blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:58:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530914 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: June 15, 2018, 04:54:55 PM »

Still training and been a bit on and off last few months.  Did a PD deadlift yesterday of 185kg one rep (reckon i could have done another one at a struggle) just wanted to post.  Will do a full update over weekend hopefully.

Got a video of the lift but no idea how to post it!

Big lift

Nearly went for 195kg after but didn't want to risk injury.  Then i thought i would just do an 'mini eddie' and jump straight to 200kg then i thought better of it.  Hopefully matt will post the video later or anyone else can pm me their number and i will whats app the video to them to post.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: June 18, 2018, 04:54:08 PM »

Still training and been a bit on and off last few months.  Did a PD deadlift yesterday of 185kg one rep (reckon i could have done another one at a struggle) just wanted to post.  Will do a full update over weekend hopefully.

Big lift

Nearly went for 195kg after but didn't want to risk injury.  Then i thought i would just do an 'mini eddie' and jump straight to 200kg then i thought better of it.  Hopefully matt will post the video later or anyone else can pm me their number and i will whats app the video to them to post.

10 to 15kg is a huge jump when you're close to your max especially after you've just done a new max so are going to be fatigued.

Think you did the correct thing backing out, save it for another day.

Could perhaps set up a little whatsapp group between us at some point. Don't want to risk losing the momentum here though which is bad enough anyway.

Are you still up for a meet up? Me and Harvey have nearly managed a few times but something always seems to get in the way. Sure we can do something at some point as long as don't invite that crazy bloke who does about 800 reps of everything.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: June 18, 2018, 07:47:00 PM »

I've been in full Vegas mode, even though I've been training Cheesy

Hit 205 the day before I left, so will be looking forward to seeing what the scales are saying in a month.

I'm still in for a meet, as long as it's at a weekend so I can plot up overnight in a hotel, as Notts is too far for a roundtrip after training Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: June 19, 2018, 03:48:04 AM »

Big lift

10 to 15kg is a huge jump when you're close to your max especially after you've just done a new max so are going to be fatigued.

Could perhaps set up a little whatsapp group between us at some point. Don't want to risk losing the momentum here though which is bad enough anyway.

Are you still up for a meet up? Me and Harvey have nearly managed a few times but something always seems to get in the way. Sure we can do something at some point as long as don't invite that crazy bloke who does about 800 reps of everything.....

Happy to meet up whenever suits.  Apart from tomorrow after a Nottingham piss up with some of the dtd kids for the england game!!!  I feel fucked and properly 43.  I need to wise up and get in the real world on a schoool night.  Maybe then i could do 200 hard held.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: June 19, 2018, 04:52:44 AM »

Big lift

Happy to meet up whenever suits.  Apart from tomorrow after a Nottingham piss up with some of the dtd kids for the england game!!!  I feel fucked and properly 43.  I need to wise up and get in the real world on a schoool night.  Maybe then i could do 200 hard held.

I feel about 73 if I go out drinking now, so can relate there Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: June 21, 2018, 07:24:57 PM »

Bit quiet last few weeks but going along well. Few lifts haven't been able to progress (bench today was 3x3 at 100 where it 'should' have been 5,5,4)

But general physique is leaning out well, 84.8 today but that was mid afternoon, so a morning weigh in needed.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: June 21, 2018, 11:09:30 PM »

Went to the gym here, which is located in the hotel Spa/Salon.

Look I got when I drove out of the elevator, and bowled up to the spa reception asking for the weights room Cheesy

Wasn't all that much in there, but enough machines to do a bit of a workout, and some dumbbells/benches. Unfortunately the benches were nowhere near the dumbbells, so I was limited in what I could do with those.

Gonna try get there at least 3 more times while I'm here, so I don't feel so bad about all the desserts and pizzas I'm eating at Pizza Rock!

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: June 22, 2018, 02:16:29 PM »

Look I got when I drove out of the elevator, and bowled up to the spa reception asking for the weights room Cheesy

Wasn't all that much in there, but enough machines to do a bit of a workout, and some dumbbells/benches. Unfortunately the benches were nowhere near the dumbbells, so I was limited in what I could do with those.

Gonna try get there at least 3 more times while I'm here, so I don't feel so bad about all the desserts and pizzas I'm eating at Pizza Rock!

Never feel bad about eating Pizza Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: June 22, 2018, 02:51:28 PM »

Never feel bad about eating Pizza Smiley

I don't normally, but I ate my weight in zeppoles, and gelato, too Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: June 22, 2018, 03:43:41 PM »

Bit quiet last few weeks but going along well. Few lifts haven't been able to progress (bench today was 3x3 at 100 where it 'should' have been 5,5,4)

But general physique is leaning out well, 84.8 today but that was mid afternoon, so a morning weigh in needed.

Pretty steady here too, had a few niggles in my lower back and hip so squats and deadlifts as well as any bent over movement have been really light.

Bench seems decent, went up to 115kg for triples and 125kg for singles last Saturday. Hoping to at least maintain and maybe push that a bit tomorrow. Bench accessory was 4 x 5 @ 100kg with a full pause maintaining tension at the bottom, they were really tough.

OHP was good on Tuesday with triples up to 75kg, didn't feel particularly strong sop pleasing to hit a reasonable number. I also did seated DB press yesterday for the first time in ages. Just went light 4 x 10 at 28kg to see how it felt and I'm pleased to say that it didn't aggravate my arm or shoulder at all. Could possibly sneak a few extra kg on next week.

Through various injuries and niggles but not wanting to have a day off I seem to have fallen in to push/pull routine without really noticing. Not the worst thing especially if I can get a few squats and deadlifts in on Friday. Bench is my focus so 4 sessions per week on either shoulders or chest seems cool as long as I don't overdo the volume on any given day.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: June 23, 2018, 08:15:46 PM »

Solid day on bench today. Even after my first couple of warm up sets I knew it was going to be good, felt absolutely brilliant.

Triples went up to 117.5kg and they moved fast. Singles up to 125kg again moved so much better than last week. Slingshot doubles at 125kg were probably a bit too light but the idea is for them to be quick so they really shouldn't feel heavy. I could've gone heavier on everything whereas last week I felt close to my limits so great progress.

Bands + 80kg for 6 x 4 are tough but feel great for a pump after the heavier work.

I'm managing to join my mate for arms now to finish off which is great. Previously I've always ended up injuring myself pushing it with arms but they seem to be holding up really well and as a result are getting stronger. We do 4 different bicep variations for 3 sets of 10 - 15 then the same thing for triceps.

After that lot we finish off with 6 x 25 reverse flyes which is a killer finisher and helps to counter the silly amount of pressing.

Loving my Saturday session and wouldn't change it for anything at the moment. The whole week is basically getting ready for that crazy Saturday session.

Fun day but it takes nearly 3 and a half hours Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: June 26, 2018, 08:51:10 AM »

Chest update.  Got the 40kg dumbells out yesterday for the first time in modern history this century and did 2 reps upspotted flat bench and same for 36kg incline.  Couple more with a spot were very tough.  Virtually given up on barbell benching as i am so shit at it.  Sticking to dumbbells for now and hoping to get close to the 50kg's by xmas.

Been training at David Lloyd in Nottingham last two weeks in a decent gym and had a spin on an old fashioned leg press the other day as well.  Loading up the plates on it.   I genuinely can't remember what i used to do on this 20 years ago but i banged out 4 reps quite easy with 350kg in plates on the machine.  No idea if that is strong or not tbh.  Going to try 400kg this week for a couple of reps.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: June 26, 2018, 12:29:51 PM »

Chest update.  Got the 40kg dumbells out yesterday for the first time in modern history this century and did 2 reps upspotted flat bench and same for 36kg incline.  Couple more with a spot were very tough.  Virtually given up on barbell benching as i am so shit at it.  Sticking to dumbbells for now and hoping to get close to the 50kg's by xmas.

Been training at David Lloyd in Nottingham last two weeks in a decent gym and had a spin on an old fashioned leg press the other day as well.  Loading up the plates on it.   I genuinely can't remember what i used to do on this 20 years ago but i banged out 4 reps quite easy with 350kg in plates on the machine.  No idea if that is strong or not tbh.  Going to try 400kg this week for a couple of reps.

Nooooo..... Don't give up on the bench, just get better at it.

Have to admit I'm similar with squats and deadlift, I occasionally have a decent spell but then I'll go crap again and just resign myself to always being shit.

Difficult to say with leg press as they're all different. Certainly sounds like a chunk of weight that's for sure.

We'll get that training session sorted one day and I'll teach you to bench properly if you can get me squatting 100kg Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: June 26, 2018, 12:35:35 PM »

Felt insanely weak on shoulders last night for some reason. I wasn't feeling bad, I was actually feeling really good but I just couldn't bloody lift anything.

Did 4 x 6 pull ups then OHP triples only just managed to get 67.5kg whereas I did 75kg last week.

I'm wondering if it's because I changed my pre training shake to something with fewer calories and more importantly fewer carbs by about 60g.

Will just put it down as a bad day and get back to the usual shake tonight.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: June 27, 2018, 11:26:54 AM »

I hate tempting fate but I feel suspiciously injury free at the moment.....

Slipped in a few DB incline press yesterday as a chest accessory, nothing crazy, just reasonably light high rep stuff for sets of 12 to 16.

It's nice being able to do DB incline and shoulder press as they're great movements. Hopefully everything holds together and I can stick to them as I really think they'll help boost my bench number.

Couple of weeks left of dieting then it's off to Kavos for a few days of mayhem. After that little break I'm having 4 weeks of eating everything I can lay my hands on up to a bench PR attempt on Saturday 11th August.

I'll have a weigh in and waist measurement before I go away, think it'll be quite good as I'm on hole 4 of my work belt and 6 of my training belt.

Was around 15st 4lb last time my waist was that small so I'm expecting something similar.

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: