blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:51:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 176593 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: February 02, 2011, 07:39:50 PM »

Poor schmucks probably believe it too........

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-naw-groundhog-day-20100202,0,3061924.story

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 03, 2011, 02:35:31 AM »

Err, if you won the lottery you could hire cleaners innit.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 03, 2011, 09:27:27 AM »

Err, if you won the lottery you could hire cleaners innit.

Could do.  But I'd rather spend the money on a treat like a big hot tub in me back yard.  The cool kind that has an enclosure for when the weather is scandalous bad and can be opened out during decent/dry weather.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 03, 2011, 01:30:12 PM »

Was hoping to find ye a picture of the hot tub I'd like some day.  Been searching round the net for my ideal enclosed hot tub (me dream tub) and not found one I liked.  They don't even come close to the idea floating about in me head.  Good job I haven't won the lotto yet or this might have really bothered me.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:33:37 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 03, 2011, 04:29:21 PM »

Some of the things that get people worked up around the place...geeez louise!  There should be prizes for the people who don't give a toss and stay out of the random rubbish imo.  But Celtic can't be in charge of the prize giveaway.  He's fixes draws. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 03, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »

Turns out the sleeping tablets have a pretty unpleasant side effect.  I'd noticed a yucky taste in me mouth all day yesterday and wasn't sure what the heck was going on.  Initially thought maybe our water had 'gone off' or something, but it didn't matter what I ate or drank...the yucky taste was still there.  By evening it had kind of gone away.  Kind of. 

Took my next tablet last night per doc's instructions and first thing this morning the yucky taste was back.  And it stayed there all day.  No food or drink on the planet will make it go away.  Some even make it worse.  Not a bad thing when yer trying to lose the bit of weight, but it was even upsetting my routine pints of water.  What the heck is going on here?

Well, I finally got round to reading the leaflet that came with the meds.  Don't normally bother with those bits of paper to be honest.  Anyway, very first thing on the list of side effects - and supposedly a well known one too...'mild bitter or metallic taste in the mouth'.  The only time it's fecking mild is when I'm not eating or drinking anything.  Take a sip of water or a nibble of food and it kicks off a whole new level of assault on the mouth.  And if it's so well known, why didn't I know about it before now?! 

I'm meant to take these for the month.  I'll be a dehydrated twig...but at least I'll have slept a bit.  Marv.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 03, 2011, 08:11:03 PM »

i had a similar side effect from some tablets once dawn (they were beta blockers, rather than sleeping pills though).  As far as I remember the nasty taste thing did settle down after a few days.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 03, 2011, 08:15:14 PM »

i had a similar side effect from some tablets once dawn (they were beta blockers, rather than sleeping pills though).  As far as I remember the nasty taste thing did settle down after a few days.

Phew!!!  Pleeeeeeeease let this be the case here too!  I've even lost the will to cook and the girls are not impressed.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 03, 2011, 08:18:51 PM »

Phew!!!  Pleeeeeeeease let this be the case here too!  I've even lost the will to cook and the girls are not impressed.

well it either settled down or I got used to it Cheesy

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 04, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »

Fer feck sake!!!  Need to take a number for a turn at the shower in this house.  I got the short straw.  I'm 3rd in the que.  On the upside, it'll be time to get the dinner in the oven while I'm in the shower.  Unlucky girls...run better next time.   

So while I wait, suppose I'll ramble a bit.  Discovered another side effect of those sleeping tablets.  If your sleep's interrupted mid meds (oh hi der 7am and cheers SinĂ©ad and Cassie) - when ya do go back to it, you can pretty much say good bye to the rest of the day.  Didn't wake again until nearly 2pm!  Suppose it was needed so won't complain.  Chalk this up as a 'good' side effect.  Yucky taste still there though.

I've decided I'll give these tablets a couple more days to sort my sleep patterns, then I'm done with 'em.  Can't be doing with a month of yucky.  No thank you.  Plus I really need to crack on with getting some things done round here before I head off again.  Being out for the count during business hours is never a good plan if I seriously intend to tackle stuff.

And on to me next gripe of the day.  Everyone hates getting those envelopes with the wee windows through their letter box.  Ya just know ya owe when they land.  Sometimes opening said envelopes is even a toss up.  If I've got the money, I'll open 'em.  If things are tight, said envelopes go into a pile til the money comes in.

So my petty issue for today - doesn't it cost MORE to add that wee window to an envelope in production costs?  Which in turn means it costs the businesses more to buy them before filling them with our bills.  Surely if they knock those off and stick to regular envelopes, we could get a wee break on our bill.  Might only be pennies, but they add up - and they're my fecking pennies!  Plus I might be more inclined to open the envelope in the first place.  Just sayin'.... 

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 04, 2011, 04:30:03 PM »

if they didn't have the windows in the envelopes then there would be extra expense/manpower in getting the addresses printed on the front of the envelope as well as the letter/bill, innit.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 04, 2011, 04:30:11 PM »

What's your view on personalised numberplates, travelling first class, Camels and Sofas?

thanks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 04, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »

if they didn't have the windows in the envelopes then there would be extra expense/manpower in getting the addresses printed on the front of the envelope as well as the letter/bill, innit.

Meh - made sense in me own head.  Now ya've gone and thrown a monkey wrench into the works.  I'll get back to ya.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 04, 2011, 04:34:22 PM »

Meh - made sense in me own head.  Now ya've gone and thrown a monkey wrench into the works.  I'll get back to ya.

one other thing to add in the mix.  how many letters/bills do you reckon would end up in the wrong envelopes?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 04, 2011, 04:47:59 PM »

What's your view on personalised numberplates, travelling first class, Camels and Sofas?

thanks

Spending the extra money to travel first class has always tilted me for two reasons. 

1)  We're all going to the same place.  You're not getting there any faster by being an eejit who spends four times (or more?) the money, so why bother spending it?

2)  First class won't escape a crash into a corn field or the ocean any better than me. 

Plus I've this other wee theory.  First class type people are used to having everything done for them.  Need a job done...pay some other person to do it.  Flat tyre...their driver will sort it.  Want to eat...a chef will make it. 

There ain't nobody gonna be worrying about yer sorry arse if the plane goes down.  Every man for themselves.  I'm pretty sure it'll be less hassle getting through the throngs of economy class people because we know how to get dirty and get a job done.  Not so confident it'll go as well in first class to be honest.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: