blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:22:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353712 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: May 23, 2020, 12:39:04 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52779356

Looks like Boris under pressure on this one.

Bound to be pressure for Cummings to go.

That is barely believable.  Why would you even think of going to see your folks when you know you have Coronovirus?  He is about my age, so his folks must be pretty old and vulnerable.  I don't even think the rules come into it, just try and behave like  a human.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: May 23, 2020, 07:20:56 AM »

I personally think it's time to let the majority back to work and play.

Anyone in a low risk group can go back to work and get the economy moving again meaning the higher risk group can maybe have their furlough pay extended long enough to get through this.

I'd be more than happy taking my chances. At the same time I know of people who wouldn't and with very good reason. Why not let me go back to work so I can generate some tax to help others?

I understand that there would still be some hospitalised from my 'low risk' group but it won't be enough to cripple the NHS.

Keep the vulnerable at home fully supported with furlough or whatever support is needed and let the fit go to work and support them.

This is pretty much my view too
Protect the vulnerable
Rest of us get on with it slowly and carefully .
Businesses are going to the wall daily - shearing coach firm ,so if the elderly survive they are now fkd for going on coach trips
Hertz being mentioned - but also mentioned is their massive debt mountain ,surely this isn’t all down to corona .?
merely their inability to service the debt ?
Caused by a downturn

We went for a retest yesterday fingers crossed iM negative

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: May 23, 2020, 01:11:44 PM »

Lots of modelling of Covid19 by state in the US

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/mrc-gida/2020-05-21-COVID19-Report-23.pdf

Looks like Texas is the place to look at for the future effect of linited shutdown?

I saw this article which shows that Florida effectively shut down long before the State mandated it.  I saw something similar for the UK, but don't think it was near what seems to have happened in Florida.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/05/10/how-florida-slowed-coronavirus-everyone-stayed-home-before-they-were-told-to/

This shows that people are effectively making many of the shutdown decisions, not Governments. This backs the Nirvana hypothesis that many people can make up their own minds pretty well on what is sensible.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: May 23, 2020, 01:45:59 PM »

The cabinet falling into line to defend Cummings is shameful. The health secretary now saying it was ok to not follow the rules. This can't be allowed to go on surely?

Blue text
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2389 on: May 23, 2020, 01:49:43 PM »

The cabinet falling into line to defend Cummings is shameful. The health secretary now saying it was ok to not follow the rules. This can't be allowed to go on surely?

He must be either an unbelievable talent so good they can't let him go at any cost, or that motherfucker knows where the bodies are buried.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: May 23, 2020, 03:58:04 PM »

Hmm, Ladbrokes.....

Cummings to still be in post on June 1st 2020    1/3

Cummings to have left post as Senior Advisor to PM by end May 2020     2/1
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: May 23, 2020, 04:34:55 PM »

Hmm, Ladbrokes.....

Cummings to still be in post on June 1st 2020    1/3

Cummings to have left post as Senior Advisor to PM by end May 2020     2/1

I saw the Starsports odds earlier and they were much the same.   Seems everybody else misinterpreted the advice except Cummings.  Astonishing he ever got the job in the first place given he had already been found in contempt of parliament.  Even the Daily Mail and The Sun arr sgainst him.  The Conservative Ministers all synchronising their messages from about Cummings was a sight to behold.   Ferguson had to resign for much less risky behaviour and he wasn't even in Government. 

Hilarious they needed help looking after one child when there were two of them, they are clearly not short of a wage and they were living in one of the easiest places to get deliveries in the World.   

Hope every Minister they put up gets slaughtered over this.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: May 23, 2020, 07:49:17 PM »

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-dominic-cummings-must-go/

The Spectator putting the boot in now.   

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: May 23, 2020, 07:59:07 PM »

Second expose tonight of another trip to Durham and a trip 30 miles away when there.

Top bins journalism after cabinet ministers all defend the indefensible all day

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: May 23, 2020, 09:48:37 PM »

Second expose tonight of another trip to Durham and a trip 30 miles away when there.

Top bins journalism after cabinet ministers all defend the indefensible all day

He should sack him quickly as this isn’t going to go away.

Unfortunately Boris will probably dig his heels in.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: May 24, 2020, 10:04:01 AM »

Retested Friday at 1630
Results arrived simultaneously at2140 last night ( Saturday) by text and e mail both of us negative
Phew 😅
I was worried by the whole thing ,catching it , I got it with virtually no symptoms,then just as quickly it’s gone
Does that mean I’m immune now ?
Watch this space
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: May 24, 2020, 10:17:15 AM »

Twitter full of people with stories along the lines. 'My (insert relative) was critically ill/dying at home and I didn't go and see them, I'm enraged'.

I wouldn't be publishing how callous I am just to make some point about Cummings.

If my mum had been dying at home I can say with 100% confidence I would have visited and spent time with her, not sure how anyone could make a different decision based on some kind of madness that made you exhibit some level of super obedience to guidelines

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: May 24, 2020, 11:22:45 AM »

callous?

really?

It was exactly what people were told to do. stay away. Including funerals

Anyway, I have never known such an absent prime minister. And in a time of national crisis — it beggars belief.

He's done one daily briefing since his return. One pre-recorded TV appearance too.

Got rogered every Wednesday at PMQs

Apart from that? not exactly Chruchillian leadership is it?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: May 24, 2020, 11:27:19 AM »

BoJo’s lost his Mojo

Cummings is poisonous as far as c.99.5% of the country is concerned. Boris needs to terminate him to regain some level of public confidence IMO.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: May 24, 2020, 11:27:53 AM »

callous?

really?

It was exactly what people were told to do. stay away. Including funerals

Anyway, I have never known such an absent prime minister. And in a time of national crisis — it beggars belief.

He's done one daily briefing since his return. One pre-recorded TV appearance too.

Got rogered every Wednesday at PMQs

Apart from that? not exactly Chruchillian leadership is it?

Is it callous, imo, yes.

We all break guidelines and even laws with impunity a lot of the time so it's a bit silly to act like this is the only sacrosanct rule we should never break - borderline moronic tbf

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: