blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:05:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 146 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries  (Read 261633 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: January 22, 2011, 06:33:20 PM »

I don't think there's anything wrong with using your back a little bit if you're trying to get the last few reps out on arms.

A little bit might be OK, but these guys ussually just can't lift whatever weight they are trying to do and you just see them lift the weight approx 6 inches and the rest they do with their back. That's just bad. And if one of the experienced guys (spend loads of time in the gym and it shows), obv not me, tells them that they'll have more benefit of it if they drop the weight a bit and try to isolate the muscle they just say "What are you on about, pal? I 'm lifting more weight here, don't give a shit about "technique". Weight makes muscle" I just sigh.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 22, 2011, 07:37:24 PM »

ROFL there's a kid who's just started training at our gym and he's prob early/mid 20s. The first day anyone saw him 2 lads I know said he was asking if they knew where to get juice lol. He's absolutely clueless, just flits from machine to machine with no structure.

He was benching on the smith machine last week and bringing the bar down a few inches, then struggling to get it back up. We're waiting because we want to use it for squats and in the whole time he's not done 1 rep and jumps up tells us it's all about squeezing the last rep out before bounding off to do some lat pulldowns.

To end his session he gets some arm curls going with and the dumbells are as you say far too heavy so no movement beyond the first 6 inches. It wouldn't be so annoying if he wasn't the noisiest person in the whole building!!

Smiley

Sorry I should have explained for the smart arse the reason behind this.....

I have MS and my legs/core muscles are very weak with my hamstrings/glutes suffering the most. Squatting on the Smith enables a little more stability until I hopefully have strengthened them and am comfortable to move onto the squat rack.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 23, 2011, 08:21:08 PM »

Right then. It's time to take drastic action with regard to playing da online pokerz.

Basically I f**king hate it!! I've played a fair bit, won a bit, lost a bit more than I've won. Never any high stakes but a slow drawn out process of giving money to the rake and hoping for an occasional bink.

Invariably I never withdraw any money so I'm obviously never going to win.

Anyway, last night Cos ships me $200 to play a bit on FT. I lose it running ridic bad.

Today I deposit £100 and lose it in standard fashion.

Now this is £260 gone which I could've spent so much better elsewhere and I'm currently very tilted about it. It's not just the £260 it's the fact that whilst I was sat playing poker I wasn't enjoying it one bit anyway.

This afternoon I've played purely to give myself something to do!! WTF is that all about?!?!?!? I could've done 100 more productive things none of which involved wasting £100. It was just the lazy option to sit on the sofa playing a bit of poker to waste a bit of time.

So I've made a decision to quit online poker for good!!

I've tried this before and been unsuccessful so this time I'm going to add some motivation along similar lines to my prop with Greeky for training.

If anyone catches me playing online poker at any point when I have something better to do I will send them £1000.

Exceptions to this will be special tournaments or cash games that are either fun or worth playing as one offs. Any exception will be documented on this thread beforehand. In the event of blonde being unavailable I will email or text Greeky if necessary.

Exceptions may include a blonde tournament / league game or cash game on Sky with other blondes. Also I am part of a Vegas league thing on iPoker which has it's last comp on Monday night. Obviously I can play this as it's worth playing.

Random f**king about wasting money on stars or full tilt are completely banned and will result in losing £1000.

This is quite a drastic step but I really feel that it needs to be taken. I'm wasting my life away sat in front of my pc when I could be out with the dog or at the pub with real people.

Quitting online poker is also a step in reducing laziness which has become a big factor in my life. I hate being lazy but there is no doubt that is what I've become in recent years. Online poker and being online in general particularly until late at night is a major factor.

Next step.......

Staying off blonde/facebook/other random shit during work hours!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: January 23, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »

Good for you mate.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2011, 08:28:54 PM »

I often play because I'm bored, getting a bit sick of poker tbh.

Gl with this

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »

Are the weights areas in your gyms full of midgets?

At the one I go too all the guys doing weights are about 5'5". It's like an oompa-loompa convention.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2011, 08:32:51 PM »

I really need to get off blonde at work. I do so much more on the days when I'm off and feel much better for it.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 23, 2011, 08:42:14 PM »

Staying off blonde/facebook/other random shit during work hours!!

I don't know why but I've got in to a nasty habit of spending more of my work time on sites such as blonde than I ever should.

This is something which really bothers me but it's something which has become a habit that I can't stop.

If I have something to do at work I keep putting it off arsing about on blonde seeing who's been doing what when I could be getting something far more productive done instead.

Now don't get me wrong, I have a job to do and it always gets done. I'm in the fortunate position of owning a company which employs some excellent staff who can make the business work with me having to make minimal input.

Because I don't always have a lot to do I find myself wasting time in order to prolong the day out 'til 4.30 and home time. If I graft a bit harder though I could easily do something else like finish early and take the dog out. Anything that isn't sitting at a pc like some sad act reading blonde will suffice and make me feel like I'm having a worthwhile day.

My attitude towards work recently stinks and I hate myself for it so I'm going to take the first drastic step in improving things.

A few years ago when the company wasn't doing so well I was regularly working 16 hour days. 7.30 to 5.00 would be grafting to get real work done. After home time and training was out of the way I'd be in my office doing paperwork, quotes, invoices etc.

Now that things are better financially I don't have to do the 'real' work any more so it's just the admin type stuff. This is obviously much better for me but as I have said I have become lazy with that and much of the problem is spending too much time on wasteful online pursuits such as blonde.

Now I don't think I can self ban from blonde so again it's going to have to be a prop. These props seem to work well for me so again it's £1k and again it's to stay off blonde whilst I'm at work.

My working week is Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm. I do not want to be on blonde at any time during these hours. I can't guarantee that I won't be logged on because I don't know how it works with auto logging in etc. but I will not post anything during these hours.

The first person who sees a post by me during the hours stated and QFTs it will get £1000. Simple.

Again this is pretty drastic and I feel ashamed that it takes this to stop me doing something but I can't see any other way.

I really want to make some changes but habits are hard to break so drastic action is necessary.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 23, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »

Are the weights areas in your gyms full of midgets?

At the one I go too all the guys doing weights are about 5'5". It's like an oompa-loompa convention.

Thousands of the little blighters!!!

They're bloody everywhere!!

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 23, 2011, 09:03:18 PM »

How do we have to notify you? I think I could automate the entire thing! Smiley

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 23, 2011, 09:09:21 PM »

How do we have to notify you? I think I could automate the entire thing! Smiley

You just have to catch me.

There'll be no cheating either. I'm judge and jury on this one. No disputes will be discussed.

I will pay out if I lose. Simple as that.

I obviously won't lose as that would be stupid of me. The money is just to give me a good reason to not do these things that I really don't want to do.

I find it very worrying that this is the only way I can stop myself playing online poker or being on blonde during work hours.

I wonder how many others are wasting their lives away in such a manner......

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 23, 2011, 09:16:45 PM »

I will prop you for £1k Matt.

Only difference is, I want to be able to browse blonde in my lunch hour from 1pm-2pm but not from 9.15am until 5.30pm monday-friday.

?

@GreekStein on twitter.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 23, 2011, 09:30:05 PM »

Only difference is, I want to be able to browse blonde in my lunch hour from 1pm-2pm but not from 9.15am until 5.30pm monday-friday.

?

Can't really prop against each other. How are we supposed to catch each other??

Just do same as me mate. Let it be open to anyone who catches you.

To be fair I didn't say that browsing wasn't allowed. It's the posting that really bothers me.

Having a quick flick through at lunch time isn't a problem to me at all. It's when it becomes interractive and you start checking in to see who's replied that it gets oh so f**king sad!!!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 23, 2011, 11:39:47 PM »

?

Can't really prop against each other. How are we supposed to catch each other??

Just do same as me mate. Let it be open to anyone who catches you.

To be fair I didn't say that browsing wasn't allowed. It's the posting that really bothers me.

Having a quick flick through at lunch time isn't a problem to me at all. It's when it becomes interractive and you start checking in to see who's replied that it gets oh so f**king sad!!!

I'm out then. Not doing a bag to someone I hate.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 24, 2011, 02:29:52 AM »

Good post Matt, i'm gonna do something simlar myself i think which i've posted about on my world famous blog. I've also mentioned my epic fail in regards to the Party stake aswell. If anyone fancies reading said post or just fancies a wank (see links down right handside) , check it....  www.amatay.blogspot.com  Smiley

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 146 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: