blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:18:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353711 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4350 on: June 19, 2021, 02:15:39 PM »

Here's a good one on Ivor, by a fellow Irishman https://twitter.com/gregfoley2002/status/1406113532853329924

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: June 19, 2021, 10:54:07 PM »

They've already amended the Springsteen concert to FDA (and WHO) approved vacciness

https://www.jujamcyn.com/springsteenfaq/#covid19

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: June 21, 2021, 03:29:00 PM »

James Ward just posted a really good thread on the coming months expectations.

https://pingthread.com/thread/1406978310022774788

That's in a longform if you don't want to read 100 tweets Smiley

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: June 21, 2021, 08:21:16 PM »

Thought you meant the British tennis player then and got excited and clicked on it  Sad

Marky147

View Profile
!
« Reply #4354 on: June 21, 2021, 08:29:25 PM »

Thought you meant the British tennis player then and got excited and clicked on it  Sad

Ha!

Sorry to disappoint you, mate Sad

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: June 22, 2021, 01:48:14 PM »

It seems pretty clear that Billy Gilmour shouldn't be playing in Scotland's game tonight, but how the heck have Scotland not found any close contacts?  I can just about get why they wouldn't isolate the whoel squad, and I get why you wouldn't worry too much about those who played football with him on an outside pitch ... but surely at the least you isolate those who sat next to him in the changing room (and presumably he eats at least some meals with ohers)?  They didn't find any close contacts when John Fleck tested positive either, so they have a bit of form on this.

It seems distinctly that the England players weren't breathing heavily at half time and full time, but Gilmour put a proper shift in  .

Alternative Covid twitter is asking why their kids need to isolate when Gilmour's teammates aren't, when surely they are looking at it the wrong way round?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: June 22, 2021, 03:18:26 PM »

It seems pretty clear that Billy Gilmour shouldn't be playing in Scotland's game tonight, but how the heck have Scotland not found any close contacts?  I can just about get why they wouldn't isolate the whoel squad, and I get why you wouldn't worry too much about those who played football with him on an outside pitch ... but surely at the least you isolate those who sat next to him in the changing room (and presumably he eats at least some meals with ohers)?  They didn't find any close contacts when John Fleck tested positive either, so they have a bit of form on this.

It seems distinctly that the England players weren't breathing heavily at half time and full time, but Gilmour put a proper shift in  .

Alternative Covid twitter is asking why their kids need to isolate when Gilmour's teammates aren't, when surely they are looking at it the wrong way round?

I'm so over anything like this now, as they're so wishy washy about everything.

Not even watching Campbell now, as he's gone onto the Ivermectin express with Tess Lawrie, the grifting old bat.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: June 23, 2021, 03:39:22 PM »

Another Wednesday, and another big shrug at the "Third Wave".

Starting with deaths, which is where thos weekly update started.  Another week has passed and there has been no increase in deaths at all.  There may be a lag in some of the data, but we are still seeing only 6 deaths a day on average and that has been the case for a fortnight now.  At this level it seems that "excess" deaths may stay below zero for some time.

Hospitalisations are up to an average of 150 a day over the latest week I can see, which is slightly up on the 125 I reported last week.  It has been over 180 for the last couple of days but that still isn't massive, and doesn't suggest there will be mases of deaths in the next couple of weeks.

Cases have been increasing by about 40% a week.  We have seen several days above 7,000 a day, but none above 8,000 in the last week.     

So overall things are getting a bit worse, but not massively so. 

Hello, its Wednesday, woohoo.

Another Wednesday where nothing much happens.

Deaths are still rising a bit, but that is all it is.  27 deaths were reported yesterday, but that was mostly just delayed deaths from the weekend; average deaths were still less than 10 a day in England this time last week.

Hospitalisations.  They are now up to 200 a day, from 150 or so the week before, so up about a third on the week.  As the average age is much lower this time, then there isn't going to be a big surge in deaths nezt week.

Cases.  No excitement here either.  They are probably still increasing at 20% or so a week over the last week or so, hence the increase has definitely been slowing down.  Zoe app has R down at 1.1

Deaths will probably carry on drifting up for a few more weeks, as they catch up with the current hospitalisations and cases.  There seems no reason at all for not going to stage 4 next month.  Other than a nagging worry about the long term effects of Covid on our kids (who are going to be at higher risk of Covid for some time), I don't really see much harm in confirming it now. 

Though I dislike UEFA liggers as much as the next man, then I can't get too excited about them rocking up at Wembley.  Given the vaccination status of the majority of adults here, these people are likely to be a bigger danger to their own countries than ours.  Hope they get theiir fair share of opprobrium when they return home.

Somebody asked about the USA the other day, their cases look to have levelled off, as the delta variant spreads (now up to 20% or so cases).  I think it is safe to say that they will get a third wave like ours, given their vaccination progress is lagging ours by a few weeks.

Hopefully we'll all be fine, and none of us will be members of the unlucky few going forward. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: June 23, 2021, 03:59:59 PM »

That's all we need... Rogan having Pierre Kory on his podcast  Roll Eyes

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: June 23, 2021, 04:13:54 PM »

Hopefully this will answer whether he was right or not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57570377

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: June 23, 2021, 04:19:19 PM »

It won't, lol.

They'll find some way around it to keep the grift going. Even when it's almost certain there will be no tangible benefit shown.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: June 23, 2021, 04:32:52 PM »

It won't, lol.

They'll find some way around it to keep the grift going. Even when it's almost certain there will be no tangible benefit shown.

I'd like to know for sure, and my view remains, there may well be something in it.  It is good to be open-minded, but I'd say that it is really unlikely to be as effective as many think.  If it saves 20%, is safe, and is cheap to produce then that will be really good result. 

I don't know what they all do after this is effectively over, suppose they can eventually get Clare Path's death audit started?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: June 23, 2021, 05:09:57 PM »

It won't, lol.

I'd like to know for sure, and my view remains, there may well be something in it.  It is good to be open-minded, but I'd say that it is really unlikely to be as effective as many think.  If it saves 20%, is safe, and is cheap to produce then that will be really good result. 

I don't know what they all do after this is effectively over, suppose they can eventually get Clare Path's death audit started?

Most certainly, but they need to do a big independent RCT like this.

Not loads of tiny and flawed ones, which the likes if Pierre Kory and Tess Lawrie use to grift with FLCCC & BIRD Group.

Hopefully it is, and it'll be another bullet in the gun.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: June 23, 2021, 10:57:12 PM »

Never come across the chap before, but this is a good piece.

https://lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v43/n13/rupert-beale/on-the-delta-variant

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: June 24, 2021, 09:38:37 PM »

Never come across the chap before, but this is a good piece.

https://lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v43/n13/rupert-beale/on-the-delta-variant

Yep, pretty good Marky.  Something the article doesn't mention is how much younger the population is in India, so if it devastates India, it could make a real mess of countires with elderly populations and low vaccination take up.   

It is going to be pretty grim in many places away from our shores.  It isn't just very poor countries either, a lot of the early "successful" countries in Asia have ageing populations and have had a slow vaccine roll out.

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: