blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:20:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 554 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1268322 times)
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #8235 on: April 23, 2014, 10:42:56 PM »

as long as we dont move, even if its " just 500 yards into stanley park" then thats fine with me. anfield is anfield.

of course we need to increase capacity, goes without saying.

whether its highbury or plough lane, or many others, i find it sad when football teams stop playing at what has always been considered their home.

as a young lad my dad took me on the kop a couple of times a year, always around new year or easter due to being up in pool during school holidays. as an adult i lived in brasil for a while. i was lucky enough to go to numerous games at the maracana before they demolished and rebuilt it for the upcoming world cup. i saw fluminense v flamengo, vasco de gama v botafogo, an absolute classic cup final between fluminense and volta redonde (sic) , who were the brasilian equivalent of scunthorpe.

my uncle has lived in rio over 30 years and he tells me that the new ground has lost all of its charisma and soul, and that the cariocas ( people from rio, i believe it means "yolk from the egg", are devastated with the new stadium and the (comparitive) lack of atmosphere.

i would bet good money that a large percentage of arsenal fans pine for the old days of highbury.

" the emirates" , " the ehitad stadium" , any other such nonsense.

fuck that and no thank you.

i cant stand man utd, ok they havent moved, but even changing the name is awful.

" the theatre of dreams" , ok if they had named it " the theatre of delusions" i might get on board.

and as for cardiff fans seeing their team change the proud and historic colour of their shirts from blue to red....

the mind boggles.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: April 23, 2014, 10:52:07 PM »

What happened to stato, George? (In your avatar)

Had moyes before this one

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: April 23, 2014, 10:53:59 PM »

andrew hulme is a poker genius.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: April 23, 2014, 10:54:49 PM »

andrew hulme is a poker genius.

Never liked the guy

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: April 23, 2014, 11:03:54 PM »

What happened to stato, George? (In your avatar)

Had moyes before this one

So you did. Cheerfully withdrawn.

Be Steve Bruce soon.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: April 24, 2014, 02:12:06 AM »

as long as we dont move, even if its " just 500 yards into stanley park" then thats fine with me. anfield is anfield.

of course we need to increase capacity, goes without saying.

whether its highbury or plough lane, or many others, i find it sad when football teams stop playing at what has always been considered their home.

as a young lad my dad took me on the kop a couple of times a year, always around new year or easter due to being up in pool during school holidays. as an adult i lived in brasil for a while. i was lucky enough to go to numerous games at the maracana before they demolished and rebuilt it for the upcoming world cup. i saw fluminense v flamengo, vasco de gama v botafogo, an absolute classic cup final between fluminense and volta redonde (sic) , who were the brasilian equivalent of scunthorpe.

my uncle has lived in rio over 30 years and he tells me that the new ground has lost all of its charisma and soul, and that the cariocas ( people from rio, i believe it means "yolk from the egg", are devastated with the new stadium and the (comparitive) lack of atmosphere.

i would bet good money that a large percentage of arsenal fans pine for the old days of highbury.

" the emirates" , " the ehitad stadium" , any other such nonsense.

fuck that and no thank you.

i cant stand man utd, ok they havent moved, but even changing the name is awful.

" the theatre of dreams" , ok if they had named it " the theatre of delusions" i might get on board.

and as for cardiff fans seeing their team change the proud and historic colour of their shirts from blue to red....

the mind boggles.

United play at Old Trafford. Its only a nickname "The Theater of Dreams". As far as i am aware happy for someone to prove me wrong it has always been called Old Trafford and is next door to Old Trafford cricket ground as well.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: April 24, 2014, 10:19:29 AM »

Jose mind games innit.

Don't matter which team he picks , they certainly are not going to roll over and we will have to play bloody well to win.

Fortunately, it's the only way we can play!  The "we'll score one more goal than you" approach.

It's usually the approach most teams take

Not Mourinho's Chelsea, or Moyes' United...

Pretty sure they still try and score one more than the other team

Didn't see Chelsea try to do that at all last night, and on countless other occasions. Park the bus, and try not to concede first and foremost.  Moyes' might have 'tried' to score more than the opposition, but it's the 'we will' bit he was lacking.

Pretty sure Jose's gameplan is to win 1-0 which is one more goal than the other side

Nope, not last night.  He went out first and foremost not to concede.  He was happy to concede possession, as he was worried about Atletico's pressing game and didn't want to give the ball away in a more defensive position. Instead he was happier they hoof the ball up the pitch and set up their defensive line/bus.

That was the plan.

Anyway, you've missed the key bit of Liverpool's approach.  It's not the trying to score one more than the opposition, it's actually doing it.
liverpool approach is we don't care if we let in 4 goals we will just score 5 whereas Chelsea is tight at the back a sneak a win

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: April 24, 2014, 11:11:20 AM »

Clean sheets- league only;

Us - 10
City - 8
Arsenal - 14
Chel - 16

Goals scored

Us - 96
City - 91
Arsenal - 62
Chel - 67

Clearly it could be argues that scoring goals is more important than having a tight defence, bearing in mind the top 2 are top scorers and the best 2 clean sheet teams are 3rd/4th

Carpe Diem
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: April 24, 2014, 11:11:39 AM »

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27140534

Carpe Diem
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8244 on: April 24, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »

Funnily enough, for the match on Sunday, I'd be far happier if we had a defence that was capable and confident of keeping a clean sheet. 

Definately this.

Against Chelsea, it might be a difficult defensive line to break through. 

I really think Chelski are going to be very attack minded.Can't see them parking the bus. They have nothing to lose by going on the offensive.
Could be a very exciting game.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8245 on: April 24, 2014, 03:13:40 PM »

Hope they do come out attacking. We'll win that game.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8246 on: April 25, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »

Not bad stats so far this year:

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8247 on: April 25, 2014, 06:54:40 PM »

Looking at those stats, it's definitely attack v defence on Sunday.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: April 25, 2014, 07:15:59 PM »

cool mini-profile of Rodgers by BBC here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27149695
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: April 26, 2014, 08:03:54 PM »

Heh
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 554 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: