blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:35:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Fantasy Premier League 2015/16.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League 2015/16.  (Read 98164 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2015, 06:36:19 PM »

In case you thought you had a tough one,someone out there used their Triple Captain option on Courtois

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2015, 06:38:01 PM »

Anyone who used a chip first week is a fish anyway lets face it, at least they got a lol out of that one.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2015, 09:28:41 PM »

any sign of sterling getting sent off yet?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2015, 09:35:57 PM »

Anyone who used a chip first week is a fish anyway lets face it, at least they got a lol out of that one.

This guy isn't a fish and he used his All Out Attack. A pretty useless chip though.
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/5281/history/

No but he missed a sitter coz he's a headless chicken in front of goal.

thesilkworm

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2015, 09:50:30 PM »

This guy isn't a fish and he used his All Out Attack. A pretty useless chip though.

No but he missed a sitter coz he's a headless chicken in front of goal.

One of the reasons I prefer Silva:)

My H2H opponent on 2p2 seems to have used the bench boost chip which I don't understand. Could either be a misclick or some bug I guess. I should hold on for the win unless Lescott scores in the second half...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:14:44 PM by thesilkworm » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2015, 09:55:00 PM »

Important information

We are aware of a bug within the iOS app that shows ‘Bench Boost Played’ on Latest Points even if you've not played the chip. The issue won't affect your scores and the problem will be fixed asap in the next update.
Last updated: 08 Aug 18:45

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
thesilkworm

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2015, 10:16:27 PM »

Yeah saw that but thought it was limited to iOS app. When I view my own team on the iOS app I see bench boost. My opponent's team is the only one I've seen with it on the main website. Looking like it shouldn't matter either way (cue Lescott consolation goal).
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2015, 10:23:18 PM »

Joe Gomez saved me this week, even though he looked really shaky all game.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 11, 2015, 10:46:30 PM »

Dear Geniuses,

Rate my team!

Structural deficiencies? Areas for quick wins? Would you trade one player for another similar one because reasons?

Any help appreciated:

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 11, 2015, 11:42:43 PM »

Regardless of what his previous scores have been (and they are impressive) that move, was a fish move.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 11, 2015, 11:49:35 PM »

Dear Geniuses,

Rate my team!

Structural deficiencies? Areas for quick wins? Would you trade one player for another similar one because reasons?

Any help appreciated:

It's not bad! (IMO)  Most of them are in my squad or very close to it though, so I would say that. The only problem is that none of them got off to a flyer, so you may find them losing some value in the first few gameweeks unless they hit form pretty quickly.

But at least they're playing. The fact that you only had one player that didn't start, and he was a GK(!), means you don't need to spank your WC early-doors either.
thesilkworm

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 12, 2015, 12:15:54 AM »

Regardless of what his previous scores have been (and they are impressive) that move, was a fish move.

I disagree. The AOA chip isn't going to be worth much. I can see myself using it for either a defensive injury crisis or not bothering to use it at all. This guy has decided to build a team specifically designed for it (i.e. 8 decent attacking options and a very cheap defence), and he'll adjust it this week. Sure, it didn't work out as the players disappointed, but all 8 of them could have conceivably scored well. Given that the chip isn't worth much, I think the only time it would definitely be a mistake to use it would be when you are actually benching a decent defensive option as a result, or doing something stupid like playing your 4.5m defensive mid as your 8th attacker.

Using any other chip in GW1 was definitely a huge mistake though.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2015, 12:17:42 AM »

Mulhuzz,

You spent a lot on your front line and not enough on hour midfield. You probably need to balance that up. Defence is ok, although you could free up some cash by downgrading mertsacker for a 4.5m defender and use the cash in midfield.

Its not bad really.
thesilkworm

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 12, 2015, 12:20:31 AM »

Dear Geniuses,

Rate my team!

Any help appreciated:

It's not bad! (IMO)  Most of them are in my squad or very close to it though, so I would say that. The only problem is that none of them got off to a flyer, so you may find them losing some value in the first few gameweeks unless they hit form pretty quickly.

But at least they're playing. The fact that you only had one player that didn't start, and he was a GK(!), means you don't need to spank your WC early-doors either.

+1 to team looking perfectly fine. I'd just hold the transfer and re-evaluate next week with more information. I definitely wouldn't wildcard. Both GKs played though right? It's defender Taylor who didn't.

If you do make a transfer this week, you could do Giroud to Sakho, who has two very nice fixtures coming up. This would free up some cash for Rooney -> Aguero next week if you decide that's what you want.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:22:13 AM by thesilkworm » Logged
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2015, 12:55:06 AM »

Both GKs played though right? It's defender Taylor who didn't.

Yep. you're right about the GKs.

One thing that doesn't show, and is a common mistake in people's initial teams, is that they don't have any £ in the bank to trade up one of their sh!tters (in one transfer) if required. Most people are so obsessed with spending every penny that they don't appreciate that spotting/buying in the bargains is a crucial element in this game.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: