blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:52:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 359322 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: April 09, 2020, 08:48:32 PM »

Nothing there from Raab that's going to stop the partygoers this weekend. Guy is an utter waste of space.

Harsh on the Raab. The job is to get up there and say nothing.. he does this acceptably and politely. The questioning is utterly pointless and terrible. Were you hoping he'd announce the army would be out shooting on sight.

Reckon it's time to lock away the vulnerables and let everyone sub 40 go about their business. The vulnerables are indoors until a vaccine anyway and the sub 40s don't die too much.

I think the main problem is that there's something worthwhile to say about once a week, but everybody went a bit mental when the government suggested weekly briefings instead of daily ones.

It makes zero difference if they just announced the numbers online every day and published the occasional press pack of charts but the general public media won't stand for that.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 09, 2020, 09:00:50 PM »

I’d forgotten about that stumbling tackle (toward the top of the replies), so good 😂.

Haha, apparently he' a great tennis player though

I can believe he’s a decent tennis player. I used to think I had a big competitive sporting advantage over most people just by being faster and fitter but I’ve been schooled by some serious fatties at tennis and badminton over the years. I think at a very amateurish level, racquet sports are not bad for the cumbersome.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 10, 2020, 01:00:25 PM »

Big number today - 938

Gonna keep going up for a week or two more before it gets better......

A divisive figure and I’ll confidently guess you aren’t a fully signed up member of the fan club. It’s hard to argue with his assertion that he’s well placed to answer your question though:

https://www.thearticle.com/media-questions-at-no10-briefings-are-woeful-here-are-20-they-should-ask
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 10, 2020, 01:27:14 PM »

I’d forgotten about that stumbling tackle (toward the top of the replies), so good 😂.

I can believe he’s a decent tennis player. I used to think I had a big competitive sporting advantage over most people just by being faster and fitter but I’ve been schooled by some serious fatties at tennis and badminton over the years. I think at a very amateurish level, racquet sports are not bad for the cumbersome.

True that, Had a gigantic colleague who was pretty incredible at squash

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 10, 2020, 01:35:00 PM »

True that, Had a gigantic colleague who was pretty incredible at squash

I was a pretty good squash player back in the day, haven’t played for 10 years though. Give me 1 practice session and I bet I’d still school most people casual players (not regular clubs players). You don’t really lose the racket skill that much but the fitness would be a problem, that said I wouldn’t be the one doing most of the running unless they were decent......
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 10, 2020, 03:11:22 PM »

Neighbour three doors down from us died yesterday from CV. Raj was just 51. Stay safe folks.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 11, 2020, 04:38:55 PM »

Neighbour three doors down from us died yesterday from CV. Raj was just 51. Stay safe folks.

Sorry to hear that, Grant. Tough times.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 11, 2020, 05:17:41 PM »

Question from Ladbible!

WALOFS these Q&As are.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 11, 2020, 05:22:55 PM »

"Will you apologise......" questions even top the inanity of "shouldn't you have done x sooner" questions.

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 11, 2020, 05:37:52 PM »

"Will you apologise......" questions even top the inanity of "shouldn't you have done x sooner" questions.

I've sacked off watching those. Sooner watch Trump stumbling about in his.

Always has to chuck in 'greater numbers than ever seen before' when talking about almost anything, lol.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 11, 2020, 06:15:38 PM »

I've sacked off watching those. Sooner watch Trump stumbling about in his.

Always has to chuck in 'greater numbers than ever seen before' when talking about almost anything, lol.

I like his in-speech commentaries on his own speeches.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 11, 2020, 06:41:50 PM »

The demanding an apology is inane, I agree. They’re going to have to get used to the ‘sooner’ question though. Even now, we could still implement a lockdown. I’m surprised you thought that point from the Swedish epidemiologist was clever, it really isn’t, all that anybody means when criticising a failure to act ‘sooner’, is inexplicably waiting to act, it’s perfectly valid. In the next 10 days we will be well clear for most deaths in Europe (and 2nd most known in the world), so people won’t stop asking the ‘sooner’ question.

Still no improvement in the government trotting out massively wrong numbers, with no explanation for why they’re wrong. Can’t they just watch Sturgeon and see how easy it is?

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 11, 2020, 06:45:55 PM »

The demanding an apology is inane, I agree. They’re going to have to get used to the ‘sooner’ question though. Even now, we could still implement a lockdown. I’m surprised you thought that point from the Swedish epidemiologist was clever, it really isn’t, all that anybody means when criticising a failure to act ‘sooner’, is inexplicably waiting to act, it’s perfectly valid. In the next 10 days we will be well clear for most deaths in Europe (and 2nd most known in the world), so people won’t stop asking the ‘sooner’ question.

Still no improvement in the government trotting out massively wrong numbers, with no explanation for why they’re wrong. Can’t they just watch Sturgeon and see how easy it is?

Stephen Powis still saying 20,000, we won’t be far off that by this Monday morning (when the ONS update up to 13/04).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 11, 2020, 07:23:26 PM »

Stephen Powis still saying 20,000, we won’t be far off that by this Monday morning (when the ONS update up to 13/04).

Seems mad that it was only a few days ago that they said 7,000 to 20,000 only a few days ago.   It is as unfathomable as when they kept saying it doubled every 5/6 days when it was clearly doubling in less than 3 days.

Anyway, good to see the deaths are starting to level off a bit.   I think schools will be back by half term, though I am struggling to see an end game.  Surely going back to normal before a vaccine just means cases doubling every 3 days again.   Some sort of quasi social distancing may work in the sticks longer term but how do you keep away from other people on a rush hour train/tube?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 11, 2020, 07:26:56 PM »

Seems mad that it was only a few days ago that they said 7,000 to 20,000 only a few days ago.   It is as unfathomable as when they kept saying it doubled every 5/6 days when it was clearly doubling in less than 3 days.

Anyway, good to see the deaths are starting to level off a bit.   I think schools will be back by half term, though I am struggling to see an end game.  Surely going back to normal before a vaccine just means cases doubling every 3 days again.   Some sort of quasi social distancing may work in the sticks longer term but how do you keep away from other people on a rush hour train/tube?

Really?

Over here we have just had our first two deaths (a 92 & 89 year old) around 250 cases (guess) and our schools are closed til the new school year. I would be amazed if schools opened there in 10 days?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: