blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:31:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Gigs/festivals 2017
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gigs/festivals 2017  (Read 40748 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2017, 11:30:31 AM »

http://www.uttoxeter-racecourse.co.uk/whats-on/fixture/20-may-2017/

Nice bonus to my annual members racing badge this year.  Not a big gig person at all but like the KC's.  Anyone seen them before?  Anyone in the Midlands wanting to go should book asap as this will def sell out.  Monster upgrade to the Human League from last year.

I seem to remember a couple of years ago The Camel went down to either Kempton or Sandown for a nice bit of summer evening racing only to find it was sold out as the Kaiser Chiefs were playing.

Fuming he was.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »

The mighty ANTHRAX at Rock City, Nottingham tonight

1987's Among The Living album in full, followed by a variety of old and new material.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2017, 01:48:15 PM »

Sleeper (Remember them?) are back, albeit briefly, at a 4 stop Britpop mini festival tour thing held by Star Shaped club this summer.

Sale of the century is one of my favourite songs. Lead singer Louise has aged well too!

Best Bitter.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2017, 08:05:31 AM »

Got a ticket for Truck festival in July. An early 2000s Indie lineup with The Libertines, Franz Ferdinand, The Vaccines, The Wombats, Maximo Park plus some decent newer bands - Slaves, Nothing But Thieves, Cabbage, Palace. Should be decent.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2017, 08:52:51 PM »

Got a ticket for Truck festival in July. An early 2000s Indie lineup with The Libertines, Franz Ferdinand, The Vaccines, The Wombats, Maximo Park plus some decent newer bands - Slaves, Nothing But Thieves, Cabbage, Palace. Should be decent.

Yeah saw that on Facebook, down in Oxford or somewhere is it? Bit too far for me but a great line up for my tastes. Must admit it's not a festival I'd heard of, yet this is their 20th anniversary year, head in the sand if its south of Bingley and all that.

Enjoy! Maximo Park are class live.

Best Bitter.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2017, 09:15:55 PM »

Got my ticket this morning to see Arcade Fire again in Manchester.

The last one (with Pixies supporting in Dublin) was one of the best live sets I've ever witnessed.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2017, 07:38:42 AM »

Yeah saw that on Facebook, down in Oxford or somewhere is it? Bit too far for me but a great line up for my tastes. Must admit it's not a festival I'd heard of, yet this is their 20th anniversary year, head in the sand if its south of Bingley and all that.

Enjoy! Maximo Park are class live.

Yeh, its in Oxford. 6 of us heading up from Brighton. We'd never heard of it before either but it looks excellent and has had some decent lineups through the years. I'm a fan of pretty much all of those bands so hopefully we'll get some fair whether and have a cracking weekend.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2017, 10:19:27 AM »

This Friday, O2 Birmingham, The best cover band in the world;
Me First And The Gimme Gimmes.
Guaranteed more hits than any other band.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2017, 11:52:58 AM »

Bit of a scramble this morning but just secured tickets for Shed Seven's winter tour supported by Cast. Wanted 2 standing for Hull, ticketweb weren't selling any, and gigsandtours and seetickets would only let me buy one at a time, not ideal but no bother....only when I came to pay on seetickets my basket was empty, went to do the process again and now they'd sold out of standing tickets.

So had to kick on on G&T website, just about made 2 separate purchases before they also disappeared off there. Sadly this also meant paying 2 sets of postage, and the only option was recorded delivery at £6.50 a pop, marv. Expensive morning Smiley

Now just gotta wait 10 months for the gig.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2017, 10:36:56 AM »

Foo Fighters confirmed as Glastonbury 2017 headliners

The rock group make their comeback on Saturday night at the event, two years after they were forced to cancel their headline slot when Dave Grohl broke his leg

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/feb/24/foo-fighters-confirmed-glastonbury-festival-headliners-pyramid-stage-worthy-farm?CMP=twt_gu

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2017, 12:12:08 PM »

Bingley festival have finally announced an act (no need to plural yet), with the Manics headlining the Friday night. Otherwise they are keeping their cards close to their chest. £60 for a weekend though so myself and a couple friends debating just to take the plunge on the strength of MSP as previous line ups have been solid to excellent (2015 was a particular highlight with James, Cast, Ash, Idlewild, Embrace, SFA)

The line up for V has taken a hammering but I guess they are probably heading in a different direction. Leeds/Reading doesn't inspire me either. Thinking the 'lesser' festivals like Kendal Calling, Y Not, Victorious, Bingley are really closing the gap on the big boys these days, plus some excellent value festivals on the continent make flying to Europe a feasible alternative to camping in a field in Yorkshire.

Roddy Womble of Idlewild fame is playing in York a week on Sunday, which is conveniently just after I return from holiday so will try and blag a ticket on the door.

Best Bitter.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2017, 02:06:04 PM »

Just seen Kasabian at the sydney opera house. It's safe to say they've not lost their touch. Unbelievable acoustics inside, which definitely made up for being in an all seated venue. I'm pretty sure my trip home back to the UK will be coinciding with Leeds festival as well so potentially a good chance to see them again!

Definitely agree about some of the smaller uk festivals, 100% catching up to some of the largest festivals around in the country in terms of artists playing. When you consider tickets for something like Y Not is half the price of reading/leeds it really makes you wonder...

Feed em rice.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2017, 10:38:10 AM »

Got me a ticket to see Metallica in Oct. Not seen them since '94 and i went off their stuff from the late 90's but the last album's a banger. Really looking forward to seeing them plus I'm meeting some RAF mates I've not seen for 18+ years at the gig. Should be a gd night.

Cymru am byth
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2017, 12:39:57 PM »

Got me a ticket to see Metallica in Oct. Not seen them since '94 and i went off their stuff from the late 90's but the last album's a banger. Really looking forward to seeing them plus I'm meeting some RAF mates I've not seen for 18+ years at the gig. Should be a gd night.

What was the damage for a ticket out of interest? 3 figures including booking fee?

Annoyingly Ash are only supporting Weezer in London, had it been for all UK dates then I'd have snapped up a ticket for Leeds this morning. I like Weezer but probably not enough to cough up, but Ash would've sweetened the deal considerably, nevermind.

I'm on a Britpop mini cruise to Amsterdam this weekend in celebration of my 22nd birthday* on Monday Smiley travelling over to Hull later in a van with Rick Witter amongst others haha (he has a set on board)

*might be fake news

Best Bitter.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2017, 02:33:48 PM »

I paid £80 each for two Metallica tickets.
Having seen them loads of times, I was going to skip it, but the lad hasn't seen them, so decided it was worth the money for him.
Iron Maiden and Metallica for him this year. Happy boy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: