blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:15:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2041 2042 2043 2044 [2045] 2046 2047 2048 2049 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3607782 times)
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #30660 on: July 01, 2019, 08:58:35 PM »

Q- Does anyone here know a Quentin in real life? (I do obv)

I do. He is 6 years old and lives next door but one to us with his younger brother Finius aged 4..........don't ask!

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30661 on: July 01, 2019, 09:09:11 PM »

Q- Does anyone here know a Quentin in real life? (I do obv)

I do. He is 6 years old and lives next door but one to us with his younger brother Finius aged 4..........don't ask!

Haha. My blokes name is Quentin Carruthers. He's a plumber and he plays poker, mostly in Coventry.

The older I get, the better I was.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30662 on: July 01, 2019, 11:56:47 PM »

When i was a child,my neighbours  sons were Dominic and Icarus.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #30663 on: July 02, 2019, 08:01:16 AM »

Icarus is a cool name. The mistake that he makes is better (metaphorically), than the mistakes most of make as well. All round great name. It’s shot to the top of the list of names for consideration if I have a son.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #30664 on: July 02, 2019, 08:10:35 AM »

My son had school mates who were twins, Antaeus and Dominion, strong choices in 1999.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30665 on: July 02, 2019, 09:48:00 AM »

Icarus is a cool name. The mistake that he makes is better (metaphorically), than the mistakes most of make as well. All round great name. It’s shot to the top of the list of names for consideration if I have a son.

I agree, as long as it doesn't get shortened to Icky.

I have a friend who's surname is Smith but his Christian name is Evergreen.

Mrs Red's name is Muzelley.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30666 on: July 02, 2019, 09:53:26 AM »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2107366662705824&id=130593816777

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30667 on: July 02, 2019, 10:11:20 AM »

I took this yesterday on Fosse Meadows where all forms of weedkiller and pesticides are banned. This is what the cows graze on and what gets made into hay.

I'm a confirmed atheist but it's difficult to believe that this all came about through random chance and cold blooded natural selection.

Click to see full-size image.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30668 on: July 02, 2019, 01:28:34 PM »

I took this yesterday on Fosse Meadows where all forms of weedkiller and pesticides are banned. This is what the cows graze on and what gets made into hay.

I'm a confirmed atheist but it's difficult to believe that this all came about through random chance and cold blooded natural selection.

Looks great with the meadow flowers. I went on an introductory course in beekeeping Saturday, I'm now even more keenly checking which farmers let wildflowers grow in their silage & hay fields as I'm hoping to have a few hives next year. (could also come under dilettante news Cheesy)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:31:07 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #30669 on: July 02, 2019, 01:31:37 PM »

If it came about as a result of natural selection - then by definition it isn't random chance.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30670 on: July 02, 2019, 01:38:24 PM »

If it came about as a result of natural selection - then by definition it isn't random chance.

Living organisms mutate through random chance, nature selects the best random mutation by dint of those genes being the most likely to be passed on.

At least that's how I understand it.

Happy as always to stand corrected though.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #30671 on: July 02, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »

Living organisms mutate through random chance, nature selects the best random mutation by dint of those genes being the most likely to be passed on.

The scene isn't pleasing because of every random mutation that has ever previously happened before - it's pleasing because the ones that were successful are still here; the fact that those mutations became fixed isn't random - therefore the whole thing isn't random.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30672 on: July 02, 2019, 02:16:12 PM »

The scene isn't pleasing because of every random mutation that has ever previously happened before - it's pleasing because the ones that were successful are still here; the fact that those mutations became fixed isn't random - therefore the whole thing isn't random.

I agree, but I don't think I said the whole thing was random.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30673 on: July 02, 2019, 02:21:07 PM »

Looks great with the meadow flowers. I went on an introductory course in beekeeping Saturday, I'm now even more keenly checking which farmers let wildflowers grow in their silage & hay fields as I'm hoping to have a few hives next year. (could also come under dilettante news Cheesy)

A lady in the village keeps 3 hives Rod, I've been round to have a look and it is very interesting.

A swarm came over my place a few weeks ago. It cast a shadow like an eclipse and the noise was incredible. I have to admit it scared me.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30674 on: July 02, 2019, 02:41:35 PM »

A lady in the village keeps 3 hives Rod, I've been round to have a look and it is very interesting.

A swarm came over my place a few weeks ago. It cast a shadow like an eclipse and the noise was incredible. I have to admit it scared me.

How, if at all, did the dogs react, Tom?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 2041 2042 2043 2044 [2045] 2046 2047 2048 2049 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: