blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353713 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: October 21, 2020, 05:46:59 PM »

"He obviously never thinks about strengthening Labour and his position in Manchester when he does it. "

Do you not think Burnham will win in a landslide in the Manchester mayoral elections next year?

Must be very possible after the last 72 hours, no?

meanwhile whither the Tory Red Wall from last December? Minus quite a few bricks in the next election perhaps....

Yes because Manchester is historically a Labour city.

The antics of the last few days and the “I’m standing up for working people” line against a Tory Government is an easy win.

The flip side of the last 10 days delay caused by both sides mean more ordinary older people will end up in critical care and dying. That seems to get forgotten.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: October 21, 2020, 08:05:24 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-54631524

I wonder what actually transpires in cases like this - payment or jail, payment scheme, family forced to pay, other ? Made me wonder if students should have the right to add this to their student loan

sola virtus nobilitat
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: October 21, 2020, 08:17:26 PM »

I wonder what actually transpires in cases like this - payment or jail, payment scheme, family forced to pay, other ? Made me wonder if students should have the right to add this to their student loan

Flat fines are stupid. Should really be somehow means tested.

Blue text
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: October 21, 2020, 09:14:49 PM »

Flat fines are stupid. Should really be somehow means tested.

I had a look, the £10,000 fine is only applicable for people who instigate situations where other people break the law - mainly employers who force people who should be isolating to go to work, and people who organise parties.

Most legal fines take into account the ability of the person to pay but this is fixed - so I had a look at the law in general.

If you can't afford a fine you basically appeal the amount of the fine based on affordability - the court then has to take into account your ability to pay and can reduce your fine accordingly.

Seriousness of the crime as well as affordability is usually taken into account when fines are set, so I wouldn't necessarily expect those students to be shown much leniency.

And installment schemes are set up to pay fines, so there's a chance their fine will be reduced to take into account affordability but they'll most likely just end up paying it off over several years even if it is reduced a bit.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: October 22, 2020, 10:58:41 AM »

It's not just not being able to afford a fine that's the problem.

It's being able to afford it.

With a fixed fine it'll be either:
- Unaffordable, potentially hugely damaging
- Affordable, but still damaging would rather not have it
- Affordable, pay up if caught never mind

It should always be the second really.

Blue text
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: October 22, 2020, 10:59:42 AM »

After areas in the North have spent weeks/months in Tier 2 equivalent restrictions we finally get some mention of support now the rest of the country is catching up: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54639713

Blue text
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: October 22, 2020, 11:46:53 AM »

After areas in the North have spent weeks/months in Tier 2 equivalent restrictions we finally get some mention of support now the rest of the country is catching up: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54639713

I don't really see the relevance of the North being under Tier 2 restrictions for weeks/months when they were still being protected under the original furlough scheme.

Isn't the announcement now just because the original job retention/furlough scheme ends at the end of October rather than because other areas are catching up?

Sure they could have cleaned up the implications of the replacement scheme before it was announced, but amending it before it's launched doesn't really seem like a bad thing does it?

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: October 29, 2020, 02:37:41 PM »

!

Police will enter homes and break up Christmas dinners if families break lockdown rules, predicts police commissioner https://trib.al/eRo0JuK

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: October 29, 2020, 02:46:23 PM »

Imperial's react report https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/institute-of-global-health-innovation/REACT1_r6_interim_preprint.pdf

estimates that the #COVID19 R rate in London is the highest in the country at 2.86 (!!), which compares to a national R rate of 1.56 (also very high!).

The growth rate in London is also the highest in the country at 21%.

It estimates 96,000 new infections a day and doubling every 9 days. Nearly 1m are estimated to be infected. Covering 16-25 Oct, it's very up to date

--

France and Germany go into national lockdowns

--

We're going to be way too late again?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: October 29, 2020, 02:50:48 PM »

found each tab of this interesting

https://covid.i-sense.org.uk/

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: October 29, 2020, 07:05:49 PM »

!

Police will enter homes and break up Christmas dinners if families break lockdown rules, predicts police commissioner https://trib.al/eRo0JuK

Optics, obviously.

A million they actually do.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: October 29, 2020, 08:47:25 PM »

!

Daily Mail link warning - I didn't really get far into the story itself because I was bombarded with so much advertising and having to block the Daily Mail from providing me with notifications

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: October 29, 2020, 08:49:30 PM »

!

Daily Mail link warning - I didn't really get far into the story itself because I was bombarded with so much advertising and having to block the Daily Mail from providing me with notifications

In brief, the Kaiser Police Chief, predicts a riot

sola virtus nobilitat
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: October 30, 2020, 09:26:55 AM »

We're going to be way too late again?

Depends on your point of view surely?  Wink

Sage predicting a lower flat wave, is that not what we were aiming for?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: October 30, 2020, 12:58:15 PM »

So I somehow managed to contract Covid Smiley

It was a little odd.. I had the tiniest of coughs and felt a little under the weather so took my temperature which showed as high. What I didnt know was the thermometre was low on battery and it turning red was this and not a fever looool. I did not know this until later when my daughter pointed it out, battery replaced temp was normal. In the meantime id upped and ran like a big girls blouse to the testing centre.

You have to have an appointment and incredibly someone somewhere has flicked a switch and the whole process has become super efficent. I went on line to book at 1.15pm and had a test for 2pm and it said there were over 600 spaces left that day !.

This wasnt a one off either as everyone around me went for subsequent tests and all got them in a similar time frame.

I was surprised to test positive especially as all who had been close to me tested negative including my eldest daughter who is currently living with me .. false positive ??

Anyway isolation has followed with little to no symptoms.. first night was like a medium flu.. was shivering then sweating.. after that literally nothing. Occasional headache and a cough which was more akin to clearing my throat.

I am nearly 52 but confess i am a gym hound and eat pretty healthily so this may have stood me in good stead. I know everyone will be different but is covid real.. yes of course..is it the bubonic plague we have to fear like the end of the world.. no its not. If you are even remotely healthy I think you have nothing to worry about as borne out by the figures that show that the vast majority of deaths occur in over sixties and literally every one of them with underlying issues. We seem to have forgotten this in the hysteria.

Also reports the last few days state around 350 deaths a day.. NHS official figures deaths in hospitals around a hundred a day. Im assuming the rest are homes etc. I know people in two different homes and the precautions they take are ridiculous.. its hard to believe that if all homes were like this so many would die of covid.. or are we just calling it that as these deaths occur naturally of other things and its easy just to put that on the certificate.. or are we just making it up as we go along.

I read a report from the office of national statistics the other week, which on the face of it you think you could trust.. seems legit official. Now for a very long time the average deaths attributed to flu in the Uk is around 17K per year.. according to the ONS this year only around 385 people have died of flu.. hmmmm.

So what does this tell us.. it tells us you can twist numbers to suit any agenda you like.. and in the meantime the Government is like Nero whilst Rome burns

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: