blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:05:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353694 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2400 on: May 24, 2020, 11:31:38 AM »

BoJo’s lost his Mojo

Cummings is poisonous as far as c.99.5% of the country is concerned. Boris needs to terminate him to regain some level of public confidence IMO.

Circa 80% of the country couldn't give a flying one. Not even sure 50% could pick him out in a line-up.  I mean he can go if it makes people feel better but like Ferguson and the Scottish CMO's slightly more cut and dried 'breeches', it would be a victory for the pitchforkers again.

sola virtus nobilitat
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2401 on: May 24, 2020, 11:32:43 AM »

Saw a great comment on Twitter - ‘Boris Johnson sacking Cummings would be like Emu sacking Rod Hull’
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: May 24, 2020, 11:36:42 AM »

callous?

really?

It was exactly what people were told to do. stay away. Including funerals

Anyway, I have never known such an absent prime minister. And in a time of national crisis — it beggars belief.

He's done one daily briefing since his return. One pre-recorded TV appearance too.

Got rogered every Wednesday at PMQs

Apart from that? not exactly Chruchillian leadership is it?

Is it callous, imo, yes.

We all break guidelines and even laws with impunity a lot of the time so it's a bit silly to act like this is the only sacrosanct rule we should never break - borderline moronic tbf

its very simple. the brazen hypocrisy of one thing for all of us and one for him. People don’t like being taken for fools, especially when so many people have made huge sacrifices to do their best.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: May 24, 2020, 11:49:04 AM »

callous?

really?

Anyway, I have never known such an absent prime minister. And in a time of national crisis — it beggars belief.

He's done one daily briefing since his return. One pre-recorded TV appearance too.

Is it callous, imo, yes.

We all break guidelines and even laws with impunity a lot of the time so it's a bit silly to act like this is the only sacrosanct rule we should never break - borderline moronic tbf

its very simple. the brazen hypocrisy of one thing for all of us and one for him. People don’t like being taken for fools, especially when so many people have made huge sacrifices to do their best.

Aye, potentially it is hypocritical, but that's like saying he's a person - ie everyone is a hypocrite.

I feel like I have a small investment in hoping he stays as he's accrued some goodwill from me - but I'll get over that when he eventually goes.

Can't help thinking glass houses about the whole thing when I see a raft of people losing their minds about it, when their daily lives may involve breeching guidelines on drinking too much, taking drugs, eating too much, speeding, smoking, all of which have a cost to society . Fkn hypocrites

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: May 24, 2020, 11:57:24 AM »

Can't help thinking glass houses about the whole thing when I see a raft of people losing their minds about it, when their daily lives may involve breeching guidelines on drinking too much, taking drugs, eating too much, speeding, smoking, all of which have a cost to society . Fkn hypocrites

None of the examples you mention provoke the same emotional reaction as a Stay at home edict that prevents people seeing their families, or grieving for them in the way they would wish. Hence the huge cut through for this breach, even before we consider the completely ludicrous way the government chose to crisis manage it yesterday.

My eyes are open wide
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: May 24, 2020, 12:21:07 PM »

Twiitter full of people with stories along the lines. 'My (insert relative) was critically ill/dying at home and I didn't go and see them, I'm enraged'.

I wouldn't be publishing how callous I am just to make some point about Cummings.

This is an awful post.

Blue text
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: May 24, 2020, 12:24:25 PM »

None of the examples you mention provoke the same emotional reaction as a Stay at home edict that prevents people seeing their families, or grieving for them in the way they would wish. Hence the huge cut through for this breach, even before we consider the completely ludicrous way the government chose to crisis manage it yesterday.

There isn't huge cut through though and people could make their own decisions
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 12:27:40 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: May 24, 2020, 12:25:55 PM »

Twiitter full of people with stories along the lines. 'My (insert relative) was critically ill/dying at home and I didn't go and see them, I'm enraged'.

I wouldn't be publishing how callous I am just to make some point about Cummings.

This is an awful post.

What don't you like. Don't just be a hater

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: May 24, 2020, 12:27:28 PM »

There isn't huge cut through though

oh, I am pretty sure there is (anecdotally), and its not just limited to the twitter chattering classes

My 22 year old apolitical lad mentioned to me umprompted this morning and more importantly all over the press conference, nightly news etc etc

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: May 24, 2020, 12:29:32 PM »

There isn't huge cut through though

oh, I am pretty sure there is (anecdotally), and its not just limited to the twitter chattering classes

My 22 year old apolitical lad mentioned to me umprompted this morning and more importantly all over the press conference, nightly news etc etc

Disagree. He'll probably go but if ignored, in a few days we'll have moved on to some other thing to whine about. Be quite sure of that

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: May 24, 2020, 12:32:35 PM »

So much faux moral indignation around over nothing.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: May 24, 2020, 12:45:09 PM »

This is an awful post.

What don't you like. Don't just be a hater

The bit calling people callous for following the law. Imagine saying that to someone you know.

Also I wasn't aware the law was somehow optional and it was up to us to pick and choose how we wish to apply it.

Blue text
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: May 24, 2020, 01:21:38 PM »

So much faux moral indignation around over nothing.

nothing?

in the midst of a pandemic - with the death toll exceeding 55k already - the prime minister hase chosen to tear up hisr own, oft repeated as vital, public health messaging in order to save Dominic Cummings.

That strikes you as nothing?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:23:26 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: May 24, 2020, 01:24:34 PM »

callous?

really?

Is it callous, imo, yes.

Exactly this. Could not be MORE hypocritical. Do as I say,not as I do. All animals are equal...

It's an absolute joke if you ask me and he should have tendered as soon as it broke.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: May 24, 2020, 01:29:12 PM »

Cummings should really know that whatever the morals/hypocrisy, what really matters is perception and damage to the Government.

If the first trip wasn’t bad enough, the other reported sightings are the nail in the coffin.

If Boris wants to keep Joe Public on side, he has to go.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: