blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:42:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353768 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: April 26, 2020, 04:40:53 PM »

https://youtu.be/Qe_o5J-hJ6Q

Peterborough city centre on Friday.

Got to be a wind up?

That was my first thought but plenty of masks (the idea of fendwellers wearing masks a month ago would have been roffley) and police cars on show. Also, the weather checks out and nobody seems to be going in or coming out of shops.

Couple of nice racks tbf

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 26, 2020, 06:11:07 PM »

Got to be a wind up?

That was my first thought but plenty of masks (the idea of fendwellers wearing masks a month ago would have been roffley) and police cars on show. Also, the weather checks out and nobody seems to be going in or coming out of shops.

Couple of nice racks tbf

Cheesy

Might go out for a drive next weekend, as I haven't taken my car out since my infusion. See how many momos I can see bowling around town.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 26, 2020, 06:17:54 PM »

Got to be a wind up?

Couple of nice racks tbf

Way more guts than racks.....  talktothehand
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 26, 2020, 06:21:44 PM »

Got to be a wind up?

Couple of nice racks tbf

Way more guts than racks.....  talktothehand

Haha, true that, it's the Fens not Milan though

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 26, 2020, 06:40:43 PM »

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1254462206403588096?s=21

The all cause mortality international comparisons.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 26, 2020, 06:49:56 PM »

Seems that the U.K. excess non Covid deaths, that came along by coincidence (according to some), nearly all came along in the Covid hotspots.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 26, 2020, 08:37:38 PM »

Seems that the U.K. excess non Covid deaths, that came along by coincidence (according to some), nearly all came along in the Covid hotspots.

Interesting data - I do like Burn Murdoch.
Who is saying it is coincidence?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 26, 2020, 08:47:13 PM »

It was a contentious topic ITT thread after the first relevant ONS update. Without a better explainer, the graphs in the Tuesday briefings make an absolute assumption that the other excess deaths aren’t Covid. I think it’s fair to say that just in general (including most people I talk to) people think U.K. Coronavirus deaths are “around 20,000” .
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 26, 2020, 08:53:23 PM »

It was a contentious topic ITT thread after the first relevant ONS update. Without a better explainer, the graphs in the Tuesday briefings make an absolute assumption that the other excess deaths aren’t Covid. I think it’s fair to say that just in general (including most people I talk to) people think U.K. Coronavirus deaths are “around 20,000” .

Just to be clear is it still Boris’/the Tories fault?
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 26, 2020, 09:00:29 PM »

Terminology is important.

"...Seems that the U.K. excess non Covid deaths, that came along by coincidence (according to some), nearly all came along in the Covid hotspots. ..."

Is the right terminology, even if you didn't mean it. Some of those deaths are COVID19 but weren't recorded as such, some of them are not COVID19 - but that doesn't mean that they didn't happen because of the virus.

There is a difference between "died of COVID19" and "died because of COVID19".

The scientific advisors at the daily press conferences have been very clear about this over and over again, but some like the FT seem to be pretty much stuck on saying every excess death is "of COVID19" and not "because of COVID19", I'm sure they know exactly what the difference is - it goes back to what was previously mentioned about having a firm editorial policy and not moving from it.

The briefings including the hospital and ONS deaths - are exactly what they are described as. They explain exactly what they are, and they've explained about the other types of deaths caused by COVID19 indirectly. Do you think they should include the hospital deaths? And the ONS official death certificate count? And the difference between the 5 year average (the excess deaths)? As well as the hospital deaths, official deaths and excess deaths of every other country they include on their graphs?
At some point you've got to make a decision about how much information you include and given all this data is readily available anyway it doesn't seem a terrible decision to focus on the official figures on a weekly basis and leave the in depth analysis until later.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:02:28 PM by Jon MW » Logged

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 26, 2020, 09:02:11 PM »

My 91 year old gran tested positive for covid in hospital today.   Fingers crossed i am going to use the poker saying i hate but use my 'one time'.  Stay safe everyone and think about how what you do affects the elderly and vulnerable in society.   Everyone on blonde is smart enough to know that but never be afraid to lecture to the brain dead in society.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:16:47 PM by arbboy » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 26, 2020, 09:35:03 PM »

"...Seems that the U.K. excess non Covid deaths, that came along by coincidence (according to some), nearly all came along in the Covid hotspots. ..."

Is the right terminology, even if you didn't mean it. Some of those deaths are COVID19 but weren't recorded as such, some of them are not COVID19 - but that doesn't mean that they didn't happen because of the virus.

The scientific advisors at the daily press conferences have been very clear about this over and over again, but some like the FT seem to be pretty much stuck on saying every excess death is "of COVID19" and not "because of COVID19", I'm sure they know exactly what the difference is - it goes back to what was previously mentioned about having a firm editorial policy and not moving from it.

The briefings including the hospital and ONS deaths - are exactly what they are described as. They explain exactly what they are, and they've explained about the other types of deaths caused by COVID19 indirectly. Do you think they should include the hospital deaths? And the ONS official death certificate count? And the difference between the 5 year average (the excess deaths)? As well as the hospital deaths, official deaths and excess deaths of every other country they include on their graphs?
At some point you've got to make a decision about how much information you include and given all this data is readily available anyway it doesn't seem a terrible decision to focus on the official figures on a weekly basis and leave the in depth analysis until later.

That reads almost like you think you’re lecturing me, quite odd at this stage of discussions. Given the Seb Payne article today, it might be time to move on from the idea that the FT have a one dimensional editorial position on this. I think the numbers are communicated very carefully so that people can go around with the idea that U.K. Covid death roll is around 20,000.

Check again with the actuary reports for a good understanding on what the fatalities classified as non Covid excess deaths probably died of.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 26, 2020, 09:37:15 PM »

My 91 year old gran tested positive for covid in hospital today.   Fingers crossed i am going to use the poker saying i hate but use my 'one time'.  Stay safe everyone and think about how what you do affects the elderly and vulnerable in society.   Everyone on blonde is smart enough to know that but never be afraid to lecture to the brain dead in society.

Fingers crossed for you and your gran mate 🤞, really hope she pulls through.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 26, 2020, 09:46:01 PM »

That reads almost like you think you’re lecturing me, quite odd at this stage of discussions. Given the Seb Payne article today, it might be time to move on from the idea that the FT have a one dimensional editorial position on this. I think the numbers are communicated very carefully so that people can go around with the idea that U.K. Covid death roll is around 20,000.

Check again with the actuary reports for a good understanding on what the fatalities classified as non Covid excess deaths probably died of.

Are you saying you do think that every excess death represents somebody who contracted COVID19, died from it, but didn't have COVID19 put on their death certificate?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 26, 2020, 09:47:36 PM »

Fingers crossed for you and your gran mate 🤞, really hope she pulls through.

Me too but i doubt she will she literally ticks every box possible for covid.   She was locked up safely at home but had a fall at home and an infection and had to go into hospital.   Hence the current situation.  I feel as much for my mum who has invested so much time and effort trying to keep her safe but a random fall at her age has forced a hospital trip.  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: