blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:00:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Syria, Migrants and Online Comments
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Syria, Migrants and Online Comments  (Read 32631 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2015, 10:12:41 PM »

Reminds me of this:

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2015, 10:17:08 PM »

You are being utterly ridiculous royal flush!!
A private soldier protects this country that you live in for about 18k a year
A dustmen earns 25k a year
A soldier has to go to war see his mates maimed and killed
A dustmen might get a smelly bin if he's unlucky
A soldier has to deal with the things he sees and does for the rest of his life
A dustmen goes home and has a meal with his family

Of course he should be housed at yes the front of the que

So would a nurse go in front or behind the ex-solider?  What about an ex-heart surgeon?  What if the soldier was foreign, or if the nurse was a daughter of an immigrant?

Of course, none of this matters.  Those with the greatest need should be looked after first.  Simples.

The idea that those with an urgent need are taking away aid from others who have a serious, but less urgent need, is nonsense.  The way it's often portrayed as "A v B", or "A or B", is not only dangerous and divisive, it's also a lie.

I was making a point of how silly flushy was being when he made a list of importance

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2015, 10:36:33 PM »

So would a nurse go in front or behind the ex-solider?  What about an ex-heart surgeon?  What if the soldier was foreign, or if the nurse was a daughter of an immigrant?

Of course, none of this matters.  Those with the greatest need should be looked after first.  Simples.

The idea that those with an urgent need are taking away aid from others who have a serious, but less urgent need, is nonsense.  The way it's often portrayed as "A v B", or "A or B", is not only dangerous and divisive, it's also a lie.

I was making a point of how silly flushy was being when he made a list of importance

I was referring to the notion that ex-servicemen will be denied housing because of Syrian refugees.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2015, 10:48:22 PM »

Exactly my point, a list of importance is silly.

My personal view is we should first look after the people who have put their lives on the line to protect this country and the people within it
I am not saying it's one or the other !

Glad you have come around to see our viewpoint.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2015, 11:03:24 PM »

Confused by the confusion about 'help your own'.

RED-DOG you often highlight the persecution of Gypsies, as you have done in this thread. I'm guessing it's because ur a Gypsy. I'm also guessing leethefish was in the armed forces. You guys are free to highlight the plight of many different groups..yet choose to 'help your own'.

Simple human nature to express a preference for folk you consider brethren,

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2015, 11:07:19 PM »

Exactly my point, a list of importance is silly.

My personal view is we should first look after the people who have put their lives on the line to protect this country and the people within it
I am not saying it's one or the other !

Glad you have come around to see our viewpoint.

I've typed several replys and just deleted them I really don't think there is any point in this debate any longer

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2015, 11:24:11 PM »

Confused by the confusion about 'help your own'.

RED-DOG you often highlight the persecution of Gypsies, as you have done in this thread. I'm guessing it's because ur a Gypsy. I'm also guessing leethefish was in the armed forces. You guys are free to highlight the plight of many different groups..yet choose to 'help your own'.

Simple human nature to express a preference for folk you consider brethren,

I highlighted the persecution, i didn't say they should take precedence.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2015, 12:04:50 AM »

I wonder if with hindsight we now consider "The Arab Spring" which involved the overthrowing all or most of those dictators to be a good thing or not.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2015, 12:14:33 AM »

Are we any closer to an answer to Mondatoos question? Why British people first?

Also, for the people banging the armed forces drum....

The armed forces personnel were made to go and fight and protect British interests, were they?

Well certainly not in the sense that they were made to leave their homes, abandon all they know and seek new pastures they weren't.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2015, 12:33:24 AM »

I'm passed even being arsed about answering this question because I know your itching to tell us why those of us who think that are wrong with the usual finger wagging that comes with it, but if you want to anyway knock yourself out mate.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2015, 12:47:05 AM »

I'm passed even being arsed about answering this question because I know your itching to tell us why those of us who think that are wrong with the usual finger wagging that comes with it, but if you want to anyway knock yourself out mate.

The finger wagging can be done without knowing the reason behind the nationalist views.

I can't see why revealing the reasoning behind those views would open you up to any more criticism, plus its not like you to be shy 

Genuinely interested btw if that didn't come across

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2015, 12:51:09 AM »

The finger wagging can be done without knowing the reason behind the nationalist views.

I can't see why revealing the reasoning behind those views would open you up to any more criticism, plus its not like you to be shy 

Genuinely interested btw if that didn't come across

a- because I'm on holiday and I have better things to do
b-because the finger wagging happens whatever my answer is, it's just the magnitude of finger wagging that varies lol
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2015, 01:29:59 AM »

Because as a country we have a finite power to do good and it makes sense this should be spent on those closest to home.

This isn't my view btw just an argument I'm curious to see countered.

I think your remarks about the armed forces are rather disparaging Mulhuzz. I met someone from the army recently, we were both half cut and I asked him a very personal question of "Why did you join the armed forces, I thought about it when I was younger and I couldn't fight for something I don't always believe in." He told me he has seen the good they have done in places like Afghanistan where people have faced horrible oppression. He could see a difference in the civilians around him. They signed up to do a job and I don't think you should blame individuals for something politicians have made them do. The Forces do make a difference in these places and whilst the impact of it may come with problems and may even be incorrect or something you disagree with, do not blame the individual.

It does surprise me how people who are so pro refugee can be seemingly so against helping homeless people in Britain. Does it not worry you that there is a unusually high proportion of homeless people that are ex servicemen? I'm as pro refugee as it comes but the arguments have come too far the other way in the topic. I hope my views come across as well as Nirvanas post, I tried to say a very similar thing.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2015, 01:43:19 AM »

I've had this discussion in the past with you and you never answered it previously, and we've always got along fine on here so I don't think you would've felt I was doing that, would be very surprised if you did.

Same with Lee, always got on fine with him here so wouldn't expect him to think I was baiting.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2015, 01:49:12 AM »

I've had this discussion in the past with you and you never answered it previously, and we've always got along fine on here so I don't think you would've felt I was doing that, would be very surprised if you did.

Same with Lee, always got on fine with him here so wouldn't expect him to think I was baiting.

No nothing to do with you mate didn't think you were baiting or anything, missed it when you first posted it as I've only really been skimming the topic that's all.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: