blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2237 2238 2239 2240 [2241] 2242 2243 2244 2245 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3608202 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33600 on: March 24, 2021, 10:30:08 AM »

Notice I resisted jokes like:

If the other shipping gets bottled up they will Suez ass off.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33601 on: March 27, 2021, 08:57:57 AM »

Anyone watched the Drive to Survive series on Netflix?

It's made F1 fans of my entire family.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.red-bull-boss-horner-says-he-winced-at-portrayal-in-latest-drive-to-survive.71gnyH5QRg7zU3CyeuIBa2.html

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33602 on: March 27, 2021, 09:23:12 AM »

I thought it was superb.

I don't have Netflix but I watched it on Sky. Twenty episodes aired over 10 nights in back to back pairs, & I watched every single one. I recorded them so I could avoid the infernal adverts, but watched each one the night it went out.

F1 had gone a bit stale for me, mainly because it was so dominated by 2 teams, & the Sky Sports coverage is so utterly dire & smug, especially Crofty. But that series has re-ignited my interest & I can't wait for the season to start this weekend. (Qualifying today, the race tomorrow). Quite how I'll cope with Crofty, the F1 equivalent to Ian Darke I don't know.

Incidentally, have you tried watching Moto GP, the motorbike version of F1? To my mind, much better, the riders are beyond brave. And annoyingly THAT starts this weekend too, qualifying today, the three races (Moto3, Moto2 & Moto GP, the big one) tomorrow, all shown live on BT Sport, with Suzi Perry as the TV host. The times partially clash with the F1, though the Moto races tend to be earlier in the day. Such a shame it clashes with F1 though. Qualifying starts this morning, so worth a watch if you can.

All good though, a weekend of F1, Moto GP, Golf, RL, & Snooker. What wonderful times we live in.

How you manage to watch so much sport in a home full of females is a mystery to me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33603 on: March 27, 2021, 09:31:52 AM »

I enjoyed seeing the "private" side of the team Managers. I thought Guentner Steiner came across poorly, ditto Claire Williams who seems to lack the required skills.

Christian Horner came across really well I thought, & I enjoyed the glimpses of his domestic life with Ginger Spice who has aged really rather well. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33604 on: March 27, 2021, 09:36:24 AM »

I thought it was superb.

I don't have Netflix but I watched it on Sky. Twenty episodes aired over 10 nights in back to back pairs, & I watched every single one. I recorded them so I could avoid the infernal adverts, but watched each one the night it went out.

F1 had gone a bit stale for me, mainly because it was so dominated by 2 teams, & the Sky Sports coverage is so utterly dire & smug, especially Crofty. But that series has re-ignited my interest & I can't wait for the season to start this weekend. (Qualifying today, the race tomorrow). Quite how I'll cope with Crofty, the F1 equivalent to Ian Darke I don't know.

Incidentally, have you tried watching Moto GP, the motorbike version of F1? To my mind, much better, the riders are beyond brave. And annoyingly THAT starts this weekend too, qualifying today, the three races (Moto3, Moto2 & Moto GP, the big one) tomorrow, all shown live on BT Sport, with Suzi Perry as the TV host. The times partially clash with the F1, though the Moto races tend to be earlier in the day. Such a shame it clashes with F1 though. Qualifying starts this morning, so worth a watch if you can.

All good though, a weekend of F1, Moto GP, Golf, RL, & Snooker. What wonderful times we live in.

How you manage to watch so much sport in a home full of females is a mystery to me.

So many ways of watching these days Tony. I can watch on the telly or phone or the lappy.

Mostly though the girls just leave me to it and watch crap on their own devices. Everyone watches Drive to Survive though, it's incredible viewing. Cristian Whatsisface said Red Bull have pulled in shed loads of sponsorship off the back of it.

Moto GP is just like, W..T..Actual...F? Can people really be that brave/daft/brilliant?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33605 on: March 27, 2021, 09:41:51 AM »

I enjoyed seeing the "private" side of the team Managers. I thought Guentner Steiner came across poorly, ditto Claire Williams who seems to lack the required skills.

Christian Horner came across really well I thought, & I enjoyed the glimpses of his domestic life with Ginger Spice who has aged really rather well. 

Oh I love all the personal stuff too, especially the drivers early life stories.

That episode when Pierre Gasly won in the AlphaTaur car after being demoted by Red Bull.. I almost had a connery.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33606 on: March 27, 2021, 09:43:26 AM »

Watch this one from all the different angles.....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33607 on: March 27, 2021, 09:45:00 AM »

Oh I love all the personal stuff too, especially the drivers early life stories.

That episode when Pierre Gasly won in the AlphaTaur car after being demoted by Red Bull.. I almost had a connery.

It was curious that Mercedes & Lewis/Bottas seemed to have less coverage than the other teams. Toto Woolf came across well though.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33608 on: March 27, 2021, 09:50:43 AM »

Watch this one from all the different angles.....

Insert swear words below. (Use an extra page if required)

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33609 on: March 28, 2021, 10:54:55 PM »

Hi Rod. I saw this and thought of you.

Click to see full-size image.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33610 on: March 28, 2021, 11:47:18 PM »

Hi Rod. I saw this and thought of you.

Click to see full-size image.

Cool, not sure if pun on my name, or because we've spoken about trees growing around objects before. Either way still a cool picture Cheesy

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33611 on: March 29, 2021, 08:43:18 AM »

I thought Rod would like this....  Rod.... Haha.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33612 on: March 29, 2021, 09:11:02 AM »

HaHa

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33613 on: March 29, 2021, 09:19:51 AM »

Grin

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33614 on: March 29, 2021, 09:39:33 AM »

Two stone gone as of today.

14st 12lb to 12st 12lb.

Pages: 1 ... 2237 2238 2239 2240 [2241] 2242 2243 2244 2245 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: