blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:27:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 359565 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3780 on: February 12, 2021, 04:38:54 PM »

Vaccination to include over 65s.

So, do 65yos get it?

My Father in Law is bang on 65 and he just had his

Boom!

Did they call him in and where does he live?

Think he got a letter and Norfolk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3781 on: February 12, 2021, 04:49:24 PM »

Vaccination to include over 65s.

So, do 65yos get it?

My Father in Law is bang on 65 and he just had his

Boom!

Did they call him in and where does he live?

Think he got a letter and Norfolk

Cheers Barry.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: February 12, 2021, 05:19:04 PM »

Chris Snowdon is getting stuck into some of the modelling, as they seem to suggest there could be 2,000 deaths a day in August?

https://velvetgloveironfist.blogspot.com/2021/02/the-covid-modellers-have-jumped-shark.html

There are idiots on both sides, and these projections look fairly pessimistic at best. 

It does feel a bit harsh to throw current figures at someone who published their results a month ago.  Why assume such low vaccination take up a month ago when we know there are higher proportions now?  Well, duh!

Snowdon is probably right to have a dig, as it all looks way too pessimistic. but maybe should have done it a month ago before we had all the recent positive news.

They have this disclaimer where the Warwick study was published on the SAGE minutes,

The paper is the assessment of the evidence at the time of writing. As new evidence or data emerges, SAGE updates its advice accordingly.

It feels like they need an atuary or two on board to check the reasonableness of their modelling. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: February 12, 2021, 05:25:54 PM »

Chris Snowdon is getting stuck into some of the modelling, as they seem to suggest there could be 2,000 deaths a day in August?

https://velvetgloveironfist.blogspot.com/2021/02/the-covid-modellers-have-jumped-shark.html

There are idiots on both sides, and these projections look fairly pessimistic at best. 

It does feel a bit harsh to throw current figures at someone who published their results a month ago.  Why assume such low vaccination take up a month ago when we know there are higher proportions now?  Well, duh!

Snowdon is probably right to have a dig, as it all looks way too pessimistic. but maybe should have done it a month ago before we had all the recent positive news.

They have this disclaimer where the Warwick study was published on the SAGE minutes,

The paper is the assessment of the evidence at the time of writing. As new evidence or data emerges, SAGE updates its advice accordingly.

It feels like they need an atuary or two on board to check the reasonableness of their modelling. 

Or a printer part designer.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: February 12, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »

It does feel a bit harsh to throw current figures at someone who published their results a month ago.  Why assume such low vaccination take up a month ago when we know there are higher proportions now?  Well, duh!

Or a printer part designer.

Oh aye, him and goofy avatar would be the dream modelling team.

Seriously though, the Government modellers need to produce stuff that is credible.  They should have learned from that debacle where they put out the outdated 4k deaths a day model before lockdown 2.  Timescales are obviously challenging for putting stuff out, but you can just look at this and just think it just doesn't seem sensible.  I am conscious I have quite a bit of hindsight here, but I am pretty sure you could have seen the issue a month ago.

edit. I just checked back and I was pretty optimistic a month ago too.  This is the day after Warwick published, and conincidentally I am doubting somebody who was projecting 2,000 deaths a day (albeit I was talking in this wave and not some pessimistic summer resurgence). 

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=68630.3630

I do think something really bad could happen over the next few months, as there is always the chance the virus could mutate and become something worse.  I just don't see how these large number of deaths in the summer, after the vaccination program, could ever have been the central projection.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 05:46:49 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: February 12, 2021, 05:57:24 PM »

Think the worst thing that could happen is via the public, if the government don't try to at least try and work out how to give people some form of normality similar to last summer.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: February 12, 2021, 08:50:15 PM »

I’m 54 with no health issues and got a text from my GP surgery offering me the vaccine today. Booked in next Wednesday.

I was shocked and felt a bit guilty as I got the message after going to a funeral mass for an old family friend who had underlying conditions but died with Covid. Was sat in the Crem car park after driving from the Church when it came through.

Maybe my area in Sheffield is well ahead of schedule as I expected it in April.

Very strange.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: February 13, 2021, 10:52:57 AM »

I was shocked to get a text from my Dr on Thursday saying that because I have underlying conditions I should make an appointment to have the jab - I expected at least another two groups and a couple of months before I was contacted so I booked and went and had my first jab at my Dr's yesterday. I've relived and happy. My MIL is still waiting for hers and she is in the 70+ group.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 10:54:53 AM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: February 13, 2021, 11:05:49 AM »

I was shocked to get a text from my Dr on Thursday saying that because I have underlying conditions I should make an appointment to have the jab - I expected at least another two groups and a couple of months before I was contacted so I booked and went and had my first jab at my Dr's yesterday. I've relived and happy. My MIL is still waiting for hers and she is in the 70+ group.

I dont think 70+ need to wait now, they can just go ahead and book.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: February 13, 2021, 11:16:25 AM »

I seem to remember Tikay never bothering with the annual flu-jab.

Hopefully he's having a rethink about the covid one.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:19:21 AM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: February 13, 2021, 11:26:08 AM »

True. I had never had a flu-jab in my life but after some not-so-gentle nudging from Gill I had my first ever in November.

Then I got a text about a COVID jab & had it on 30th January.

So I'm all jabbed up. I'll be pretty cross if I get knocked over by a bus now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: February 13, 2021, 11:45:03 AM »

True. I had never had a flu-jab in my life but after some not-so-gentle nudging from Gill I had my first ever in November.

Glad to hear the old adage about old dogs and new tricks rebuffed.

x

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: February 13, 2021, 11:46:32 AM »

x

Thanks Ralph - have you had yours yet?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3793 on: February 13, 2021, 11:47:01 AM »

x

I was once knocked over by a bust. That was pretty special.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: February 13, 2021, 12:06:12 PM »

x

Thanks Ralph - have you had yours yet?

Yes Tony I had mine last week.

They've erected a special covid-jab marquee on The Forest Recreation Ground less than a mile from my abode.

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: