patients treated so far, 50 rejected due to staffing shortages.

Your probably going to have a Tory government for the rest of your life......get used to it and stop whining.

It doesn’t diminish my life in any meaningful way (although it might shorten it quite a bit I guess), millions aren’t as fortunate.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #22817 on: April 22, 2020, 01:39:52 PM »

Your probably going to have a Tory government for the rest of your life......get used to it and stop whining.

It doesn’t diminish my life in any meaningful way (although it might shorten it quite a bit I guess), millions aren’t as fortunate.

Of course it does, you spend your life constantly  moaning about the Tories, that can’t be a good mindset to have or be good for mental health in any way.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #22818 on: April 22, 2020, 04:33:12 PM »

The government have refuted the stories about staff shortages - they say the Nightingale hospitals are working at the capacity they are needed. They haven't got more beds open because they don't need them, not because they lack staff.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22819 on: April 22, 2020, 04:49:29 PM »

The government have refuted the stories about staff shortages - they say the Nightingale hospitals are working at the capacity they are needed. They haven't got more beds open because they don't need them, not because they lack staff.

That doesn’t suit Kuku’s narrative though.

Weird sense of humour with the Simpsons thing. Each to their own though.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #22820 on: April 22, 2020, 04:53:46 PM »

I will accept the compliment.

How are you planning on paying for the bigger and better funded public sector?

I call BS on the Nightingale Hospital.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22821 on: April 22, 2020, 05:10:13 PM »

I will accept the compliment.

How are you planning on paying for the bigger and better funded public sector?

I call BS on the Nightingale Hospital.

Initially loads of borrowing, after that, loads of tax. We could just do a Rishi and get 100’s if billions in ‘ways and means’ as a BoE overdraft.

Let’s wait and see on The Nightingale, most of what the government says atm is provably untrue within days/hours. It would be naive to think this will be different.

Very impressive calling bullshit on it, when I’d already brought to your attention there were doubts over it.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22822 on: April 22, 2020, 06:02:19 PM »

This is good 😂:

https://twitter.com/alain_tolhurst/status/1252987811751436293?s=21
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22823 on: May 01, 2020, 10:27:21 AM »

Monbiot, Gove, Jakally and me, all on the same page today:

https://twitter.com/georgemonbiot/status/1256135296560836608?s=21
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22824 on: May 27, 2020, 03:51:39 PM »

Frost confirms U.K. will not ask for an extension nor agree to one if offered

Barnier wrote to the opposition parties earlier and said 2 years more of transition was on offer if we wanted it in the circumstances

So, a full no deal brexit on top of COVID and a deep (completely unforecastable but a total game-changer) recession.

Roll on 2021 everyone?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22825 on: May 28, 2020, 10:12:18 AM »

What a laughing stock we are! (part 2 of things it’s hard to imagine). It’s hard to imagine a person where the idea of trusting them is more ridiculous than Dipshit Johnson. You have to assume it’s a joke but it really isn’t:

https://twitter.com/steverichards14/status/1265920805751455744?s=21
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22826 on: June 06, 2020, 10:37:53 AM »

Matthew Parris, Boris: both barrels.

Corruscating stuff if you can access

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/things-are-about-to-get-even-worse-for-boris-johnson-q08g30mbx

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22827 on: June 06, 2020, 10:51:31 AM »

Matthew Parris, Boris: both barrels.

Corruscating stuff if you can access

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/things-are-about-to-get-even-worse-for-boris-johnson-q08g30mbx

The article should appear in the archive soon but for now, a highlights package:

https://twitter.com/paul__johnson/status/1269161637480747012?s=21
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22828 on: June 06, 2020, 02:46:35 PM »

This was behind the paywall but has been released. Which as much as the article itself, provides an insight in to what they think of him atm:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-isn-t-fit-to-lead
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #22829 on: June 18, 2020, 08:01:19 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 1520 1521 [1522] 1523 1524 1525 1526 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: