blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:59:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Gigs/festivals 2017
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gigs/festivals 2017  (Read 41165 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2016, 07:43:47 PM »

Thanks tall person.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2016, 05:30:26 PM »

The Maccabees have called it a day, and are due to announce a few farewell shows. Never really got into them much despite liking some of their stuff. My flatmate is a big fan so no doubt he'll guilt trip my arse into going if they play somewhere local ish. Coral and Super Furry Animals both heading out on tour but have seen both fairly recently so probably a swerve.

Recent gigs all excellent. Very impressed by The Bluetones. Shed Seven as great as always and were much better than OCS in Leeds (I might be a tad biased Wink ). Ash brilliant despite a few sound problems, forget how good their back catalogue is. Excited to see them perform 1977 in full later this year.

August is a slow month but things pick up in late September for me, a flurry of gigs to see the year out, got at least 8 (Yorfest, The Enemy, Fratellis, Ash, White Lies, Cast, Feeder, Shed Seven) from 24th September through to December.

Enjoy whatever shows you people go to see Smiley

Best Bitter.
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2016, 05:45:26 PM »

The Maccabees have called it a day, and are due to announce a few farewell shows. Never really got into them much despite liking some of their stuff. My flatmate is a big fan so no doubt he'll guilt trip my arse into going if they play somewhere local ish. Coral and Super Furry Animals both heading out on tour but have seen both fairly recently so probably a swerve.

Recent gigs all excellent. Very impressed by The Bluetones. Shed Seven as great as always and were much better than OCS in Leeds (I might be a tad biased Wink ). Ash brilliant despite a few sound problems, forget how good their back catalogue is. Excited to see them perform 1977 in full later this year.

August is a slow month but things pick up in late September for me, a flurry of gigs to see the year out, got at least 8 (Yorfest, The Enemy, Fratellis, Ash, White Lies, Cast, Feeder, Shed Seven) from 24th September through to December.

Wow - had not seen anywhere The Maccabees has called it a day, pretty gutted. Been a big fan of them for about 10 years having seen them countless times, they always put on a good show.

Will be definitely try and get tickets for their farewell gig.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2016, 07:43:41 PM »

Wow - had not seen anywhere The Maccabees has called it a day, pretty gutted. Been a big fan of them for about 10 years having seen them countless times, they always put on a good show.

Yeah announced on their FB page earlier today, bit out of the blue! Will keep my eyes peeled for farewell dates as well.

I said in an earlier post but I do worry for some of these guitar bands that broke through in the mid '00s; The Enemy are going as are the Maccabees now, how long before others like Maximo Park, Editors, The Rifles, The View, Pigeon Detectives etc call it a day? They are all 4/5 albums in now and the music industry is a hell of a lot different now compared to 2004/5/6.

Best Bitter.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2016, 01:00:27 AM »

Yeah announced on their FB page earlier today, bit out of the blue! Will keep my eyes peeled for farewell dates as well.

I said in an earlier post but I do worry for some of these guitar bands that broke through in the mid '00s; The Enemy are going as are the Maccabees now, how long before others like Maximo Park, Editors, The Rifles, The View, Pigeon Detectives etc call it a day? They are all 4/5 albums in now and the music industry is a hell of a lot different now compared to 2004/5/6.

Surely it was always this way? The Easybeats, Herman's Hermits, Gerry & the Pacemakers, Amen Corner, Love Affair, Cream, Jethro Tull, Mott the Hoople, The Police, The Stone Roses (yes I know they came back, but the point is still valid), Oasis, The Smiths. Why should your list be immune to the issues that cause bands to burn and die, or just simply fade away.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2016, 12:19:32 AM »

I've never seen them or heard their stuff before but knew of them due to support slots with Kooks and The View amongst others. Due to tour in October as well. Very sad indeed and 22 is no age.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lapelles-singer-dies-after-plunging-8630297

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2016, 04:00:24 PM »

Being billed as 'one night only'....James and The Charlatans playing at the Echo arena in Liverpool in December. 2 great bands, but at 50 quid a ticket its not a cheap night. Probably would've gone if it was my side of the country but Liverpool isn't convenient enough to make the journey. Great for anyone based in the north west area though (if you like that kinda music)

Kaiser Chiefs heading out on an arena tour early next year. Don't think I like them enough to cough up Smiley

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2016, 07:46:38 PM »

Coming out of festival season and into touring season, plenty of acts going on the road. RHCP, Courteeners, Biffy Clyro, Bastille, Pigeon Detectives....

Anyone stump up the £77 asking price for standing tickets to see the Chili's? As good as they are (though personally I've gone off them in recent years), that's a hell of a sum to have to cough up for a gig, and that's before any postage fees.

I'll stick to paying £15 to see Pigeon Detectives in Leeds Smiley

Best Bitter.
Dacorb

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2016, 10:20:28 PM »

Saw Noel Gallacher the other night , thought he was excellent. Missed Gaz Coombes though who was 1 of the support acts, his solo stuff has had some good reviews apparently, so a bit gutted there.

Would like to see a lot more bands than I do but theres rarely much on where I live.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2016, 02:05:58 PM »

Can't believe they have closed Fabric.  Its not 1999.  I am sure every user that was going to go there and "partake" will now refrain from consuming their drug of choice.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2016, 06:04:05 PM »

Can't believe they have closed Fabric.  Its not 1999.  I am sure every user that was going to go there and "partake" will now refrain from consuming their drug of choice.

Yeah, its about as popular a decision as Sainsburys changing their lunchtime meal deal offering. Can't help but feel this story has more legs yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Another band bites the dust; Augustines. Don't really know their stuff but they played in York a few months ago so know of them. Financial decision apparently, and follows closely in the footsteps of The Maccabees calling it a day (they said in a recent interview that they couldn't afford to live in London despite having a No1 album, though don't think their split was money related)

http://www.nme.com/news/we-are-augustines/96214

Begs the question, just how much money is in music in this day and age? Obviously millions if you're Adele/Coldplay/Muse/Calvin Harris etc but how much filters down to the less commercially successful bands and artists? It seems record and tour sales simply aren't enough anymore and requires more branching out into other aspects of the industry like writing for other acts and producing. James from The Coral was behind Blossoms debut No1 album and I bet that has made him more cash than anything his band have done recently!

Best Bitter.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2016, 04:37:22 PM »

Carl Cox's last 10 tunes at Space after a 9 hour set.  A couple of real bangers in there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37417532/these-are-the-last-10-tracks-carl-cox-played-at-space-in-ibiza

Hated and loved Space in equal measure.  Loved the venue, the daytime vibe, and it was a bit faster when I used to attend, but was always a little too glam for me. It really is the end of an era.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »

The Enemy's final gig was last night in Coventry Sad they were great in Leeds 2 weeks ago, played the debut album in full which went down a treat.

Saw Pigeon Detectives on Thursday, Feeder tonight, then a slight lull until Shed Seven in Leicester next month (though I am in Thailand for the last 2 weeks of this month Smiley )

Anyone snag a Glasto ticket?

Best Bitter.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2016, 03:08:05 PM »

Yep managed to get tickets for Glastonbury.
Added to Green Day, Maiden, Stone Roses and Bros (don't ask) shaping up for a fun packed summer in 17.
Now where are those Guns and Roses dates?

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2016, 06:11:12 PM »

Yep in for glastonbury again

One of these years it'll be Daft Punk, fingers crossed!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: