blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:33:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 176637 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: August 18, 2010, 09:15:25 PM »

congrats, is college in Ireland the equivalent to uni in England?

Yeah.  It's Uni here too if truth be told.  But yer dealing with a Yank telling the tales...so things get jumbled sometimes. 

haha dont worry, my Dad/Gran say college too, it tilts the hell out of me! He'll soon be having a go at you for calling it college! What's he studying? and at which uni?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 18, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »

Fantastic news Dawn, I'm really pleased for both of you 

PS You're one hell of a mum too xx

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 18, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »

congrats, is college in Ireland the equivalent to uni in England?

Yeah.  It's Uni here too if truth be told.  But yer dealing with a Yank telling the tales...so things get jumbled sometimes.  

haha dont worry, my Dad/Gran say college too, it tilts the hell out of me! He'll soon be having a go at you for calling it college! What's he studying? and at which uni?

He's applied for Mechanical Engineering and a few others in Cork and just the ME in Tralee.  Monday they send out their acceptance forms to qualifying students.  Then we go on the mad hunt for student digs.  It's going to be a busy few weeks around the place.

Awwwwww, thanks.  xx

Michael answered the phone when I rang the in-laws with the news.  The man broke down in tears.  He was barely able to pull it together long enough to explain - they were tears of relief and joy.  Only he didn't need to explain.  I knew exactly how he felt.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #603 on: August 18, 2010, 11:10:12 PM »

Brilliant news Dawn and a tale well told. As ever.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 19, 2010, 12:33:36 AM »

Great stuff,gl to him.I failed my A levels in college and shed a tear over it in the pub and was gutted to see me Dad's face as he knew he couldn't do anything to cheer me up.That was 6years ago and look at me now a lazy qualified (part time) accountant/degen gambler,haha Smiley
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 19, 2010, 12:41:21 AM »

very much this
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 19, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »

Well Done Brian    Congratulations.

Love your thread Laxie, your a great Mum

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 26, 2010, 10:17:44 PM »

They know I include them in my tales but apart from Sarah, my kids don't read this thread much.  It's probably a 'teen thing'.  Every now and then I drag one or more of them over to the lappy to have a look if ye've taken the time to give them a personal message.  Otherwise I let them at it.

Just showed Brian the latest posts and he says, "Thank you everyone"...through fits of giggles.  That's what he does when he's kind of embarrassed. 

At least he didn't give out to me like Sinéad does when I post about her.  She's going to be proper pissed off in a few days time when it's her 15th birthday.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #608 on: August 26, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »

Post some unflattering pics for maximum effect.

Fabulous diarying btw.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 26, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »

Cassie and Lily are getting on great.  I put them out the back when dinner is served.  Had no choice in the end because Cassie easily reaches the top of the table.  And the kids can't resist spoiling her when she throws the sad puppy dog eyes look.

Her leg seems to be proper back to normal too.  I know this because when they're out the back during dinner, Cassie's head pops up in front of the kitchen window.  She's so funny.  Like a kangaroo, she jumps up and down in front of the window non-stop until we let them back in.  Ears flopping all over the shop, tail wagging mad and tongue hanging out with that cheeky grin she has.  We never get through the meal without ending up in fits of laughter because of her.  Once we're finished, we toss the leftovers into their food bowls and let the pair in for their after dinner treats.  Then we have a bit of play time around the place before the pair settle down in the sitting room.   

Lily still gets her trip to the field each day.  Sometimes she has a wee run for herself but mostly she just potters about with the kids and enjoys the walk.  We keep Cassie on the lead and probably always will do from now on.  She gets enough of a run around the yard and the house without risking another injury in the field.  She has more energy around the house too which is good.  Before she'd tear round the field and then sleep the rest of the day.  Now she spends a good bit more time playing with everyone at home.  And everyone's having fun.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 26, 2010, 10:43:54 PM »

Post some unflattering pics for maximum effect.

Fabulous diarying btw.

You've obviously never met Sinéad.  Ger the Duke will confirm as he's seen her on the football pitch.  That would NOT be a wise move on my part.  Her wrath is fierce!    

(Might sneak one or two cheeky ones in though.  We just won't tell her.)

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 26, 2010, 10:48:04 PM »

So tomorrow I hit the airport for APAT Worlds.  Over/under on my success with airport security?  Will be checking a bag this time as I'm not due home until Wednesday.  Nothing to carry only myself, money, ticket and passport.  What could they possibly stop me for this time?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 27, 2010, 09:11:29 AM »

And she's off.  See ya on the flip side folks! 

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 27, 2010, 05:44:17 PM »

Just caught up with the diary so WELL DONE BRIAN. It's such a difficult time for everyone.

Best of luck at Nottingham, won't get to see you as we are off to Blackpool for the monthly deepstack. Be lucky.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #614 on: August 27, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »

Just caught up, Well done Brian indeed...and good to see this diary going strong.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: