blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:03:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 357068 times)
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: February 13, 2021, 12:09:08 PM »

I was shocked to get a text from my Dr on Thursday saying that because I have underlying conditions I should make an appointment to have the jab - I expected at least another two groups and a couple of months before I was contacted so I booked and went and had my first jab at my Dr's yesterday. I've relived and happy. My MIL is still waiting for hers and she is in the 70+ group.

I dont think 70+ need to wait now, they can just go ahead and book.

She rang last week after the announcement and was told she was on the list and will be contacted but she is ringing again next week.

We are in Wales so it's possibly different, but I've noticed a difference even between different Dr's practices/area's here.

I'm on the testing rollout for myhealthonline here, I believe they have that in England too. I order all my meds online and they are collected by the pharmacist and delivered so I don't have to go to the surgery anymore which i think is great. They are also introducing video calls at some point which will be interesting.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3796 on: February 13, 2021, 12:21:04 PM »

I was shocked to get a text from my Dr on Thursday saying that because I have underlying conditions I should make an appointment to have the jab - I expected at least another two groups and a couple of months before I was contacted so I booked and went and had my first jab at my Dr's yesterday. I've relived and happy. My MIL is still waiting for hers and she is in the 70+ group.

I dont think 70+ need to wait now, they can just go ahead and book.

She rang last week after the announcement and was told she was on the list and will be contacted but she is ringing again next week.

We are in Wales so it's possibly different, but I've noticed a difference even between different Dr's practices/area's here.

I'm on the testing rollout for myhealthonline here, I believe they have that in England too. I order all my meds online and they are collected by the pharmacist and delivered so I don't have to go to the surgery anymore which i think is great. They are also introducing video calls at some point which will be interesting.

Yes we get that too.

I don't know about video calls, there's more chance of seeing a yeti than a Doctor at our surgery.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: February 13, 2021, 05:30:27 PM »

Bit of good news, and where the gov and especially the NHS deserve a pat on the back.

https://twitter.com/ChrisCEOHopson/status/1360543721599750149

1/23 We haven't had a lot to celebrate during this pandemic. But achieving the milestone of offering vaccine to the over 70s, health and care workers and the most clinically vulnerable just before target date is a huge cause for celebration, given the scale of the achievement.

Whole thread unrolled there -

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1360543721599750149.html
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 05:32:33 PM by Marky147 » Logged

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: February 13, 2021, 11:23:54 PM »

Some GP surgeries in England are offering to Group 6 now, the vulnerable ones who were higher risk than normal but not CEV.

As a result I got called in yesterday for mine which I had today.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: February 13, 2021, 11:41:15 PM »

Some GP surgeries in England are offering to Group 6 now, the vulnerable ones who were higher risk than normal but not CEV.

Nice one!

That's the group I thought I was in, but they decided not.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: February 14, 2021, 07:21:35 AM »

I mean I really really love the pub, and would go tomorrow if I could but I'm pretty surprised that they are expecting them to open for outdoor food and drinks in just 6 weeks!

Thinks are looking really positive

Boris: Don't worry, I'll ruin this.....

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: February 14, 2021, 11:56:10 AM »

I mean I really really love the pub, and would go tomorrow if I could but I'm pretty surprised that they are expecting them to open for outdoor food and drinks in just 6 weeks!

I think the noises from Government seem right this time.   Schools first then pubs seems right, then opening with outside drinking and food seems right too.  There is much lower risk outside than in.   They should do outside sports pretty soon too.  I don't really see an issue with UK summer holidays either, if they are thinking pubs opening in 6 weeks then what can be the issue with me sat outside one somewhere else in 6 months?   

I read this morning that the usual group of Tory MPs want a commitment to all restrictions emded by the end of April?  That just seems a nonsense.    How can the deadline help?  Surely if we get to the end of April and cases and deaths have collapsed then we get much of that without the deadline?   We obviously need to get the NHS situation normalised too, at the very least we want to see waiting lists stabilised before all restictions end.  The correlation between those complaining about us forgetting the cancer patients and those wanting immediate opening up seems strong.

I do think the aim should be to get to a stage where people voluntarily do the right thing, and we don't need to have lots of compulsory restrictions.  We definitely don't want another forced lockdown and another winter of huge numbers of excess deaths.  We seem to be getting there at about the right pace.  Maybe by summer we are just advising people to keep a distance, meet outside if possible and wear masks, and see how we go.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: February 14, 2021, 01:52:11 PM »

Nice one!

That's surprising given how you've commented on your health issues previously, I'd have put money on you being in that group.

I'd be kicking up a fuss with my GP in this instance.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: February 14, 2021, 03:17:46 PM »

I think the noises from Government seem right this time.   Schools first then pubs seems right, then opening with outside drinking and food seems right too.  There is much lower risk outside than in.   They should do outside sports pretty soon too.  I don't really see an issue with UK summer holidays either, if they are thinking pubs opening in 6 weeks then what can be the issue with me sat outside one somewhere else in 6 months?   

I read this morning that the usual group of Tory MPs want a commitment to all restrictions emded by the end of April?  That just seems a nonsense.    How can the deadline help?  Surely if we get to the end of April and cases and deaths have collapsed then we get much of that without the deadline?   We obviously need to get the NHS situation normalised too, at the very least we want to see waiting lists stabilised before all restictions end.  The correlation between those complaining about us forgetting the cancer patients and those wanting immediate opening up seems strong.

I do think the aim should be to get to a stage where people voluntarily do the right thing, and we don't need to have lots of compulsory restrictions.  We definitely don't want another forced lockdown and another winter of huge numbers of excess deaths.  We seem to be getting there at about the right pace.  Maybe by summer we are just advising people to keep a distance, meet outside if possible and wear masks, and see how we go.   

I dont mind the order, it just seems rushed.

They made out it was one of the worst infection areas now its on the fast lane for reopening.

Hope your right about holidays.

P.s. Think the CRG are demanding all curbs removed by end of May. Still a nonsense as you say.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: February 14, 2021, 04:41:16 PM »

Nice one!

That's surprising given how you've commented on your health issues previously, I'd have put money on you being in that group.

I just thought 16-64 with a condition that makes me vulnerable, but then I did get a shielding letter, so guess I should have paid more attention Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: February 14, 2021, 06:00:33 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Got a nutter next door been bleating all year 'it's a hoax', and just posted this today  Roll Eyes

Some crackpots about, for sure.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: February 14, 2021, 06:23:03 PM »

Nice one!

I just thought 16-64 with a condition that makes me vulnerable, but then I did get a shielding letter, so guess I should have paid more attention Cheesy

Yeah,  I'd be ringing too.  I thought is was 1.01 that those shielding would get it early, after Tikay and the others of extreme age, but still pretty early.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: February 14, 2021, 06:28:16 PM »

Nice one!

Yeah,  I'd be ringing too.  I thought is was 1.01 that those shielding would get it early, after Tikay and the others of extreme age, but still pretty early.

I had it last weekend, and was the first in the house to get it.

Old man got his on Friday, and they actually said to him they'd have given her one as well if she'd gone with him. She's booked in for Thursday anyway, so no big deal.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: February 15, 2021, 10:29:03 AM »

Hey Marky, another day, another Cummins takedown.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dr_barrett/status/1360940446650929163

I'd never come across the term Gish Gallop before. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gish_gallop

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: February 15, 2021, 10:31:20 AM »

Hey Marky, another day, another Cummins takedown.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dr_barrett/status/1360940446650929163

I'd never come across the term Gish Gallop before. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gish_gallop

Ha, the Wiki Page says;

See also - Bullshit

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: