blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:31:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 493636 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: August 09, 2018, 08:50:25 PM »

I laid the winner in the bombers race.  No idea how bombers has got beat there when he led one up.  Thought it was all over.  VEry unlucky there with the 9/4.

Yeah, can’t believe he lost that.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: August 09, 2018, 08:53:27 PM »

syndicate trying to buy a dog.. they want 30K..looool..jesus !!

That’s some expenditure, are u able to get them insured against injury etc or would premiums be too high. Is £20k the max u guys are prepared to go to?

no insurance.. we said 20k..went to 25k..they want 30k.. too much

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: August 10, 2018, 08:54:29 PM »

Scotty what do you think of Droopys Alex at Romford tonight?
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: August 10, 2018, 09:10:17 PM »

Was against it, but just seen it storm home.

Storm maybe an exaggeration.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: August 10, 2018, 09:22:02 PM »

Was against it, but just seen it storm home.

Storm maybe an exaggeration.

Realised I’d left the question abit late. Thought if fit should win. Missed the race.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: August 12, 2018, 01:31:43 PM »

Verve edged out Borna Gin in Dundalk last night, haven’t see the race yet but photo was extremely close. Verve confirmed as going to Irish Derby, be lucky to get 20/1 when they put him in the betting. Anything bigger and we are dancing in the streets.

20/1 for Verve for Irish Derby with 365 and Boyles, cant really see anyone going any bigger. A few Irish dog men seem to think he will like Shelbourne. Im happy to play at this price. 10 pts ew.

Bets so far for Irish Derby (With a view of going to Shelbourne for the final)

Droopy's Verve 20/1 10 pts ew 1-6 1/4

Clonbrien Hero  33/1 6 pts ew 1-6 1/4

https://youtu.be/bi3f5lwpF0U

This is Magical Logan winning on its Shelbourne debut, thought we would be lucky to get more than 20/1 after this display. Coral and boyles Have obliged with 25/1, added to the team.

Magical Logan 25/1 4pts ew 1-6  1/4

Saw a Derby trail for Slippy Cian on Twitter (as mentioned earlier) can’t copy it here as can’t find it on YouTube. Decent run. Have added it to the team 4pts ew @ 25/1.

Verve put in another decent trail a few days ago, sub 28secs. Most books have cut him again. Will probably go off sub 14/1. I may have another 8 pts ew if I can get the 16/1. Will confirm later.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: August 12, 2018, 01:45:44 PM »

Taken from IG website: My previous post has an error with Verve’s trail time.

The list of entries for the BoyleSports Irish Derby will be finalised today but Derek Frehill suggested over the weekend that the final number in the draw will be in the region of the advertised 120.

Over the weekend the best runs at Shelbourne were the 28.20 race victory by the Chris Houlihan trained Cashen Kuba on Saturday while Peter Cronin’s Crossfield Will posted a 28.29 trial for the 525 yards.

Saturday’s trial session saw Angela Harrison’s English Derby runner-up Droopys Verve clock a very smart 29.64 for the 550 yards in a fleeting visit to the track on Saturday evening before dashing off to make the return ferry to England. The other Harrison runner Droopys Expert clicked a modest 30.02 for the 550 yards.

By the way, there will be no trials at Shelbourne on Wednesday as a pre-maintenance job will be done on the track.

The final list of entries have not yet been tendered by Paul Hennessy, Graham Holland and Liam Dowling and expectations that they will account for up to 30 entries between them.

Weekend Derby trials were:

350yds

18.87     Mays Buywise

18.91     Gurteen Feather

18.94     Aayamza Express 

18.97     Man Twenty One

525yds

28.29     Crossfield Will

28.51     Whoops Jack

28.55     Titus Spirit

28.65     Bakery Lane

28.71     Cabra Hurricane

28.88     Bonus Point

28.90     Vaguely Noble

28.93     Da Head Hunter

28.93     Burbank

28.95     Great Occasion

29.11     Uncle Wexford

550 yds

29.73     Boyhero

30.06     Ravenswood Lotti

30.11     Lightfoot Oscar

30.16     Wichita

30.26     Ross Swift

30.54     Notorious Nodrog

BOYLESPORTS IRISH DERBY ENTRIES

Aayamza Express

Alfies Prince

Beara Gig

Boherna Bliss

Bonus Point

Brownstown Tango

Burbank

Cabra Hurricane

Champs Boy

Clearly Written

Coolavanny Gery

Creevy Girl

Crohane Ronnie

Crossfield Will

Da Head Hunter

Doggy McDogface

Droopys Expert

Droopys Verve

Dynamic Cool Sky

Elusive Heights

Frisky Leader

Grahams Star

Great Occasion

Gurteen Feather

Hazelhill Star

Higher Level

Holycross Lad

Ibra

Jelly Flood

Jumeriah Charm

Karlow Eddie

Kilgraney Denver

Kilgraney Master

Lightfoot Oscar UK

Magical Bale

Mandeville Fly

Minor Mike

Newhall Missile

Ninja Burgess

Ninja Fortune

Our Lovely Tune

Packing Heat

Parlow Sanka

Rio Coco

Rockybay Foley

Swithins Brae

Tarsna Jo

Titus Spirit

Vaguely Noble

Whoops Harry

Whoops Jack

TRIAL STAKE WINNERS

Ballyhooly Fin (Curraheen)

Birchfield Act (Kilkenny)

Dromana Jet (Youghal)

Droopys Denny (Lifford)

Dunsallagh Mike (Newbridge)

Fantasy Lane (Galway)

Lapari Supreme (Longford)

Ross Swift (Dundalk)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: August 12, 2018, 01:55:32 PM »

Don't get involved in the irish generally so can't really add anything. GL omm. 
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: August 13, 2018, 09:56:17 PM »

Don't get involved in the irish generally so can't really add anything. GL omm. 

Same.

Hope Bit View Knight is ok, cost me a chunk but couldn't care less.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: August 15, 2018, 07:40:29 AM »

Taken from Greyhounds star

Graham Holland: I am looking forward to the Boylesports Irish Derby for which we have 16 entries. We originally had 17 but Ballydoyle Flash has had to be withdrawn after going lame on the gallop.

He pulled a ligament in his shoulder and will have to be operated on. It is a bit disheartening because I think he has the potential to make it to the top.

Here are our other entries:

Ballyhale Blaze ran very well to win at the weekend over the 525 though he is really a 600 yard dog. He is still returning to form after a TFL muscle injury and I don’t think we have seen the best of him yet.

Beam Paradise wasn’t an expensive dog and won’t be one of the more high profile runners. He is a little bit hit and miss at the break and gets himself so excited he sometimes sits down in the traps. He needs the rails and is very draw dependent but he doesn’t need to lead to give you a run. Whenever he runs, he gives every ounce of effort.

Blueberry Diva reached the third round of the Oaks but has been hampered by false seasons and then came into milk. She has lots of early pace and plenty of ability. She isn’t as far forward as I would like ideally, but the longer she can stay in the competition, the better she will get.

Blue East reached the Kirby Memorial Final at Tralee but for a dog who really wants the inside, he was always going to find trouble from five. At that stage I didn’t think he would get the 550 but he ran on well when second in the Derby trialstake at Clonmel after missing his break. He has great early pace but I have taken a pound off him and hope it helps his stamina. I think he will make a fair Derby dog.

Clona Blaze also came through the puppy stake at Tralee but hasn’t been at his best. But in the last few weeks he is coming into himself. He is a wide runner with plenty of early. So far the 550 has been at the end of his range, though he is getting stronger.

Clonbrien Hero showed no early pace in the Champion Stakes Final and we then found a strained hip which has been treated with ultrasound. He has since galloped well at home. He won on the Night of Stars but Shelbourne isn’t really his favourite track. I have put the middle seed back on him which should help.

Clonbrien Prince is a very fast and very inexperienced. He made the Champion Stakes final though his chance was ruined by Clonbrien Hero. He reminds me a bit of Sonic in his first year. I am hoping that the regular runs will calm his down and bring out the best in him.

Drive On Tipp is having a second attempt at the Derby. He completely lost his form earlier in the summer but we then detected a virus. He is starting to look back to his best and won in 29.53 (550) at Cork last week. He has 29.35 over the course and distance and is proven Derby class.

Lenson Blinder is a dog who has it all. He has good early, top class middle, and stays every inch of the 550 yards. He is comparatively lightly raced but even I was surprised with his 29.24 run over the Derby course last week. He prefers middle to rails and I will be massively disappointed if he doesn’t go a very long way in the competition.

Macroon Cruz reached the semi finals of the Produce Stakes but has since had a tendon problem. He really wants 600 yards, but is a real battler and a great character who won’t come in from the paddock until he has had his belly rubbed.

Macaroon Towser is Cruz’s brother and has been running A1/A2 stakes. He always struck me a summer dog and sure enough his recent 29.85 suggested he is coming to his best. He is experienced and battle hardened and I would like to see him go a few rounds.

Nice Charmer ran well to finish second in the Produce Stakes though he has since had some sesamoid problems. He ran very well in his race last Saturday and looks to be returning to form.

Nitro Notorius broke a shoulder blade in last year’s Derby and I thought it could be the end of his career. But he has returned to form and recently contested the A1 stake at Cork. A great character and real tough competitor, he would probably struggle to find a race while the Derby is on. First priority is getting his entry fee back.

Rural Brae looked a decent prospect when reaching the unraced final at Clonmel but then levelled out a bit. He has been running in A1 stakes recently. May eventually want a bit further.

Slippy Sian made his name in the Juvenile Classic at Tralee and I thought he was very unlucky to be beaten a short head in the final. He developed the cough for the English Derby and has won three of his next four races over the Derby trip. Unlike litter brother Blinder, he wants a middle to outside draw. I don’t think there is much between the two brothers though Sian was marginally slower when they both won on the same night and he clocked 29.46 compared to Blinder’s 29.24.

Totos Park is not the fastest dog in the kennel but quite possibly the most genuine. He is no mug though and won in 28.54 for the 525 a couple of weeks ago. I think he will get the 550. Follow him you are sure to get a battling performance. My nickname for him is ‘John Wayne’.

Beyond my own dogs, I really rate Droopys Verve. I thought he ran really well in the English Derby and was superb in the International at Dundalk.

In some ways, he reminds me a bit of Clares Rocket; these special dogs just have something about them.

Certainly if I was betting ante post, he would definitely be among those I’d want to be on
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: August 15, 2018, 08:19:14 AM »

Here is the card for the 1st round on Friday night

https://www.igb.ie/racing/upcoming-race-cards/upcoming-race-card-summary/?track=SPK&id=91976&date=17-Aug-2018

Saturday night

https://www.igb.ie/racing/upcoming-race-cards/upcoming-race-card-summary/?track=SPK&id=92024&date=18-Aug-2018
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:24:08 AM by Omm » Logged
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: August 16, 2018, 07:01:24 AM »

I’ve seen some posts on twitter saying that Greyhound staff at Towcester received an email last night at 11pm saying ithe track had gone into administration. Really not sure if it’s true as cannot find anything on a google search. Obvs hope it’s not as it will probably be the end of Greyhound racing. If Towcester can’t make it work to the standard they have been doing it then who can bring the game into the 21st century.

I took the kids to Henlow on Tuesday morning, free to get in, hand full of people, more staff eating breakfast than customers. Card full of A11-A7 racing, left after 4 races as it was just not enjoyable.

Hope the news is not true but the source seems credible.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: August 16, 2018, 07:11:15 AM »

Verve edged out Borna Gin in Dundalk last night, haven’t see the race yet but photo was extremely close. Verve confirmed as going to Irish Derby, be lucky to get 20/1 when they put him in the betting. Anything bigger and we are dancing in the streets.

20/1 for Verve for Irish Derby with 365 and Boyles, cant really see anyone going any bigger. A few Irish dog men seem to think he will like Shelbourne. Im happy to play at this price. 10 pts ew.

Bets so far for Irish Derby (With a view of going to Shelbourne for the final)

Droopy's Verve 20/1 10 pts ew 1-6 1/4

Clonbrien Hero  33/1 6 pts ew 1-6 1/4

https://youtu.be/bi3f5lwpF0U

This is Magical Logan winning on its Shelbourne debut, thought we would be lucky to get more than 20/1 after this display. Coral and boyles Have obliged with 25/1, added to the team.

Magical Logan 25/1 4pts ew 1-6  1/4

Saw a Derby trail for Slippy Cian on Twitter (as mentioned earlier) can’t copy it here as can’t find it on YouTube. Decent run. Have added it to the team 4pts ew @ 25/1.

Verve put in another decent trail a few days ago, sub 28secs. Most books have cut him again. Will probably go off sub 14/1. I may have another 8 pts ew if I can get the 16/1. Will confirm later.

I couldn’t get the 16/1 on Verve so left it, best now 12/1.

Anyway after watching a few races and reading a few articles I’ve had my biggest bet on Lenson Blinder 20/1 with BV only 15 pts ew. I’d already missed the 33/1 that 365 opened and was gutted, thought we wouldn’t see anything bigger than 16/1 so when Vic reopened after the draw I was excited to get 20/1. We know that Lenny Ponder bought the dog initially for the English Derby and for a dog that ha£ never seen Towcester he didn’t disgrace himself. Has run some great races round Shelbourne and with Slippy Cian (Litter bro) is Holland’s Main Derby hope.

I’ll try and find some videos of his runs and stick them up. That’s it for the ante post team. Starts Friday.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: August 16, 2018, 02:12:23 PM »

I’ve seen some posts on twitter saying that Greyhound staff at Towcester received an email last night at 11pm saying ithe track had gone into administration. Really not sure if it’s true as cannot find anything on a google search. Obvs hope it’s not as it will probably be the end of Greyhound racing. If Towcester can’t make it work to the standard they have been doing it then who can bring the game into the 21st century.

I took the kids to Henlow on Tuesday morning, free to get in, hand full of people, more staff eating breakfast than customers. Card full of A11-A7 racing, left after 4 races as it was just not enjoyable.

Hope the news is not true but the source seems credible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/45208147

In retrospect from what I said this morning it may mean that the other tracks will now be more competitive as the trainers move back or go to new stadiums. Must be tough for those trainers that have moved their operations to try and make Towcester a success. Maybe Sicilian might know what Mark Wallis thoughts are at this challenging time.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: August 16, 2018, 02:30:52 PM »

Incredible news.  Maybe tried to offer a big time product that there just wasn't sufficient demand for locally to make it viable outside of the big meetings. 
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: