blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:43:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Euro 2016 thread
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016 thread  (Read 81957 times)
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 28, 2016, 01:03:54 AM »

Phenomenal performance from Conte and the boys. Just imagine if Marchisio and Verrati had been fit.

Bring on ze Germans
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 28, 2016, 01:08:58 AM »

My take on England/Roy -

If you're going to play Sturridge play him through the middle or dont play him

Rooney is never ever an international centre midfielder

If you're going to play 433 take more than 1 out of form winger

Square pegs round holes galore

The lack of intensity in the play was astonishing, it's just the euros lads

The team has no identity

Joe Hart sings the anthem the loudest - but absolutely turd throughout.

Funniest bit of Roy's press conference 'I'm proud of the last 4 years' Really?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:11:34 AM by maldini32 » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 28, 2016, 01:27:09 AM »

Sturridge was awful tonight, typified one of his moody Liverpool performances, doesn't look to pass, doesn't chase balls down, sloppy when he was passing.

Hart at fault for both goals, just stood there watching for the first, sboulda been coming out for it. The 2nd was obv awful keeping too.

Woy banged on about not taking unfit/untested players then took several. Left all the form boys at home.

Players like Drinkwater & Lennon should have gone. I would have taken Carroll too. He was in form and also offers something different, especially when teams defend deep and you insist on floating balls high into the oppo box.

Sturridge was out of position.

He's the best striker in England and was played on the wing.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #573 on: June 28, 2016, 01:36:55 AM »

no idea who the next manager should be

no idea what the starting XI will be for the first WC qualifier will be

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 28, 2016, 01:37:50 AM »

We lost yet again because of Joe Hart.  Simples.  Do people watch the same games as me?  I have spent all night listening to rubbish.  Joe Hart is shit.  We went 1-0 up.  We shouldn't need to score again.  Joe Hart is shit.  Easily the worse England player to get 50+ caps in history.

Any comments from the Man City fan boys or are they just going to ignore the comments?  You all piped up after the first game defending him.  I assume you don't class him as your keeper any more now he should/will ever play for Man City/England ever again right?

Can't defend him for the 2nd goal which was simply awful.

I can defend him for his performances for City over the last 6 seasons where overall his performances have been superb including last season when he was 1 of only a handful who had a great season.

I watched Calamity James close up at City. James  is a 50+ caps keeper and not a patch on Joe Hart. If Guardiola gets rid of Hart it doesn't alter my opinion of  Hart > James.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 28, 2016, 01:39:48 AM »

Will Rooney ever play for England again?  
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 28, 2016, 01:40:52 AM »

We lost yet again because of Joe Hart.  Simples.  Do people watch the same games as me?  I have spent all night listening to rubbish.  Joe Hart is shit.  We went 1-0 up.  We shouldn't need to score again.  Joe Hart is shit.  Easily the worse England player to get 50+ caps in history.

Any comments from the Man City fan boys or are they just going to ignore the comments?  You all piped up after the first game defending him.  I assume you don't class him as your keeper any more now he should/will ever play for Man City/England ever again right?

I can defend him for his performances for City over the last 6 seasons where overall his performances have been superb including last season when he was 1 of only a handful who had a great season.

I watched Calamity James close up at City. James  is a 50+ caps keeper and not a patch on Joe Hart. If Guardiola gets rid of Hart it doesn't alter my opinion of  Hart > James.

Was the 2nd goal tonight any better/worse than any of his other comical fuck ups throughout this event?   You are very deluded if you think Hart is any better than James.  Don't forget the back 4 and defensive midfielders Hart has played in front of for the oil boys for years.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:46:46 AM by arbboy » Logged
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #577 on: June 28, 2016, 01:48:19 AM »

yes at least 10 more caps

but shouldnt

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 28, 2016, 01:51:07 AM »

Was the 2nd goal tonight any better/worse than any of his other comical fuck ups throughout this event?   You are very deluded if you think Hart is any better than James. 

I like you Arb but it can be difficult to debate with you sometimes Wink

With Archer, he's obviously had a poor tournament and at fault for at least a couple of sloppy goals conceded. He entered Euro 16 as the number 1 and rightly so based on his mostly excellent City performances, if a new manager takes a look at the goalkeeper spot and considers changes then that's his prerogative, ditto for Pep when he takes over.

We're not deluded, we watch him week in week out playing for City, and he's been fantastic for us. A bad showing in a tournament where pretty much all of the team/squad were at best ok and at worst woeful isn't gonna change our opinion of him. I hope he starts the season at City between the sticks and am grateful we have a keeper of his calibre on our books.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 28, 2016, 01:58:21 AM »

Was the 2nd goal tonight any better/worse than any of his other comical fuck ups throughout this event?   You are very deluded if you think Hart is any better than James. 

With Archer, he's obviously had a poor tournament and at fault for at least a couple of sloppy goals conceded. He entered Euro 16 as the number 1 and rightly so based on his mostly excellent City performances, if a new manager takes a look at the goalkeeper spot and considers changes then that's his prerogative, ditto for Pep when he takes over.

We're not deluded, we watch him week in week out playing for City, and he's been fantastic for us. A bad showing in a tournament where pretty much all of the team/squad were at best ok and at worst woeful isn't gonna change our opinion of him. I hope he starts the season at City between the sticks and am grateful we have a keeper of his calibre on our books.

Perfectly expressed sir.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: June 28, 2016, 02:04:27 AM »

but shouldnt

Wayne Rooney insists he has no plans to retire from international football and intends to remain as England's captain heading into the 2018 World Cup qualification campaign.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2016, 02:17:56 AM »

but shouldnt

Wayne Rooney insists he has no plans to retire from international football and intends to remain as England's captain heading into the 2018 World Cup qualification campaign.

No problem with that, he had a shit second half but I thought he played really well in the first 3 games.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 28, 2016, 02:18:41 AM »

Much harder to debate with fan boys who can't see the wood for the trees when it is staring any non MC fan straight in the face. Grin  His numerous errors are the sole reason we are out of the event.  We did more than enough to advance to the last 8 without the numerous errors Hart made across the 4 games even though we have played poorly against 4 sides well below us world ranking wise.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:21:52 AM by arbboy » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 28, 2016, 02:28:09 AM »

Sorry, what? You watch him week in, week out? The Premier League is the most watched league in the world, so I think you'll find that most of us watch him week in, week out.

I have found that the 15/16 season at City, he made less clear mistakes as the previous season. But he let in quite a few soft ones. The season before that, wasn't that the season where we struggled and had a genuine battle to be number 1, for part of the season?

He is a good goalkeeper, but it is a clear weak spot for City & shouldn't be a weak spot for a top 10 ranked team like England, but of course, he's cost us our place in France. He was potentially at fault for the Russia goal, he was at fault for Bale FK, had a couple of other horrors and tonight was horrid. Yeah, he hasn't had much to do, but when he has, he's made a total mess.

I think if Man City could get a better goalkeeper, they would. There's nothing between Butland & Hart, but 100000% more potential in Butland to go forward. Hart will always be a good goalkeeper, never world class.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 28, 2016, 04:52:16 AM »

I have worried for years that Hart would get more caps than Shilts, but surely had his day now. It's not the first time I have felt he is responsible for our exit from a Tourney, and I just don't get the love for him.

Felt for Sturridge, totally OOP.

Said already about Rooney. fine against poor teams, but don't see how he can continue if you then don't play him when the going gets tough when/if we qualify for WC. New Captain? If so, then would pride mean he does a messi(Lionel!).

Felt like Wilshire was almost hiding when he came on. Never got stuck in like he does normally. Kane very poor.

As stated, never understood why we left form players behind.

Have always thought the England job is a very easy one to ' get right' just read the papers each day and broadly follow what the masses want. Then if it does go wrong, no one can really have a go as the nation is pretty much in agreement. Pick up you £4 milly and go home.

Time after time, Woy made errors that even non footballing experts could see were going to fail, like bringing back Sterling today. Ok he got a pen, but generally he did he usual, ran directly at/into defenders and held onto the ball well past its passing date.

Listen to what's in the press, if you can't make up your mind but ffs have some sort of plan and stick to it for more than one game.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: