blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:31:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 354041 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: May 18, 2020, 08:02:25 PM »

and an interest in whether it’s a good thing to be governed by leading figures in the post truth post truth movement.

Kush, do not try to kid yourself, or anyone else, that you are still trying to form your view on the above.

You made a post a few pages back that implied you took a balanced view of these events (I can't remember the exact words & context, so apologies if that slightly misrepresents, but I remember it made me spit my coffee out).

I like the stuff you post, & read as much as I can of the links, but there is little doubt of it's starting point & direction.

Maybe it needed a sarcasm emoji, I kinda know it’s not great to have an incompetent, dishonest, lazy sack of shit as PM. By using economic impact and refined analysis of death tolls, I can still be completely objective in how I judge his measurable failings.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 08:09:51 PM by kukushkin88 » Logged
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: May 18, 2020, 08:13:09 PM »

and an interest in whether it’s a good thing to be governed by leading figures in the post truth post truth movement.

Kush, do not try to kid yourself, or anyone else, that you are still trying to form your view on the above.

You made a post a few pages back that implied you took a balanced view of these events (I can't remember the exact words & context, so apologies if that slightly misrepresents, but I remember it made me spit my coffee out).

I like the stuff you post, & read as much as I can of the links, but there is little doubt of it's starting point & direction.

Maybe it needed a sarcasm emoji, I kinda know it’s not great to have an incompetent, dishonest, lazy sack of shit as PM. By using economic impact and refined analysis of death tolls, I can still be completely objective in how I judge his measurable failings.

Maybe you can, but you definitely do not.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: May 18, 2020, 08:14:57 PM »

I kinda know it’s not great to have an incompetent, dishonest, lazy sack of shit as PM.

That's better.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: May 18, 2020, 08:23:01 PM »

I’m not sure how you can say this, show me an example of a measure that has been used, that is not a fair assessment. I’ve drawn attention to the mitigating circumstance of having the initial outbreak in London. I’ve tried to find economic/fatality measures that look less bad, there’s nothing can be done to the U.K (fatality) figures to make them look good any more.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: May 18, 2020, 08:58:42 PM »

I’m not sure how you can say this, show me an example of a measure that has been used, that is not a fair assessment. I’ve drawn attention to the mitigating circumstance of having the initial outbreak in London. I’ve tried to find economic/fatality measures that look less bad, there’s nothing can be done to the U.K (fatality) figures to make them look good any more.

Just not sure how objective you can be when you're calling people sacks of shit.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: May 18, 2020, 08:59:32 PM »

They are going down, and that must be a positive?  Just say to yourself at least we don't have Trump in charge.  See two easy positives.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2301 on: May 18, 2020, 09:03:03 PM »

Just not sure how objective you can be when you're calling people sacks of shit.

To be fair, he only called him one sack of shit.

No need to thank me.

The older I get, the better I was.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2302 on: May 18, 2020, 09:03:20 PM »

They are going down, and that must be a positive?  Just say to yourself at least we don't have Trump in charge.  See two easy positives.

Looks like Putin and Bolsonaro are trying to be worse.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: May 18, 2020, 09:15:25 PM »

Kush, you are fine as you are no need to try & be balanced.

My belief is that it's impossible for anyone with a political stance to be objective on anything that has a political element.
You add more to this thread than almost anyone else (Doobs, JonMW & Nirvana in the same bracket), & as long as there is a mix of opinions it is a great place for people like me to find out more.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: May 18, 2020, 09:30:06 PM »

My belief is that it's impossible for anyone with a political stance to be objective on anything that has a political element.
You add more to this thread than almost anyone else (Doobs, JonMW & Nirvana in the same bracket), & as long as there is a mix of opinions it is a great place for people like me to find out more.

👍 It’s been a good thread and it’s been good to hear your views/perspectives in the recent pages. The fact that I don’t like Boris (and to a lesser extent the Conservative party) doesn’t alter the situation. We have, objectively, one of the worst governments in the world at dealing with this problem.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: May 18, 2020, 10:11:09 PM »

An interesting thread, hard to argue with his conclusions:

https://twitter.com/chrisgiles_/status/1262392352439701513?s=21

Don't you find all this rather pointless. I don't think the analysis is helping to determine a better approach today and it's basically taking a punt on things that will be more meaningfully revealed in the fullness of time

I have time on my hands and an interest in whether it’s a good thing to be governed by leading figures in the post truth post truth movement. It can have application now. If you look at biggest % increase mortality of any nation, biggest proportion of deaths outside of hospital, biggest number of deaths of under 64 year olds etc, you might question things like....should I trust them about sending my children back to school or sending people back to work.

What would your policy on returning children to school be?

A gradual return from 1st June (subject to the R caveats) seems a sensible step.

Most reasonable people including a previous labour education secretary seem too agree.

WHO have said in countries where schools have remained open there is no evidence of infection hot spots.

It’s surely about a sensible balance of risk. Plenty of workers in this country are doing that day in day out.

And tonight, Tony Blair is latest to endorse opening schools as it’s based on evidence in his opinion.

Maybe, just maybe, the government are striking the right balance on this.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:28:25 PM by RickBFA » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: May 18, 2020, 10:30:57 PM »

An interesting thread, hard to argue with his conclusions:

https://twitter.com/chrisgiles_/status/1262392352439701513?s=21

Don't you find all this rather pointless. I don't think the analysis is helping to determine a better approach today and it's basically taking a punt on things that will be more meaningfully revealed in the fullness of time

I have time on my hands and an interest in whether it’s a good thing to be governed by leading figures in the post truth post truth movement. It can have application now. If you look at biggest % increase mortality of any nation, biggest proportion of deaths outside of hospital, biggest number of deaths of under 64 year olds etc, you might question things like....should I trust them about sending my children back to school or sending people back to work.

What would your policy on returning children to school be?

A gradual return from 1st June (subject to the R caveats) seems a sensible step.

Most reasonable people including a previous labour education secretary seem too agree.

WHO have said in countries where schools have remained open there is no evidence of infection hot spots.

It’s surely about a sensible balance of risk. Plenty of workers in this country are doing that day in day out.

And tonight, Tony Blair is latest to endorse opening school as it’s based on evidence in his opinion.

Maybe, just maybe, the government are striking the right balance on this.

Good evening

I’ll write a full reply tomorrow, I’m suddenly tired now. It’s an interesting one, both scientifically and politically. Especially, as you say, with Adonis, Blunkett and Blair getting involved.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: May 18, 2020, 11:43:08 PM »

👍 It’s been a good thread and it’s been good to hear your views/perspectives in the recent pages. The fact that I don’t like Boris (and to a lesser extent the Conservative party) doesn’t alter the situation. We have, objectively, one of the worst governments in the world at dealing with this problem.

I enjoy your posts too. I've learnt a lot from you and the others.

P.s. 1st order has finally been received  Wink

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: May 19, 2020, 08:05:17 AM »

👍 It’s been a good thread and it’s been good to hear your views/perspectives in the recent pages. The fact that I don’t like Boris (and to a lesser extent the Conservative party) doesn’t alter the situation. We have, objectively subjectively, one of the worst governments in the world at dealing with this problem.

FYP
All political judgements are subjective. Yours more than most  Smiley

NB I am not saying that you are wrong, merely pointing out that you can’t be objective in your assessment of anything that this government does.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2309 on: May 19, 2020, 08:23:09 AM »

I enjoy your posts too. I've learnt a lot from you and the others.

P.s. 1st order has finally been received  Wink

Are supermarkets showing interest in buying masks for their customers, packed in bags of 25 or something?

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: