blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:51:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 357631 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2595 on: May 28, 2020, 02:36:37 PM »

I really enjoy your posts kukushkin88.  Think you and Doobs have provided really great posts, analysis, links throughout.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks 🙏, I have enjoyed contributing to this thread. If I stop, it won’t be down to the complaining of people who hold different values to me.

On a slightly related note. If people want, I am happy to stop calling Boris . Maybe with a minor explanation for why I think it’s OK but am willing to bow to the views of others on it.

FYI If you click 'additional options' and then 'don't use smileys it won't read DS Jack of Diamomds.

I decided to go with ‘jack of diamonds’, as regs would know what I meant but there’d be a reduced likelihood of causing offence to (potentially sensitive) newcomers.

I see.

My apologies.

The older I get, the better I was.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: May 28, 2020, 03:03:43 PM »

Just to say any politics followers on Twitter should follow @meggiefoster

Clever and funny.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: May 28, 2020, 03:35:33 PM »

I really enjoy your posts kukushkin88.  Think you and Doobs have provided really great posts, analysis, links throughout.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks 🙏, I have enjoyed contributing to this thread. If I stop, it won’t be down to the complaining of people who hold different values to me.

On a slightly related note. If people want, I am happy to stop calling Boris . Maybe with a minor explanation for why I think it’s OK but am willing to bow to the views of others on it.

I’m not sure what it means (or if it’s or DS?).

I think you should post what you want to (as long as it doesn’t cross the line) - other peoples issue if they don’t like your view.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: May 28, 2020, 03:36:44 PM »

Might have been a minor breach........time to move on thank goodness.

Durham Police;

On 27 March 2020, Dominic Cummings drove to Durham to self-isolate in a property owned by his father.

Durham Constabulary does not consider that by locating himself at his father’s premises, Mr Cummings committed an offence contrary to regulation 6 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020. (We are concerned here with breaches of the Regulations, not the general Government guidance to “stay at home”.)

On 12 April 2020, Mr Cummings drove approximately 26 miles from his father’s property to Barnard Castle with his wife and son. He stated on 25 May 2020 that the purpose of this drive was to test his resilience to drive to London the following day, including whether his eyesight was sufficiently recovered, his period of self-isolation having ended.

Durham Constabulary have examined the circumstances surrounding the journey to Barnard Castle (including ANPR, witness evidence and a review of Mr Cummings’ press conference on 25 May 2020) and have concluded that there might have been a minor breach of the Regulations that would have warranted police intervention. Durham Constabulary view this as minor because there was no apparent breach of social distancing.

Had a Durham Constabulary police officer stopped Mr Cummings driving to or from Barnard Castle, the officer would have spoken to him, and, having established the facts, likely advised Mr Cummings to return to the address in Durham, providing advice on the dangers of travelling during the pandemic crisis. Had this advice been accepted by Mr Cummings, no enforcement action would have been taken.

In line with Durham Constabulary’s general approach throughout the pandemic, there is no intention to take retrospective action in respect of the Barnard Castle incident since this would amount to treating Mr Cummings differently from other members of the public. Durham Constabulary has not taken retrospective action against any other person.

By way of further context, Durham Constabulary has followed Government guidance on management of alleged breaches of the regulations with the emphasis on the NPCC and College of Policing 4Es: Engage, Explain and Encourage before Enforcement.

Finally, commentary in the media has suggested that Mr Cummings was in Durham on 19 April 2020. Mr Cummings denies this and Durham Constabulary have seen insufficient evidence to support this allegation. Therefore Durham Constabulary will take no further action in this matter and has informed Mr Cummings of this decision.

Or maybe.........

A lawyer says:
(long thread warning. cliffs: the correct action from Durham Police (In the opinion of this lawyer) but no dispute that Durham Police consider that he breached the rules)

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1265987139327725573?s=21

Cummings should definitely go if he's gotten away without receiving police advice

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: May 28, 2020, 03:38:00 PM »

I really enjoy your posts kukushkin88.  Think you and Doobs have provided really great posts, analysis, links throughout.  Keep up the good work.

I think you should post what you want to (as long as it doesn’t cross the line) - other peoples issue if they don’t like your view.

Agreed, I complete the DT cryptic crossword every Saturday but had never figured out what the Jack of Diamonds meant.

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: May 28, 2020, 03:43:10 PM »

Agreed, I complete the DT cryptic crossword every Saturday but had never figured out what the Jack of Diamonds meant.

This made me smile. It’s Dipshit Johnson, DeeJay (in my mind), . I thought it was obvious 😊.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: May 28, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »

This made me smile. It’s Dipshit Johnson, DeeJay (in my mind), . I thought it was obvious 😊.

It really wasn't.

I assumed it was a persistent typo.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: May 28, 2020, 04:13:57 PM »

It really wasn't.

I assumed it was a persistent typo.

😊 It’s funny, brief derail, I’ll keep it short(ish)... As a younger man, I might reasonably have been called narcissistic. I would treat people as though they should understand what was going on in my head, even when they couldn’t possibly know on the information I’d given them, I’d then blame misunderstandings on them. At the time it didn’t seem to cause issues, it looked like/manifested as arrogance/confidence and people respond well to that on the whole. With hindsight, it’s horrifying (especially thinking of ex gf’s) and I was definitely a bit of a prick. This is a rare (recently) and minor example of expecting people to know exactly what is happening in my mind, when I haven’t given enough information.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: May 28, 2020, 05:37:32 PM »

Wow. Boris Johnson blocks Prof Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance from answering questions on Dominic Cummings from LK and RP

PM says it’s a political matter, but surely a scientific and medical one too? Astonishing.

Sam Coates then piles in, saying the scientists can shake their head or nod to his question if they are gagged!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: May 28, 2020, 05:40:16 PM »

Such an extraordinary own goal by Johnson. It's perfectly possible Whitty and Vallance would have said they didn't want to talk about individuals. But this will fuel the suspicion he knows they are unhappy at Cummings' conduct on public health messaging.

The fact is that whenever Whitty and Vallance are next on their own - away from the PM - they will asked about Cummings or Cummings-style breaches.
He can't chaperone them 24/7.

And if they refuse to comment at all, their independence really will be even more undermined.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: May 28, 2020, 06:13:18 PM »

I think that the media are overestimating the person on the street’s continuing interest in this subject.
The events will have damaged Johnson’s / the governments standing with some, & they may not return and time in the foreseeable future.

However, a continued pursuance will unlikely have any further effect, & will not see the media in a great light.

I didn’t see all of the questioning but I thought D J came across well tonight in the initial presentation.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: May 28, 2020, 06:27:28 PM »

I think that the media are overestimating the person on the street’s continuing interest in this subject.
The events will have damaged Johnson’s / the governments standing with some, & they may not return and time in the foreseeable future.

However, a continued pursuance will unlikely have any further effect, & will not see the media in a great light.

I didn’t see all of the questioning but I thought D J came across well tonight in the initial presentation.

What he did, directly and comprehensively undermines the most important public health message of the next several weeks. Sadly for people who don’t want to hear about it any more, the Cummings problem isn’t going anywhere.

A decent article in The Spectator:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-isn-t-fit-to-lead
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:29:04 PM by kukushkin88 » Logged
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: May 28, 2020, 06:38:20 PM »

What he did, directly and comprehensively undermines the most important public health message of the next several weeks. Sadly for people who don’t want to hear about it any more, the Cummings problem isn’t going anywhere.

It may not be going away for the media & people who are deeply invested against the government but I would be fairly confident that for the majority it is much less important now than those groups would like to believe.

If the infection / death rate spikes up & it is linked to this then that’s different but unless / until, those groups are increasingly talking to themselves.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: May 28, 2020, 06:45:03 PM »

It may not be going away for the media & people who are deeply invested against the government but I would be fairly confident that for the majority it is much less important now than those groups would like to believe.

If the infection / death rate spikes up & it is linked to this then that’s different but unless / until, those groups are increasingly talking to themselves.

We’ll disagree on that I guess. The people who are ‘deeply invested against the government’ are kind of an irrelevance. It’s hard to see them changing their minds based on individual details, within a response that overall is so obviously a massive clusterfuck.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: May 28, 2020, 06:55:17 PM »

'The people who are ‘deeply invested against the government’ are kind of an irrelevance.'

I think we can both agree on that.

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: