blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 399940 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: April 23, 2018, 08:53:33 PM »

So Leroy Sane won PFA Young Player of the Year, but to my mind, he wasn't even the best City player on the shortlist. Raheem Sterling has outperformed Sane in almost all attacking metrics/measures this season and from what I've seen of City this season (lots on TV, none live) he's had a better season (I'm talking strictly Premier League games btw).

I realise that this award is voted for by the players and Sterling probably wouldn't win many popularity votes and misses the occasional sitter, but, in terms of who's had the better season out of Sterling or Sane, what say you City fans?

Similar to KDB/Salah, I think either of them would've been worthy winners. Stats might suggest that Sterling shaded it, but Sane gets bums off seats and is a joy to watch when he's in full flight.

They get on very well off the field, so I'm not expecting any Dyer/Bowyer type fisticuffs antics next season Smiley

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: May 02, 2018, 10:25:02 AM »

Just renewed my 'value gold' season ticket this morning. Into the seat lottery I go Smiley

I've been pretty lucky at allocated seats in the last couple of years, a couple of times bagging seats worth £700+ for just £299, so fingers crossed for a similar outcome.

Whatever happens, it's incredible value to watch this City team.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: May 16, 2018, 06:55:00 PM »

I celebrated the last-minute goal at the weekend like a complete madman. The perfect ending to an extraordinary league season. The countless PL records and all-time time records are one thing but the big one was 100 points and a record that surely will stand the test of time.

A brilliant bookend for Amazon Prime as well. I’m sure they can’t believe their luck after paying City  £10 million to film the behind the scenes documentary of the season. The 8 x 1 hour “All or nothing” series will be aired soon apparently. Looking forward to that.

Congrats to Pep as well on his manager of the year gong. He is irrefutably a genius.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: May 16, 2018, 10:44:02 PM »

Incredible end to an amazing season. Very lucky to have witnessed almost all of it, and next season can't come round soon enough. Amazon Prime running well to have selected this year to film behind the scenes!
The squad looks very happy, balanced....no doubt one or 2 will go and one or 2 will come in though.

Defensively we've looked so good. Ederson is an incredible keeper and a real rock between the sticks. That range of passing.....
I really like what I've seen of Laporte so far. Has a stunning left peg for inch perfect 70 yard passes.
Otamendi has been the best defender in the league and has come on massively this season. To think some people still think he's a weak link Smiley
Taken a while but we're finally at the stage where it doesn't matter too much whether Kompany is fit or not. Obv hope he can stay injury free going forward but it's not a disaster anymore should he be sidelined for any amount of time.
Talk of Danilo moving on but hope it's not true. Whilst he's no Walker or Mendy, not many players are adequately talented enough to cover either side of the defence. Chips in with the odd goal too.
To think we almost sold Delph to Stoke in the summer. Fair play to him for turning it down and ultimately working his way into the first XI (albeit due to Mendy's injury) Well worth his England call up.

Midfield is just stacked with talent.
D.Silva is like a fine wine. Glides around the pitch like he's 21. Nigh on impossible to dispossess. Found his shooting boots this season too.
Bernardo Silva is the heir to his thrown. Very very impressed with him as the season progressed. Ball sticks to him like glue. Good eye for goal too. Incredible player and only 23.
Sterling and Sane have both improved.
KDB is KDB. Lest we forget the Daily Mirror labelled him the ''£50m reject'' Smiley
Gundogan is a classy act despite him being made a scapegoat by some fans. Rarely wastes the ball, and can pop up in good areas to cause havoc. Talk of him leaving but seeing as he was Pep's first signing I can't see it happening.
Yaya is moving on and Fernandinho isn't getting any younger (another fine wine though) so expect a reinforcement for centre mid. Jorginho at Napoli is heavily linked.

The fact we scored 106 goals despite only having 2 senior forwards on the books is some feat, and both of those forwards have spent time out injured. Rumours continue to loiter about Aguero but I don't think he's going anywhere, at least for the time being. Club are looking to nail Jesus down to a new contract so hopefully that is sorted after the WC. I think Pep will mostly continue with 1 up front so I'm not sure we'll be in the market for another attacker. Least we dodged the Sanchez bullet Wink

And finally the man himself. A fraud. A bald fraud. Fraudiola. Idiots only point to the chequebook. Henry, Kompany, Iniesta et al wax lyrical about him, but Tom from Stevenage isn't convinced until Pep guides West Ham to the title. The stats speak for themselves; this man has overseen the most dominant team to ever grace a single Premier League season. We at City are incredibly fortunate to have him at the helm and I really hope we have him for at least a couple more years. A great man and an even better manager, if he hadn't had swept the boards for individual honours it would've made a mockery of all the records he's smashed.

Roll on 18/19.

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: May 16, 2018, 11:19:51 PM »

I wanted Dyche to get the MOTY, just to see your post in the aftermath Grin

Watched a fair bit of footy this season, and superb viewing it has been.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: May 17, 2018, 12:13:15 AM »

Some people just want to watch the world burn Smiley

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: May 17, 2018, 09:28:31 AM »

We paid you the greatest compliment when we dubbed your team The Arsenal of The North.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: May 17, 2018, 02:42:48 PM »

Some people just want to watch the world burn Smiley

Cheesy

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: May 17, 2018, 06:57:54 PM »

Another 3 years for the master.

Long live Pep.

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: May 17, 2018, 08:49:20 PM »

Another 3 years for the master.

Long live Pep.

All hail The Wenger of The North.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: May 18, 2018, 09:16:47 AM »

Sports stories you don't expect to see.....(from BBC Sport today);

Liverpool want Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, 40, who has left Juventus after 17 years, but may face competition from Premier League champions Manchester City

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: May 29, 2018, 12:23:17 PM »

So Raheem thinks it's a fitting tribute to his murdered father to have an assault rifle tattooed onto his leg....

Surely there are a million better ways to ink a tribute to your deceased father? And there's nobody in his inner circle that could point out the blindingly obvious insensitivity of his plan? It's also something of a surprise that Pep and/or the Club don't have some sort of input before a star player shows off his latest tatt to the media. Or am I just being too sensible?
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: May 29, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »

So Raheem thinks it's a fitting tribute to his murdered father to have an assault rifle tattooed onto his leg....

Surely there are a million better ways to ink a tribute to your deceased father? And there's nobody in his inner circle that could point out the blindingly obvious insensitivity of his plan? It's also something of a surprise that Pep and/or the Club don't have some sort of input before a star player shows off his latest tatt to the media. Or am I just being too sensible?

If no one pulled Sane aside for this shocker I think City players have got free reign in the tattoo department.

Click to see full-size image.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1948 on: May 29, 2018, 03:12:33 PM »

and his next artwork is going to be faces of all the girls he has battered.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: May 29, 2018, 08:34:39 PM »

He shoots with his right foot.

Incred this has made front page news. That shitrag the Sun seem very happy to run with ridiculous stories about Raheem. Nothing to do with him being black and from Jamaica though. Nope.

https://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-special-raheem-sterling-the-sun-and-racist-attacks
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 08:37:24 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: