blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:08:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How did I play this hand / comments please / from the ROOKIE!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did I play this hand / comments please / from the ROOKIE!  (Read 34327 times)
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2005, 07:32:19 PM »

well i might as well throw in my views.

personally, i don't see the point of a 12k raise. you and he both know your pot committed, might as well just move all-in.

But what about a little minimum raise? another four thousand chips in would make him think. building the pot or just trying to re-steal without risking too many chips? depends on your image really. If he reraises then you still have the option of folding, sure 10k left isnt much but the blinds have just gone round so you have some time. If he calls then it makes it easier for him to fold on the flop if he misses (unlikely but easier) but it also gives you some chance of getting away if the flop looks nasty. Of course you'd prefer him to fold, and although an extra 4k to put in to call doesnt seem much compared to the pot, it is a third of his remaining stack, so it would depend on his views on the building or restealing question. its easier to keep playing with 13k than 9k.

Its worked for me at the end of a few tournies, although my upper limit is $50 really (unless i'm feeling particularly lucky), so it might not apply.

however, i agree with a fair few other people, i'd grab my balls and move all-in.

thanks

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
dan

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2005, 09:36:44 PM »

"head case". Mick McCluskey a head case. Absolutely not. Ahem.
flushie i know and agree with what you are saying but do you think that if the head case that called with A10 wouldnt call the raise or even go over the top.

head case is a good educated player, but we all make a mistake and very every so often, the real questioon is how do i get him to pays and the answer may be nothing but the debate is great

i used the term loosely and i apologise. he is a good player the point i was trying to make is that it was a slightly mad call with the A10. i was just trying to point out that i dint think he actually would of folded to a reraise.

oops i hope i havent offended mr McClusky or anybody else with that statement 
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2005, 03:16:49 AM »

flushie i know and agree with what you are saying but do you think that if the head case that called with A10 wouldnt call the raise or even go over the top.

head case is a good educated player, but we all make a mistake and very every so often, the real questioon is how do i get him to pays and the answer may be nothing but the debate is great

i used the term loosely and i apologise. he is a good player the point i was trying to make is that it was a slightly mad call with the A10. i was just trying to point out that i dint think he actually would of folded to a reraise.

never, no one will take your post that way, your point is valid, keep them coming, thanks

rookie

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
The Headcase

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2005, 11:09:13 PM »

Hi Brian and the rest of you guys. Tikay mentioned this big debate to me and I thought I would take a look. Very interesting.
Just to put things in context I would explain that calling a raise with  As is very much not my usual style. In this situation everyone passed to me on the button. I may have raised in this spot with any two cards but I actually had a legit raising hand. Brian's all-in re-raise looked kinda like "I know you are stealing on the button and I am gonna re-steal " I have made this move myself in the past. If you are prepared to make this move you can do it with any two cards. Therefore when I called I thought I  may  well have the best hand, if I had read the situation right. Even against any pair 9's or under I am only a very small underdog. Its the usual race situation and you gotta win your races to win tournaments. At some stage you gotta gamble. this is why I decided that this may well be the time.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2005, 11:10:31 PM »

LOVE the choice of user name! Grin
Welcome to the madhouse

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2005, 01:48:39 AM »

Nice one Mr. H. Case!

Would a smaller raise have been more effective in persuading you that you were facing a big hand rather than a re-steal? Or were you calling anyway?

If life is a game of cards, somebody is cheating.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2005, 03:15:43 AM »

Nice name!!!

Still not sure i like the call, lol.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2005, 09:41:56 AM »

Nice name!!!

Still not sure i like the call, lol.

but what the heck, it made for a good debate here on blonde, wonder if I can submit my entry fee as a bill and have blonde pay me as the offical "fish" columnist!!!!!!!  Cool

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
The Headcase

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2005, 03:05:34 PM »

Nice one Mr. H. Case!

Would a smaller raise have been more effective in persuading you that you were facing a big hand rather than a re-steal? Or were you calling anyway?
Yes. I think a small re-raise or even a call would have set the alarm bells ringing. The small re-raise looks like he wants a call. The all in move looks like he does not. If he had called the game was up as I was not going to lay down top pair, top kicker after the flop, no matter what.
The Headcase
12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2005, 05:26:33 PM »

Now we have the definitive answer. Take a bow, Tightend and Flushy 

But the best thing in the whole 7 page thread was this:

To me this is the heart of blonde, I dont care if I ever sound or look stupid to anyone ..... but the point is experience and knowledge is the source of power Cool

Please, I want to see more posts, I want everyone to post something, there is no wrong answer

If life is a game of cards, somebody is cheating.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2005, 07:13:29 PM »

I comend Mick for coming on and posting in this thread!!!

I am just glad i am not the one who called him a headcase!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

dan

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2005, 09:00:30 PM »

i have a feeling i know why you chose your alias, please see my apology above  Embarrassed Embarrassed
dan

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2005, 09:04:23 PM »

I am just glad i am not the one who called him a headcase!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

alright flushie no need to remind him Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 09:31:53 PM by dan » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2005, 09:22:13 PM »

Of course there is!!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2005, 10:47:06 PM »

This is blonde, remember your manners guys. It's MR HeadCase.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: