blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:57:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 93234 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: November 23, 2023, 11:57:57 PM »

i watched less than 5 minutes of the laver cup this year. Only year i really paid much attention was the season Federer played his last match.

didn't team world win it before the start of day 3 this year?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 26, 2023, 04:51:53 PM »

GB men have been given a wildcard into next years Davis cup (so they can host a group) the women need to beat France to get into the BJK cup

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 10, 2023, 05:12:39 PM »

Klugman has just won the u18 orange bowl in Florida at age 14.  There is an u14 and u16 tournament there but f that.

Does she get a wildcard for the main draw at Wimbledon?  It might be a year too early, but pretty tempting to give one to her? 

Think they could be in short supply with no guarantee any of Burrage, Dart, Swan or Watson get there automatically and Raducanu might need one too. Those around 200 might need to take a step forward.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 31, 2023, 12:32:34 PM »

good performance by Katie today in the United Cup. Had chances for the first set before losing it and going a double break down in the 2nd set, coming back to beat the world number 5.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 01, 2024, 10:59:21 AM »

good performance by Katie today in the United Cup. Had chances for the first set before losing it and going a double break down in the 2nd set, coming back to beat the world number 5.

I was following her from a distance, but didn't see any games.  Several sources said she was playing at top 20 level, which seems a significant step forward if true.  I guess there is still a chance we could get through in the United Cup, but needs a lot of good fortune.

I am looking forward to Raducanu's reappearance, not long to wait now.  Will be interesting to see how far she goes, but looks like she has a proper British rival now.  All the naysayers are already on at her.

I was reading the rules for 14 and 15 year olds the other day, and Klugman was pretty limited to what she could do at 14.  I can't remember what the rules were exactly, but think she can do10 tournaments when 15 and get a wildcard to Wimbledon (don't think she could at 14).

Looks like Andy Murray had a chance earlier, but is struggling to finish games again.  Just wish he could have a run in something soon.

And happy new year to everyone.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 01, 2024, 12:40:36 PM »

Can't find the match replays on sky missed Andy's game

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 15, 2024, 05:27:40 PM »

My bold predictions for the year

Andy will retire after the US open he will announce it before Wimbledon
Draper will be GB number 1
Norrie won't be seeded at Wimbledon
Watson will focus on doubles now she has a ranking good enough to get her into choice of WTA and her singles ranking is ITF
We will have 2 women seeded for the US open

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 18, 2024, 09:50:24 AM »

My bold predictions for the year

Andy will retire after the US open he will announce it before Wimbledon
Draper will be GB number 1
Norrie won't be seeded at Wimbledon
Watson will focus on doubles now she has a ranking good enough to get her into choice of WTA and her singles ranking is ITF
We will have 2 women seeded for the US open

Think Andy retires
Draper will be number 1, but Norrie will be seeded for Wimbledon.  Think we may have 3 men's seeds as Evans is playing well again.
Agree on Watson.
Think 2 women's seeds at US Open is a big ask.  Think Boulter is 50/50.  Burrage is too flakey late in games right now, need to improve her mental game.  Dart can get closer to top 50.  Am pretty sure Raducanu gets to top 32 again, but think the earliest is after US Open.  Think she'll need to get last 8 in a grand slam and/or win a WTA 250 and do pretty well elsewhere. She'll also be unseeded for some time in WTAs and Grand Slams, so could get some dreadful draws. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 18, 2024, 09:27:03 PM »

ok one last prediction Edmunds to make the main draw for Aussie open next year. Here is hoping he can stay healthy. Will need wild cards for the grass court season and to make the most of them for this to happen.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 20, 2024, 09:23:28 AM »

Best I have seen Norrie play in what seems like a couple of years

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 20, 2024, 09:39:46 AM »

ok one last prediction Edmunds to make the main draw for Aussie open next year. Here is hoping he can stay healthy. Will need wild cards for the grass court season and to make the most of them for this to happen.

Can I add Cazaux top 32 by US Open?  Should have done the Cazaux, Norrie double.  I didn't.

Paul Jubb seems to be making a comeback too.  He was hyped a bit 2 or 3 years ago, but is now flying in a challenger on a protected ranking.  Hope he uses it better than Edmund did.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 20, 2024, 10:52:20 AM »

Paul Jubb seems to be making a comeback too.  He was hyped a bit 2 or 3 years ago, but is now flying in a challenger on a protected ranking.  Hope he uses it better than Edmund did.

would be impossible to do it worse, Used all for events he wasn't ready for getting beaten or injured early. A win last week and a Semi this afternoon, needs lots of wins for small points to make any impact. But atleast they are confidence builders.

Think Emma will be doing it slowly aswell although she will get invites above her protected ranking anyway

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 20, 2024, 04:47:28 PM »

would be impossible to do it worse, Used all for events he wasn't ready for getting beaten or injured early. A win last week and a Semi this afternoon, needs lots of wins for small points to make any impact. But atleast they are confidence builders.

Think Emma will be doing it slowly aswell although she will get invites above her protected ranking anyway

There is a limit on the number of wild cards she can take, think it is only 3 wta 250 and above tournaments in a year outside slams.  Think she'd likely get US open and Wimbledon is a definite if she is fit.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 20, 2024, 06:12:28 PM »

103 protective ranking is likely good enough to get her into the slams so wouldn't need the wildcards for them

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 21, 2024, 06:52:38 PM »

Edmunds wins Sunderland25 after Loughborough25 last week, next on his Schedule is the Nottingham challenger week after next but he is 27th on the qualifying alternates list and 65 for main draw. Would of been a good event to use a protected ranking for if he hadn't wasted them on 1000s and 500s when not in match shape.

Glasspool and Pattern have entered Montpellier together, still no idea why Cash and Pattern broke up after such a run up the rankings.

i really want to see a couple of all Brit teams competing week in week out, and getting decent rankings, for the Davis cup and BJK cup.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: