blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:07:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1989 1990 1991 1992 [1993] 1994 1995 1996 1997 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600684 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #29880 on: August 15, 2018, 04:10:16 PM »

Speaking of Tiller Girls, the one on the right of this picture went on to be the first ever female to hold a pretty significant role.

Click to see full-size image.

By the bye Mr Pops - absolutely delighted to see you back here. Genuinely.

I’m more moved by that last sentence than you might imagine. Thanks.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #29881 on: August 15, 2018, 04:12:19 PM »

Speaking of Tiller Girls, the one on the right of this picture went on to be the first ever female to hold a pretty significant role.

Is this her in later life?

It is - and she had more class in her high kicking big toe than the current incumbent (and his wife) ever had.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29882 on: August 16, 2018, 11:55:58 AM »

You know that word-association thing that trick cyclists do when they say something and you reply immediately with the first thing that comes into your head? I got a demonstration of how it works today.

I was out on my thrice weekly jog when a lady dog walker who I'm on nodding terms with called out as I passed, "What are you chasing?"

I replied without thinking, "My youth"

The older I get, the better I was.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #29883 on: August 16, 2018, 12:14:01 PM »

You know that word-association thing that trick cyclists do when they say something and you reply immediately with the first thing that comes into your head? I got a demonstration of how it works today.

I was out on my thrice weekly jog when a lady dog walker who I'm on nodding terms with called out as I passed, "What are you chasing?"

Is it the same thing that psychologists do?

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29884 on: August 16, 2018, 03:35:49 PM »

Psychologist/psychiatrist, they're all sigh.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #29885 on: August 16, 2018, 04:21:01 PM »

Psychologist/psychiatrist, they're all sigh.

Very clever Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #29886 on: August 17, 2018, 05:32:52 AM »

It’s witty replies like this that make our day as we get older and make us laugh
Alcohol -fags -sex -fried food -all delightful pleasures get reduced as we get older so we need to get some laughs / enjoyment elsewhere
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29887 on: August 18, 2018, 02:37:41 PM »

It's at least 10 years - maybe 12 - since I showed Tom this exact house, but I bet he remembers exactly where it was.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29888 on: August 18, 2018, 05:16:31 PM »

It's at least 10 years - maybe 12 - since I showed Tom this exact house, but I bet he remembers exactly where it was.

Yes I remember it well and Tony, it was on the road less traveled. He had a Roma caravan in there the the last time we passed.

I can't remember the name of that hotel you like to stay at though.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29889 on: August 18, 2018, 05:24:20 PM »

Yes I remember it well and Tony, it was on the road less traveled. He had a Roma caravan in there the the last time we passed.

I can't remember the name of that hotel you like to stay at though.

Hickstead Hotel, Tom, just off the A23.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29890 on: August 21, 2018, 10:34:57 AM »

"The radioactive device is missing, but everything is under control".

Eh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-45255181

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29891 on: August 21, 2018, 06:18:32 PM »

While we're talking about radioactivity, what about that uranium 238?

You can use it to run power stations, make bombs and tint glass yellow.

If you don't do anything at all with it for 4.46 billion years, it turns into thorium 234. (Well I think at least half of it does).

How can they possibly know that? Did someone sit and watch it for 4.46 billion years and then suddenly point at it and shout, "There! It did it".

24 days later, the thorium 234 becomes protactinium 234. So we've gone from 4.46 billion years to 24 days. I bet the bloke doing the watching wasn't expecting that.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #29892 on: August 21, 2018, 06:22:22 PM »

While we're talking about radioactivity, what about that uranium 238?

You can use it to run power stations, make bombs and tint glass yellow.

If you don't do anything at all with it for 4.46 billion years, it turns into thorium 234. (Well I think at least half of it does).

How can they possibly know that? Did someone sit and watch it for 4.46 billion years and then suddenly point at it and shout, "There! It did it".

24 days later, the thorium 234 becomes protactinium 234. So we've gone from 4.46 billion years to 24 days. I bet the bloke doing the watching wasn't expecting that.

Pokemon names have really gone downhill of late.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29893 on: August 21, 2018, 06:50:25 PM »

How do you get Pikachu on a bus?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29894 on: August 22, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »

We tend to view uranium and all the other iums as dark malevolent forces but there is a theory, (At least I think it's only a theory) that they are what provide the energy to keep the earth's core molten so that the tectonic plates can float around forming new continents and swallowing old ones.

Magnetic poles, temperate climate, mutations that facilitate evolution? Thank ur lucky anium.

Pages: 1 ... 1989 1990 1991 1992 [1993] 1994 1995 1996 1997 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: