blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353778 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 27, 2020, 11:39:13 AM »

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #856 on: March 27, 2020, 11:51:09 AM »

This, from 3 weeks ago, has aged well.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 27, 2020, 12:01:31 PM »

It’s easily as dumb as anything Trump or George W ever said.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 27, 2020, 12:04:07 PM »

It’s easily as dumb as anything Trump or George W ever said.

Makes you feel sorry for Vallance stood next to a numpty like that. Strikingly similarities to the Trump/Fauci dynamic.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 27, 2020, 12:19:10 PM »

I know tonight was the night where we was all supposed to slap the NHS, but also time to see that folk are still putting their personal greed first too.

Yesterday, I had seen that Jeremy Joseph, owner of nightclub brand G-A-Y, who has 4 nightclubs had posted on Twitter to bemoan his landlords. G-A-Y have a lot of money in the bank, they have the largest and most popular nightclub in the UK.

Jeremy had offered to pay all of his landlords the cost price of each venue. He didn't ask for a payment holiday, despite 200 staff. He just politely asked for rents to be at cost priced, instead of the £402k quaterly amount. They said no and offered him the holiday. By time that holiday is over, they'll owe £800k.

It's essentially a small business. In all of this kind stuff, there's plenty of horrid greed going about too.

I tried to type a constructive post to respond to this but I can't

You are just so effing stupid commenting on things that you have zero understanding of.

Rents to be at cost price. FML.

A lot of what is happening right now has nothing to do with personal greed how ever horrible you think the world is.

The exasperation in this post made me chuckle.  It’s the internet - of course people are going to make lengthy posts about things they have no understanding of Smiley
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #860 on: March 27, 2020, 01:09:56 PM »

Boris Johnson obviously can't do the daily coronavirus press conference, so the Health secretary Matt Hancock is down to do it instead, except that now *he* has tested positive as well.

All those images of a packed HoC earlier this month really don't look too clever now (Angela Rayner went down with it this morning as well).

This could become a real picture postcard of how slow the response to the crisis was at the beginning now there's a cluster in government.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 27, 2020, 01:19:16 PM »

Messrs Evil and Bopkin. Have to say I'm very impressed with the way you are getting on with this and protecting your employees and companies as best you can. Sure this was never part of any continuity planning you might do. I can't quite imagine the underlying stress this must have caused. Really good luck fellas and hope Yr companies go from strength to strength when things are normalised.

Thanks Glen appreciate that.

We're currently figuring out exactly how the furlough process will work for us.

At the moment our three main clients Nottingham Uni, Nottingham Trent Uni and QMC (local hospital) have said that it's essential works only.

As Stu said you're allowed to travel to work if you can't work from home, our work is site based so we can work no problem at all as long as we obey social distancing guidelines.

Because our clients have chosen to stop all works though I've had to furlough everyone because there is literally nothing for them to do.

The problem we have is that once they're furloughed that's it for 3 weeks, we can't get them back. If one of them wants a little job doing we're going to have to say sorry but you'll have to wait 3 weeks until we have an engineer available.

This isn't a major issue unless there's some kind of emergency that they need doing immediately.

Fun day working this one out.....

It might be time for you to dig out your overalls Matt.

In these desperate times that is actually one of my options. I don't have the full skill set anymore but I could certainly help one of the engineers rather than have to keep an engineer on retainer as well as someone to assist them.

Well on the slightly fraudulent theme started earlier, according to the guidelines if your employee has two jobs they are treated separately and they can be furloughed from both.

On that basis, rather than bring someone back and end their furlough before the three weeks are up, they could find themselves suddenly offered work by Evilpie Electrical as opposed to your actual company. Complete the work for the new company rather than the company they are furloughed from.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 27, 2020, 01:30:56 PM »

Interesting little graph I did myself, a bit clearer than some of the newspaper ones...

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 27, 2020, 01:35:45 PM »

Interesting little graph I did myself, a bit clearer than some of the newspaper ones...

The blue one looks like Tikay's chip graph in Vegas before the bubble Grin

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 27, 2020, 01:37:18 PM »

Messrs Evil and Bopkin. Have to say I'm very impressed with the way you are getting on with this and protecting your employees and companies as best you can. Sure this was never part of any continuity planning you might do. I can't quite imagine the underlying stress this must have caused. Really good luck fellas and hope Yr companies go from strength to strength when things are normalised.

+100

Top blokes, and look forward to eventually sharing some beverages once we're allowed out of the country Grin

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 27, 2020, 01:41:15 PM »

+100

Top blokes, and look forward to eventually sharing some beverages once we're allowed out of the country Grin

More likely for me now. I wasn't joining Matt and James in July due to the imminent mini Bopkin, that would have been a push even for me.
November was looking likely for Matt and I, but the way things are going I can imagine that not happening so ......

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE 2021

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 27, 2020, 01:47:15 PM »

It’s worth reading the John Burn-Murdoch methodology.

http:// [url]https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1237748598051409921?s=21[url]

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 27, 2020, 01:50:29 PM »

+100

More likely for me now. I wasn't joining Matt and James in July due to the imminent mini Bopkin, that would have been a push even for me.
November was looking likely for Matt and I, but the way things are going I can imagine that not happening so ......

I've got 3 weeks booked in December, which I'll take all being well. I'm not sure I'd even want to go in June/July with all this still ongoing.

June 2021 is almost nailed on, unless I'm a goner Cheesy

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 27, 2020, 01:53:05 PM »

+100

I've got 3 weeks booked in December, which I'll take all being well. I'm not sure I'd even want to go in June/July with all this still ongoing.

Take out some life insurance just in case?

Named beneficiaries;
Bopkin, Pie, and Eccles.

$100k should to it, means we can have a beer in your memory at your bar in the Nugget if you do get Cororowed

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 27, 2020, 02:00:03 PM »

+100

Take out some life insurance just in case?

Named beneficiaries;
Bopkin, Pie, and Eccles.

$100k should to it, means we can have a beer in your memory at your bar in the Nugget if you do get Cororowed

Haha!

Not even sure I'd be able to get any, and definitely wouldn't be able to afford it now I've had to cut all my prices in half for the forseeable.

The amount of money I'm going to earn the next few months, it will feel like I'm back at HMS Raleigh when I was 18.

I actually haven't been down to Claude's since 2018, and was planning on booking a room for a couple nights just to go downtown and get trashed this summer Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: