blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664665 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: August 10, 2018, 10:37:41 PM »

The Donald, ladies & gentlemen Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: August 13, 2018, 01:31:52 AM »

Click to see full-size image.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: August 13, 2018, 01:56:31 AM »

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: August 18, 2018, 02:30:22 AM »

Ben Jealous is the Democrat candidate for Governor of Maryland.

He was doing so well. Just five seconds more and everything would have been fine.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: August 18, 2018, 08:40:50 AM »

Haha.love the faces of the people behind him

sola virtus nobilitat
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: August 19, 2018, 01:16:00 AM »

One for the 'Only in America' file.

Joe Ganim spent seven years in prison for shaking down contractors for years while Mayor of Bridgeport, Connecticut's biggest city. What happened when he came out? They made him Mayor again. Now he is standing for Governor of Connecticut.

1991-2003 - Mayor of Bridgeport, elected five times.

2003 - Convicted on 16 federal counts - racketeering, extortion, racketeering conspiracy, bribery, two counts of bribery conspiracy, eight counts of mail fraud, two counts of filing a false tax return.  Sentenced to nine years in prison and fined $475k in fines and restitution. The judge said he had lied to the jury. Resigned from office and lost his licence to practice law.

2010 - Released from jail on licence. He boasted in a radio interview that he had gamed the system by participating in a drug-treatment programme, which gave him a year's reduction, despite not being a drug-user.

2010-2015 - Worked at his family's law firm Ganim, Ganim & Ganim and started a consulting firm giving advice to white-collar convicts on how to survive prison.

2015 - Made a public apology and stood again for Mayor of Bridgeport. Somehow he got the support of not just the police union, but one of the FBI agents who had convicted him. He deposed the incumbent and was elected Mayor for a sixth time in a landslide. Gave the ex-FBI guy a job as a senior advisor.

2018 - Candidate for Governor of Connecticut. Ran into another slight legal problem on Day 1 of the campaign on the way home from filing his campaign papers.

2024 - President of America?
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: August 19, 2018, 02:16:52 AM »

Meet the Democratic Party's candidate for Governor of Vermont, Christine Hallquist.

Christine has resigned from her position at Vermont Electric Cooperative, where she was CEO for the last twelve years, to concentrate on the election.

One other thing - until December 2015, Christine was known as David Hallquist.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: August 20, 2018, 11:28:37 PM »

Go on, Dave Smiley

Twitter is comedy Grin

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: August 21, 2018, 09:31:00 AM »

Love this thread to bits, & those last 2 posts by the Mint Trav are why.

Great work.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: August 22, 2018, 10:56:36 AM »

Michael Cohen in a courtroom in SDNY, under oath, declared that the President directed him to commit a federal crime.

presumably Donald now subpoena'd?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2800 on: August 22, 2018, 11:04:05 AM »

Can't he just pardon himself?

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: August 22, 2018, 11:33:50 AM »

Cohen lawyer Lanny Davis suggests his client has knowledge implicating Trump in "criminal conspiracy" to hack Democratic emails

https://www.washingtonpost.com/cohen-lawyer-lanny-davis-suggests-his-client-has-knowledge-implicating-trump-in-criminal-conspiracy-to-hack-democratic-emails

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: August 22, 2018, 12:27:05 PM »

MT and Tighty are the politics MVPs!

Thread continues to deliver.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: August 22, 2018, 09:08:17 PM »

Thanks.

We are approaching the most critical mid-terms ever. They can often take away a President's ability to get legislation through, but this time they may well decide whether the President survives his term. Despite his excesses, there was never going to be a serious move against Trump until these elections were done. With Republicans in the majority, tackling Trump would need their support, and there is too much of a risk of alienating their electorate.

Once the elections are over, the risks for Trump suddenly become huge. Each scandal is making Democrat majorities more likely, which is why Giuliani is constantly calling for Mueller to wrap up soon. He wants the fallout to be dealt with by a Republican-majority House. If the investigation carries on til after the start of November, as seems likely, Democrats could be calling the shots and the game might be up.

The coast won't be clear even if the Republicans hold on, though. Republicans who have looked the other way are likely to find their principles and their voices. We have already heard the first murmurings from them today that the investigation 'should be allowed to run its course', which is code for ultimately withdrawing support from the President if it is damning. Nixon held on until Republicans deserted him, and then he had to go - the same probably applies to Donald.

Having said all that, though, neither party's leadership wants impeachment. No matter who wins the mid-terms, unless Mueller comes up with something more dramatic, the President will probably see out his term.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: August 22, 2018, 09:15:15 PM »

If you want to help Michael Cohen to tell the truth, you can contribute to his gofundme truth fund:

https://www.gofundme.com/hqjupj-michael-cohen-truth-fund
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: