blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:18:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353710 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: October 30, 2020, 01:12:19 PM »

Also reports the last few days state around 350 deaths a day.. NHS official figures deaths in hospitals around a hundred a day. Im assuming the rest are homes etc. I know people in two different homes and the precautions they take are ridiculous.. its hard to believe that if all homes were like this so many would die of covid.. or are we just calling it that as these deaths occur naturally of other things and its easy just to put that on the certificate.. or are we just making it up as we go along.

I read a report from the office of national statistics the other week, which on the face of it you think you could trust.. seems legit official. Now for a very long time the average deaths attributed to flu in the Uk is around 17K per year.. according to the ONS this year only around 385 people have died of flu.. hmmmm.

So what does this tell us.. it tells us you can twist numbers to suit any agenda you like.. and in the meantime the Government is like Nero whilst Rome burns

From what I understand if you happen to get ran over by a bus or decide to top yourself (due to lockdown stress etc.) within 28 days of your positive guess you'd go down as one of those 350 'covid-19' cases as well.

I'm not doubting the reality of this pandemic but the handling and reporting of it is complete garbage.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: October 30, 2020, 05:09:16 PM »

found each tab of this interesting

https://covid.i-sense.org.uk/

Talking to an Italian colleague today - had a test and standard turn round time is 5 days. Good to know we're better off than some at least

sola virtus nobilitat
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: October 30, 2020, 05:56:51 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54750775
I don't get all these figures we are doing worse than the worst case scenario now

Too many figures

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: October 31, 2020, 08:51:32 AM »

https://lockdownsceptics.org/contents/

Anybody else heard of Toby Young and his Lockdown Sceptics website?

There’s tons of reading for those people er, in lockdown.

The one thing I believe is irrefutable about Covid19: how do we prevent the health services becoming overwhelmed if we simply allow the disease to run its course? Collateral damage will be enormous. But then so is the economic damage being wreaked by lockdown, which will in turn translate into public health damage. Either way, the costs are tragically high.

I’m just glad that I don’t have to make the decisions.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: October 31, 2020, 09:38:09 AM »

this is a good read from Farrar of Wellcome

"Jeremy Farrar
@JeremyFarrar

There is lots of high-quality data on COVID-19, but we haven’t always done a good job of explaining what it really means, or put the data in context of a fast moving dynamic epidemic, when days matter. So I am going to have a go."

https://twitter.com/JeremyFarrar/status/1322247424941936641?s=20

--

on a different issue, just sod off with leaking a national lockdown next week at 9pm on a friday night. Its government by populists, trying to see what the reaction is, rather than doing what is right and then giving clear messages once decided.

We're now beyond the Vallance/whitty reasonable worst case from mid September, and still they prevaricate

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: October 31, 2020, 09:41:54 AM »

This is one of the key slides - comparison of possible scenarios compared with peak of first wave ...

we are told by Laura and co that this is the chart that caused them to think again

new data shown to PM + Chancellor yesterday shows - "all models suggest a significantly higher peak than those estimated at any point in the current Reasonable Worst Case Scenario" - wide range in the projections but one even puts daily deaths over 4,000
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 09:47:31 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: October 31, 2020, 12:52:23 PM »

Overwhelming the NHS. Is the main reason for lockdown again.. you would have thought with the knowledge a second wave was inevitable they would have poured resources into preparing for this with nightingales all over the place ready and waiting

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3277 on: October 31, 2020, 12:57:49 PM »

BREAKING: Keir Starmer is calling for a two week circuit break lockdown

eventually some clear ground with the government, right or wrong

Well that's never going to happen now is it? Not a chance this lot to be seen following Labours lead.

His response to the new tier system in parliament was setting up for this. Far more critical and much less we support the measures.

3 weeks is a long time in COVID, I had also assumed that Boris would not do a lockdown.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: October 31, 2020, 01:25:09 PM »

Well that's never going to happen now is it? Not a chance this lot to be seen following Labours lead.

His response to the new tier system in parliament was setting up for this. Far more critical and much less we support the measures.

3 weeks is a long time in COVID, I had also assumed that Boris would not do a lockdown.

The only way you can even think about justifying all this fannying about with tiers is if a full lockdown was off the table.

Its obviously not so he should have just done it a month ago.

Utter twattery.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: October 31, 2020, 01:58:54 PM »

The only way you can even think about justifying all this fannying about with tiers is if a full lockdown was off the table.

Utter twattery.

That's easy to say with the benefit of hindsight. What do you think your reaction would have been if they'd announced a full month long lockdown a month ago?

What do you think you'd have been saying now that we were on our way out of it?

Most people would be saying "well that was pointless, a whole month in lockdown and for what? Hardly anybody has died, economy is f**ked, fake pandemic, blah, blah, blah....."

There's literally no way that this could be handled evenly remotely 'correctly' without a crystal ball. Look at the info they have to help make decisions. Just that one graph that Tighty posted above has 5 different guesses as to what might happen in various scenarios (or they might all be guesses relating to the same scenario....)

They're trying to find a balance where one doesn't exist.

The tier system with regional lockdowns maybe had a chance but it's faced that much criticism they've now just thought 'f**k it you can all stay in for a month then'.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: October 31, 2020, 02:04:47 PM »

Also reports the last few days state around 350 deaths a day.. NHS official figures deaths in hospitals around a hundred a day. Im assuming the rest are homes etc. I know people in two different homes and the precautions they take are ridiculous.. its hard to believe that if all homes were like this so many would die of covid.. or are we just calling it that as these deaths occur naturally of other things and its easy just to put that on the certificate.. or are we just making it up as we go along.

I read a report from the office of national statistics the other week, which on the face of it you think you could trust.. seems legit official. Now for a very long time the average deaths attributed to flu in the Uk is around 17K per year.. according to the ONS this year only around 385 people have died of flu.. hmmmm.

So what does this tell us.. it tells us you can twist numbers to suit any agenda you like.. and in the meantime the Government is like Nero whilst Rome burns

From what I understand if you happen to get ran over by a bus or decide to top yourself (due to lockdown stress etc.) within 28 days of your positive guess you'd go down as one of those 350 'covid-19' cases as well.

I'm not doubting the reality of this pandemic but the handling and reporting of it is complete garbage.

Think that's how PHE were recording them which created some chaos for obv reasons.

Think ONS does them differently, and from my addled brain's understanding, it wouldn't have made much diff with so many being missed.

Doobs and JMW are the 2 numbers boys I'd listen to rather than me, and they'll likely know the coup.

As an aside, if we're all on the naughty step for another month, I'd better get to the barbers as I'm halfway to Hanks already.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: October 31, 2020, 03:31:01 PM »

Utter twattery.

That's easy to say with the benefit of hindsight. What do you think your reaction would have been if they'd announced a full month long lockdown a month ago?

What do you think you'd have been saying now that we were on our way out of it?

Most people would be saying "well that was pointless, a whole month in lockdown and for what? Hardly anybody has died, economy is f**ked, fake pandemic, blah, blah, blah....."

There's literally no way that this could be handled evenly remotely 'correctly' without a crystal ball. Look at the info they have to help make decisions. Just that one graph that Tighty posted above has 5 different guesses as to what might happen in various scenarios (or they might all be guesses relating to the same scenario....)

They're trying to find a balance where one doesn't exist.

The tier system with regional lockdowns maybe had a chance but it's faced that much criticism they've now just thought 'f**k it you can all stay in for a month then'.

Obviously with all the hindsight and a bit of crystal ball action. I would have been disgusted with them a month ago.

We wouldn't be on our way out of it either. This isn't going to be eased in 4 weeks is it. Crystal ball action again.

But my view point is they have got to choose a plan and stick to it.

If your not going to leave a set of rules in place to see what happens then you may aswell just skip straight to full lock down everytime.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3282 on: October 31, 2020, 07:13:48 PM »

I can leave home for exercise or recreation.

Can someone define recreation for me please?

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 31, 2020, 07:22:33 PM »

I can leave home for exercise or recreation.

Can someone define recreation for me please?

8 cans of Fosters & 2litres of Omega, but that was back in the mid 90s Grin

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 31, 2020, 07:31:44 PM »

Utter bellends. Why does it not start till Thursday!

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: