blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC  (Read 69927 times)
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2007, 09:57:03 PM »

I can't say that I sit easily with conversations of the type that are happening on here happening whilst a trial is still in progress (the court hasn't yet made it's ruling - so it is technically still in progress), and as people have been giving information that could be construed by the court as impinging on the integrity of the trial (tenuous I know - but you wouldn't want to be the people that made the trial fall over would you?). I'd suggest to the mods and owners to be very careful about what is allowed to be discussed on here, and even what stays on here. Am I talking out of thin air? No, and anyone that knows me knows that I know what I am talking about (some of you probably grudgingly admit that - not that I am bothered, to be honest).

It's awful, shocking and nasty. Having to deal with a predator in the midst of a community is never anything short of horrific, and if it is someone that you know on a personal level then it does leave you feeling shocked, hurt, sickened and a bit like a fool to have "not realised".

You can't tell though, 92% of convicted predators have NEVER had a criminal conviction or even a police warning - looks like Mikky was a bit of a stats breaker there.

I've been in this situation twice - people I know have been discovered to be predators. There's always a lot of soul searching going on, and then anger, and then incredulation.

A large part of my job is to find and prevent predators from infiltrating the website I work for. I am specially trained. Did I see it in this case? No.

Blonde is strong. Look after each other in this horrible time. 

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2007, 09:59:06 PM »

Heid, i thought i read he had been convicted and proven guilty to serve 6 yrs

Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2007, 10:00:51 PM »

I can't say that I sit easily with conversations of the type that are happening on here happening whilst a trial is still in progress (the court hasn't yet made it's ruling - so it is technically still in progress)

He has been convicted and sentenced...

"A 29-YEAR-OLD man was jailed for six years yesterday for abusing two boys.

There were shouts of "scum" as Michael Thomas was led from the dock at the High Court in Edinburgh to start his prison sentence.

Lord Hodge told Thomas: "Your behaviour towards these children was wholly unacceptable and will cause lasting damage.

"You are assessed as posing a high risk of reoffending and a high risk of harm."

He ordered Thomas to be put on the sex offenders' register and kept under supervision for a further six years after his release. "

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2007, 10:01:06 PM »

20 March 2007
PERVERT JAILED FOR ATTACKS ON BOYS
A 29-YEAR-OLD man was jailed for six years yesterday for abusing two boys.

There were shouts of "scum" as Michael Thomas was led from the dock at the High Court in Edinburgh to start his prison sentence.

Lord Hodge told Thomas: "Your behaviour towards these children was wholly unacceptable and will cause lasting damage.

"You are assessed as posing a high risk of reoffending and a high risk of harm."

He ordered Thomas to be put on the sex offenders' register and kept under supervision for a further six years after his release.

Thomas assaulted and sexually abused the boys at a flat in Paisley and an address in Lanarkshire in 2005 and last year.

One victim told how Thomas put his feet around his neck, effectively choking him.

The other boy said he pushed his head into a sink of water and slapped him on the leg with a wire.

After the abuse was reported to police, officers seized a computer from Thomas's home in Lesmahagow, Lanarkshire, and found 13 indecent pictures of children.

Thomas pleaded guilty and his lawyer, Frank Gallagher, told the court: "He fully appreciates there is no alternative but to impose a substantial custodial sentence."

Last night the boys' mother said her sons had been "traumatised" by Thomas, who yelled "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" at her outside court.

She said the boys were now seeing psychologists and had started wetting their beds.

She said: "This man stole a big part of my kids' lives. I don't think six years is enough. He should be spending at least 10 years in jail."

Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2007, 10:03:44 PM »

Was it Maureen? The report I read from the top of the thread was that the judge was taking leave to get reports before sentencing?

If that's the case, then legally it's a more open route to let people say what they want - wide open in fact. But I'd still suggest caution for allowing people to hope he gets the shite kicked out of him in prison - if he was injured - again it could be used in court, certainly if the person saying it was known to him.

My feelings on the above are not relevant in this.. I am merely being objective.

Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2007, 10:04:51 PM »

See.. that's what happens when you lot make sucj big threads.. takes me ages to read em .. the courts move faster than I read!

Eyeofsauron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2007, 11:55:16 PM »

Thankfully, I haven't had any dealings with this individual on Blonde.

All I can say is I know what it's like from the victim's point of view. When I was nine years old, I was kidnapped, beaten, and very nearly raped. The guy who did this was 16 years old at the time. One image I always remember is having a knife thrown at my head, and managing to duck just in time as it smashed into a television behind me. He also threated and twice attempted to kill me. Luckily, I managed to escape after about three hours of this constant abuse. There wasn't a single part of my body that wasn't covered in bruises. I was too embarrassed to tell my parents the full extent of my ordeal. These days, I'm much more open about what happened. For his crime, my attacker got six months in a youth prison, whilst I've had to live with the emotional scars it has left for the rest of my life. It's probably the main reason why I'm wary of strangers and rarely make an effort to make new friends. He's the only person in the world, who if I met again face to face, I would kill in an instant. And I wouldn't need a knife to do it.

MickkyT only gets six years for his actions. The children and families he's hurt have to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives.

My poker diary can be found at: http://eyeofsauron.blogspot.com/
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2007, 01:07:08 AM »

Hello Everyone, I have only just been informed about this thread, I have read through it and thought I better explain myself, I knew this day would come sooner or later. Please try to bear with me whilst I come to terms with it myself...

As most of you know I was close to Mikky during Sept/Oct 2006. I visited him at his house and believed he was a good friend, and a good person. I noticed he'd been offline for a while at the end of Oct and he called me from prison telling me he'd been accused of HURTING the children, he told me he was drunk and didn't have a story so he didn't know what he'd done. He said the kids had got up one morning and gone straight to their Grans and then she came to pick up his daughter too. Then he was arrested.

He wrote to me a few times and said his Nan was ill, he asked me to tell you, the blonde forum, that he was visiting her in Liverpool. As his friend, I stupidly tried to protect him and only confided in a few close friends about it. I asked for advice and they said that all I could do was wait for the truth to come out and deal with the consequences.

I thought those consequences would be along the lines of "Poppet is a liar"... I never, in my wildest dreams thought that I would ever be accused of covering up for a dirty child abuser. Maybe it's natural to think that of me? But I am telling you all now, I would never ever cover up for anyone, even if I was madly in love with someone. Child abuse is not acceptable, or in any way forgiveable... I know, because I experienced it when I was 5 years old and remember it vividly.

So I can imagine how those poor children feel, and unfortunately, it will probably haunt them forever, which is why I believe Mikky deserves longer inside.

It sickens me to think that I stayed at his house, and even used the computer that had digusting hidden images somewhere on it. I was stupid, foolish and naive...and I wish I had never met the guy.

I am no longer in contact with him, he called me in Feb but I didn't answer, and he wrote to me about 2 weeks ago and I didn't reply. If I ever write to him again it will only be to tell him exactly what I think of him.

If anyone wants any other answers I am happy to give them because I know I didn't hide anything and I will be honest about anything anyone asks me.

I apologise for lying about Mikky being at his Grans, but back then I just saw it as protecting a 'friend'.

Poppet

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2007, 01:13:11 AM »

i belive you luv ,i dont think for one minute youd protect someone like that.....

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2007, 01:20:55 AM »

Thank you, and also thank you to everyone that has stood by me and supported me. It means a lot.

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2007, 01:22:16 AM »

i belive you luv ,i dont think for one minute youd protect someone like that.....
does anyone else belive on here or are you to scared to admit it Huh??

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2007, 01:27:59 AM »

Thank you, and also thank you to everyone that has stood by me and supported me. It means a lot.
i dont even know you,and i can tell by any of your posts, your very naive,there is nothing wrong with this........
this young girl has come on here and said her piece,i really think sometimes you guys are too hard.....if im wrong then im wrong...but serious guys,,,,i can tell you now.,., she didnt know........
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:31:39 AM by sofa----king » Logged

The Dundonian

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2007, 01:29:02 AM »

What a sad sad day, to wake up and read this, like everyone I'm horrified.

Just a word for Poppet, I'm in my 40's have worked all over the world in the craziest of places and met so many diverse people it's unbelievable. I am still taken in by people who I believe are genuine, I always give people the benefit of the doubt and it drives my wife crazy.
I maintain though that this is the only way to be, if I was suspicious and untrusting of everyone I would never get anywhere and the very good friends I have around the world I wouldn't have. I wouldn't change it for the world despite being let down and hurt often.
Keep your heart and your mind open, dont let this change you or for that matter don't let it change any of us in the Blonde family.

As a father my heart goes out to the family I wish there was something we could do to help! Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm a rubber duck you can't quack me!
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2007, 01:29:40 AM »

I think in the absence of any evidence to the contrary you have to take Poppet at her word. Anything else is just pure speculation.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2007, 01:32:16 AM »

What a sad sad day, to wake up and read this, like everyone I'm horrified.

Just a word for Poppet, I'm in my 40's have worked all over the world in the craziest of places and met so many diverse people it's unbelievable. I am still taken in by people who I believe are genuine, I always give people the benefit of the doubt and it drives my wife crazy.
I maintain though that this is the only way to be, if I was suspicious and untrusting of everyone I would never get anywhere and the very good friends I have around the world I wouldn't have. I wouldn't change it for the world despite being let down and hurt often.
Keep your heart and your mind open, dont let this change you or for that matter don't let it change any of us in the Blonde family.

As a father my heart goes out to the family I wish there was something we could do to help! Any suggestions are welcome.

All i can say from a poker players view which means life revolves around money is donate donate donate! There are plenty of charities we could all donate too! Maybe NSPCC?? im sure it would be possible to pool money together on here somehow!

Lets not forget this kid was brave enough to come forward but 1000's of kids cant coz of the horrible abuse, we can play our part in stopping it aswell!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:34:34 AM by KingPoker » Logged

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: