blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:01:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Gigs/festivals 2017
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gigs/festivals 2017  (Read 40719 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »

Just going back a bit. I'm shocked that in 2017 a Shed Seven concert sold out 10 months before the date. I'm also very surprised that Cast are supporting as I always remembered them to be the bigger band. I guess Shed 7 are more popular than I thought! To be fair, I was never a fan, but they can write a good chorus for sure...

I guess the Britpop revival business is really kicking up a notch these days...
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2017, 10:14:13 PM »

Just going back a bit. I'm shocked that in 2017 a Shed Seven concert sold out 10 months before the date. I'm also very surprised that Cast are supporting as I always remembered them to be the bigger band. I guess Shed 7 are more popular than I thought! To be fair, I was never a fan, but they can write a good chorus for sure...

I guess the Britpop revival business is really kicking up a notch these days...

Now were talking Smiley

You need to pluralise concert Wink they have 13 sold out dates so far for the November/December tour, including the 5000 capacity O2 Brixton academy, plus other staple cities like Leeds, Manchester, Glasgow, Newcastle and Sheffield. This is their biggest tour in their 25 year career, despite no new material in 16 years (this is of course changing in the autumn with the release of the new album). Some of the dates went extremely quickly and if you weren't on the ball the tickets had gone within an hour. You could easy argue in 1996 that Cast were the bigger band, but fast forward to 2017 and Shed Seven are the bigger draw quite comfortably.

Having Cast supporting really is a fantastic sweetener though; you pay £24 to have a sing song for 3 hours whilst enjoying a few beers...basically being transported back to the mid 90s for an evening! Me and the missus are heading over to Ireland for the Dublin leg, then seeing them in Hull. Will be my 11th and 12th time seeing the full band, I need to get a life haha

Best Bitter.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2017, 08:56:50 AM »

Got me a ticket to see Metallica in Oct. Not seen them since '94 and i went off their stuff from the late 90's but the last album's a banger. Really looking forward to seeing them plus I'm meeting some RAF mates I've not seen for 18+ years at the gig. Should be a gd night.

What was the damage for a ticket out of interest? 3 figures including booking fee?

Annoyingly Ash are only supporting Weezer in London, had it been for all UK dates then I'd have snapped up a ticket for Leeds this morning. I like Weezer but probably not enough to cough up, but Ash would've sweetened the deal considerably, nevermind.

I'm on a Britpop mini cruise to Amsterdam this weekend in celebration of my 22nd birthday* on Monday Smiley travelling over to Hull later in a van with Rick Witter amongst others haha (he has a set on board)

*might be fake news

I'm off to Weezer and Ash in October. Weezer one of the few bands from that era that I loved but never saw. Looking forward to it!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2017, 03:21:55 PM »

AdamM as a fan really interested in your opinions of last night?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 28, 2017, 04:22:22 PM »

Absolutely blown away by London Grammar at glasto, never realised just how incred that girls voice is! Spine tingling stuff.

Barry Gibb was brilliant. Radiohead and Foos too as expected.

Honourable mention to Temples who had a bit of a scheduling stinker clashing with Liam Gallagher, Katy Perry and Wilkinson. Deserved a bigger crowd imo but still put in a great performance

Royal Blood were the only disappointment of the weekend. Never really got the crowd going at all but all in all a great weekend. Finally managed a welly-free festival!

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: June 28, 2017, 05:24:43 PM »

Absolutely blown away by London Grammar at glasto, never realised just how incred that girls voice is! Spine tingling stuff.

Barry Gibb was brilliant. Radiohead and Foos too as expected.

Honourable mention to Temples who had a bit of a scheduling stinker clashing with Liam Gallagher, Katy Perry and Wilkinson. Deserved a bigger crowd imo but still put in a great performance

Royal Blood were the only disappointment of the weekend. Never really got the crowd going at all but all in all a great weekend. Finally managed a welly-free festival!

Oh I like your review of Royal Blood, due to a hectic Thursday night I took a late siesta on Friday and accidently missed Royal Blood, and have been informed ever since how amazing they were, so you have made me feel a little better at least.

Temples also had about 20k people sitting and waiting for Toots and the Maytals, who didn't make their slot.  Should of gone to see Wilkinson.
Avalanches didn't live up to expectations, the pioneering live mix and sample band from all those years ago has well and truly gone.

Foo's were the biggest surprise of the weekend for me as they have never really done it for me, but were amazing. Run the Jewels were excellent, Radiohead followed by Goldie Friday night was special.  Slaves and Dropkick Murphy's were both on it as it were.  Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes were my absolute highlight sadly that did mean I had to endure the Killers as there was no getting out of that tent, thankfully they only played an hour.

Loved the changes in Arcadia, and the new track into the middle of the main stage has changed the game as far as being able to get in and out during busy times.

1 interesting aside, 20 minutes before the Foo's a bloke on his own behind us walked off and left a rucksack behind.  Some insight into how the mood of the "nation" has changed, when the mild panic subsided I have to say the security handled it very well, but there was about 15 minutes where Glasto was one dog sniff away from being evacuated it seemed.

Trainer festivals rock.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2017, 06:10:47 PM »

Avalanches didn't live up to expectations, the pioneering live mix and sample band from all those years ago has well and truly gone.

Sad

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 28, 2017, 06:46:43 PM »

Thought Ride were excellent..would love to have seen that live

sola virtus nobilitat
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2017, 08:26:43 PM »

I watched Royal Blood on iPlayer and thought they were superb. Foos also excellent and put in a true headline performance.

@fairwaywedge
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2017, 08:56:41 PM »

I watched Royal Blood on iPlayer and thought they were superb. Foos also excellent and put in a true headline performance.

Royal Blood

Fucking Incredible

What a sound for a 2 piece band

Going to be in top 5 bands in the world
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2017, 09:48:48 PM »

Loved the changes in Arcadia, and the new track into the middle of the main stage has changed the game as far as being able to get in and out during busy times.

That explains a lot, it did seem significantly easier than last year to get about.

I only saw Goldies '92-'94 rave set but thought it was really good. The re-vamped Metamorphosis show at Arcadia was great too. I've no idea how they did the lightning thing!

The upgrade to The Temple this year was a game changer, no more queuing to get in and the view from the top level when its full as the sun rises is unreal

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2017, 04:32:33 PM »

Truck Festival was a real slog this year given the weather. Lovely festival and a cheerful crowd but the elements were bleak at best.

That said, saw a band called The Rhythm Method who were sensational. highlight of the weekend for sure.

@fairwaywedge
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2017, 05:10:14 PM »

Truck Festival was a real slog this year given the weather. Lovely festival and a cheerful crowd but the elements were bleak at best.

That said, saw a band called The Rhythm Method who were sensational. highlight of the weekend for sure.

It's a good job they didn't pull out.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2017, 05:16:40 PM »

Boom boom tish

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2017, 07:18:20 PM »

It's a good job they didn't pull out.

In the words of Shakin' Stevens, lovely stuff

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: