blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:43:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 354173 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: June 25, 2020, 10:14:31 PM »

Certainly not anti science. The science is clear that lots of old people die if they catch this. Nature nature. What can you do

A proper analysis (think actuaries and public health experts) tells a different story. You are a bit anti-science, being a climate change sceptic, for example.

In terms of what can you do, loads of nations demonstrated exactly what you can do.

Climate change is undeniable. History shows that as an absolute FACT

Anthropogenic climate change (my mistake).

I don't question if people have an impact on climate change any more than I question if corona viruses kill a lot of people.

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: June 25, 2020, 10:36:10 PM »

Certainly not anti science. The science is clear that lots of old people die if they catch this. Nature nature. What can you do

A proper analysis (think actuaries and public health experts) tells a different story. You are a bit anti-science, being a climate change sceptic, for example.

In terms of what can you do, loads of nations demonstrated exactly what you can do.

I don't question if people have an impact on climate change any more than I question if corona viruses kill a lot of people.

So you’re saying it’s the level of impact that you’re sceptical about? Or you’re no longer a sceptic?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: June 25, 2020, 10:52:50 PM »

https://twitter.com/MarkFrancois12/status/1276042411584770049?s=09

Sure some of you have seen this guy on twitter. Find him very funny. Subtle raging against the machine.

Love him. One of the cleverest Twitterers around.

Pepperami, bed.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: June 26, 2020, 12:03:53 AM »

So you’re saying it’s the level of impact that you’re sceptical about? Or you’re no longer a sceptic?

Are you Cathy Newman, are you though ?

sola virtus nobilitat
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: June 26, 2020, 08:49:02 AM »

If I walk into a hospice tooled up with a couple of AR 15s, and have a little shooting spree, I dpon't think I should be charged with murder because the people affected were going to die soon anyway.

Just as nonsensical as suggesting covid isn't killing people.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: June 26, 2020, 09:53:09 AM »

If I walk into a hospice tooled up with a couple of AR 15s, and have a little shooting spree, I dpon't think I should be charged with murder because the people affected were going to die soon anyway.

Just as nonsensical as suggesting covid isn't killing people.

But that's not what I said at all so pipe down big fella

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: June 26, 2020, 05:09:37 PM »

Maskers are the greatest Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: June 30, 2020, 10:51:45 PM »

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1277756961455366144.html

Young girl in Vegas that had it, and by all accounts perfectly healthy.

Sounds fun  Shocked

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: June 30, 2020, 11:39:55 PM »

Guess Kuku is busy, but this is worth reading

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1277960112691273728

The UK government’s published numbers of new cases at local authority level only include pillar 1 and *not* pillar 2 cases, meaning as many as 90% of new cases are missing from the data

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: July 01, 2020, 09:41:21 AM »

Guess Kuku is busy, but this is worth reading

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1277960112691273728

The UK government’s published numbers of new cases at local authority level only include pillar 1 and *not* pillar 2 cases, meaning as many as 90% of new cases are missing from the data

I have been pretty sceptical in the past about talk of young people been less likely to catch it, but isn't this just a precursor of what happens in September when schools reopen to all with minimal social distancing?  There is some data in those FT links, but more here.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/06/30/leicester-has-unusually-high-incidence-of-covid-in-children-minister-says/

Public Health England (PHE) said that the proportion of people aged under 19 testing positive for the virus in Leicester had risen from 5% in mid-May to a current level of around 15%.

If people of any age are together inside for long periods and somebody has Covid19 in the room, then there is a good chance it spreads.  They have the data from around the World from outbreaks at meat packing plants, bars, churches, choirs etc.  You can clearly extend this to pubs indoors on Saturday. 

All these pictures of beaches from unflattering angles are missing where we should be focussing?  (this doesn't absolve those scumbags who leave them in a right state obv)

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: July 01, 2020, 11:03:12 AM »

Thanks for the updates Doobs🙏. I’ve been keeping an eye on things but have been very busy, things looking up health wise for me but waiting on scan results. I feel great, so hard to imagine it’ll be bad news.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: July 03, 2020, 01:43:47 PM »

a 6am re-open for pubs tomorrow is stupefyingly daft isn't it?

starting on a Saturday was odd enough, but people are going to be in a state with no chance of acting responsibly?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: July 03, 2020, 02:37:37 PM »

Lol! Madness.

Only place I'm going before my next infusion, is the barbers. As much as I'm in need of one,  I'm leaving that until next week when the mania dies down a bit.

Thanks for the updates Doobs🙏. I’ve been keeping an eye on things but have been very busy, things looking up health wise for me but waiting on scan results. I feel great, so hard to imagine it’ll be bad news.

Glad all is on the up, and fingers crossed for the scans, mate.

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: July 03, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »

starting on a Saturday was odd enough, but people are going to be in a state with no chance of acting responsibly?

They're doing as much as they can to set up the public to take the blame when it all goes to shit. I can't see what else the strategy can be.

Blue text
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: July 03, 2020, 03:17:17 PM »

They're doing as much as they can to set up the public to take the blame when it all goes to shit. I can't see what else the strategy can be.

‘spoons do a surprisingly good value breakfast...

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: