blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:00:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530858 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: April 20, 2017, 07:28:57 PM »

Big Staples won't get anyone to help him, because he'll have to do things properly, and start tracking his macros etc.

Small Staples could put some weight on, exactly as you said, and even some extra if he just throws GOMAD in as well Cheesy

Does his brother play poker too? Wonder how much they have to just cancel life towards the end and spend it in the gym etc?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 20, 2017, 07:34:43 PM »

Big Staples won't get anyone to help him, because he'll have to do things properly, and start tracking his macros etc.

Small Staples could put some weight on, exactly as you said, and even some extra if he just throws GOMAD in as well Cheesy

Does his brother play poker too? Wonder how much they have to just cancel life towards the end and spend it in the gym etc?

Yeah, Matt and him share a house in Prague, which they both stream from.

Doubt they will have to do that. I imagine they'll have just paid Perkins the money in 6 months Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: April 21, 2017, 03:38:08 PM »

Doubt they will have to do that. I imagine they'll have just paid Perkins the money in 6 months Cheesy

I wanna root for them, I really do. If it gets close may start following
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: April 21, 2017, 03:40:16 PM »

Worked up to a 5rm today. I wanna be really flexible with the heavier stuff, and if I don't feel it just not be ego driven.

So worked up to 160 for 5. It isn't far off a lifetime PB, and a few weeks ago just went in for 1 and it felt really tough. Getting 5 at about RPE 8 was decent.

Then went for 4x10 OH Squat at 40 shoeless to really work on alignment and gripping the floor.

Heavish on the LP 3x12 at 210

Still dislike the hack squat.

Deadstop rows yesterday were pretty meh, 4x5 at 100 whereas previously been hitting 8 so maybe a bad day not sure. Won't get too disheartened though.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: April 21, 2017, 04:44:14 PM »

Know that it's going well, when there are PBs being mentioned Smiley

I wanna root for them, I really do. If it gets close may start following

I'd love them to do it, because it would be great for his health, which can't be looking good @ >300lbs, and looking like the only thing he has ever lifted is a knife & fork.

$150k is a lot of money to both of them, and nothing to Bill Perkins, who I think would genuinely be happy to hand it over.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: April 22, 2017, 02:16:21 PM »

It's been a slow week for me but I'm going to smash it this weekend.

Did a lower session today. Nothing different with the exercises but got some decent numbers for me.

Squats up to 80kg for 8 then did 3 x 2 at 100kg. Form and speed felt really good and there was zero hip pain to worry about.

Deadlifts went 5 x 5 at 120kg again with form feeling spot on.

On to bench tomorrow and I've got a new slingshot to try. Also purchased some elbow cuffs and wrist wraps which I've used today whilst squatting. They feel really good and very supportive. Expensive without doubt but the best I've ever used by a long way.

Interested to see what the slingshot does. I've tried it for a few press ups to get a feel for it and it's a strange sensation. Almost feels like you're bouncing back off the floor but then the assistance disappears at lockout. You can really feel it forcing you in to the correct position and I think it'll really help with shoulder issues on the heavier bench sets. Excited to give it a go.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: April 22, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »

Worked up to a 5rm today. I wanna be really flexible with the heavier stuff, and if I don't feel it just not be ego driven.

So worked up to 160 for 5. It isn't far off a lifetime PB, and a few weeks ago just went in for 1 and it felt really tough. Getting 5 at about RPE 8 was decent.

Then went for 4x10 OH Squat at 40 shoeless to really work on alignment and gripping the floor.

Deadstop rows yesterday were pretty meh, 4x5 at 100 whereas previously been hitting 8 so maybe a bad day not sure. Won't get too disheartened though.

Them rows are still really strong mate even just doing 5. Are they easier when you do dead stop? I suppose you have a break which makes them easier but then your range is longer making them harder.

Deadlifts are looking good. you think 200 is there when we next meet up?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 22, 2017, 08:41:10 PM »

Them rows are still really strong mate even just doing 5. Are they easier when you do dead stop? I suppose you have a break which makes them easier but then your range is longer making them harder.

Deadlifts are looking good. you think 200 is there when we next meet up?

So weird how there can be such a difference, some days 8 feels really comfortable (8th is tough, but there or there abouts) then 5 feels a struggle.

I think taking a dead stop is hard, but in a different way. You get to use your legs a bit and BW. I couldn't conventionally BOR 100 for 8 I don't think.

How easy 170 felt I would say yes, but as you said last time round 'I can get it, but at what cost?'. So will have to see how it's going leading up to it.

How you getting on?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: April 22, 2017, 09:32:05 PM »

How you getting on?

Sigh.... Spent all that time writing an update and you didn't even read it Sad

Going well mate. 5 x 5 @ 120kg feels good and rep 25 moves as fast as rep 1. Couple more weeks of 5 x 5 perhaps up to 130kg then I'll try a few doubles and perhaps go for a new PR. Think it was 170kg last time but not 100% certain

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: April 22, 2017, 11:22:07 PM »

How you getting on?

Sigh.... Spent all that time writing an update and you didn't even read it Sad

Going well mate. 5 x 5 @ 120kg feels good and rep 25 moves as fast as rep 1. Couple more weeks of 5 x 5 perhaps up to 130kg then I'll try a few doubles and perhaps go for a new PR. Think it was 170kg last time but not 100% certain

Hahaha, f***, completely missed it! Going to read the full version now!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: April 22, 2017, 11:23:28 PM »

It's been a slow week for me but I'm going to smash it this weekend.

Did a lower session today. Nothing different with the exercises but got some decent numbers for me.

Squats up to 80kg for 8 then did 3 x 2 at 100kg. Form and speed felt really good and there was zero hip pain to worry about.

Deadlifts went 5 x 5 at 120kg again with form feeling spot on.

On to bench tomorrow and I've got a new slingshot to try. Also purchased some elbow cuffs and wrist wraps which I've used today whilst squatting. They feel really good and very supportive. Expensive without doubt but the best I've ever used by a long way.

Interested to see what the slingshot does. I've tried it for a few press ups to get a feel for it and it's a strange sensation. Almost feels like you're bouncing back off the floor but then the assistance disappears at lockout. You can really feel it forcing you in to the correct position and I think it'll really help with shoulder issues on the heavier bench sets. Excited to give it a go.

Thats some good volume with the DL too.

You get the slingshot online?

Great news about the hip, has it settled since that physio session?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 23, 2017, 03:41:35 PM »

Fun bench session today with all my new toys.

Warm up is pretty intense with 4 x 10 db press up to 36kg SS with 4 x 10 slingshot lat activation exercise.

Pretty much f**ked after that lot before even starting bench press. Wrist wraps and elbow cuffs definitely helped with the db press so that was good. I've never had a wrist strap with this much support before, really locks everything together nicely.

So bench was warm up 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 110 then in to the proper sets 3 x 2 @ 117.5kg

Managed those reasonably easily although I may have struggled for an extra rep in any of the sets. Guess that means the weight's about right.

Finally in to 3 x 1 @ 122.5kg but now with the slingshot on......

Well what a shocker!! 122.5kg felt so easy I had to do a second rep just to feel it working again. Did a single on the second set and another double for the third but there was loads more in the tank.

They say it's worth about 10% extra on your bench and I can believe it. 100% certain I could've pissed 3 plates without needing a spotter. It's not just the assistance it gives you but the way it forces your elbows in to a strong position for benching. You absolutely can not flare your elbows so you have to bench properly. Really good bit of kit.

I did all of this with a slightly sore shoulder but not really suffering too much for it now.

I'm not going to try a PR next week, just going to de-load for a few weeks then ramp up again hopefully to tie in with a session with Harvey to both smash some PRs. I'm confident that I'd hit 140kg again next week if I went for it so that's the main thing.

Fun day Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: April 23, 2017, 03:45:31 PM »

You get the slingshot online?

Great news about the hip, has it settled since that physio session?

I got the slingshot and wraps from improveyourbench.co.uk

Think that's the only place you can get the genuine ones in the UK as far as I could see. I shopped around a fair bit as they're so expensive but that was it.

The hip is improving a lot. I had another session on Thursday and booked in again next Wednesday. It's still far from 100% but I think it'll get there before too long. It's definitely become more mobile and starting to compare to the good hip where flexibility is concerned.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: April 24, 2017, 06:09:52 PM »

Slingshot seems a serious winner? I always think that about most lifts, what could we do if we just stayed in the right bloody position. Defo think its a good idea though, seems like a great way to reduce the risk of injury. Does it pinch the skin or fit well?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: April 24, 2017, 06:13:03 PM »

Mixed things up a bit today and started with some fronts. Went for some weight today.

1x5 90
1x3 100
1x3 105
1x2 110

I did go for three, but got stuck at the bottom.

1 leg lunges 3x5 at 60. Thats a bit of a life long aim right there. Really pleased with that, I remember when I first starting training I saw the biggest guy in the gym totally butcher it at 60, stacked himself doing the first rep. So to get 15 out comfortably is really pleasing for me.

4x8 RDL at 110, felt far easier than last week, but grip still fails me.

3x3 OH Squats 60, want to build the up to a 6-8 rep range, 40 to a 15-20 rep range and 50 10-15 rep range.

Good session all round.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: