blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:47:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 519 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1416059 times)
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #7710 on: April 13, 2016, 10:45:43 AM »

i was under the impression that the 8 million was  a combined sum of all the players earnings lifetime, not profit generated by the stable... if it is from the stable just wow.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: April 15, 2016, 02:39:30 PM »

Really thrilled to announce that I've signed a deal to be an ambassador for Party Poker.

Over the last few months I've spoken a lot to them and given feedback regarding software, structures, schedules and general strategy. Party have been absolutely great and really listened to all of my feedback and have been very quick to implement suggestions. The guys working behind the product now really "get it" and more important want to make it work and are prepared to take risks and take shots at big tournaments, like last week when there was over $100k overlay in a $109 tournament! They have ripped their schedule to pieces and built it back up strategically.

In previous years I hated Party Poker, I didn't trust them as there was no real link between the players and I didn't like their software or the product and games that they offered. I didn't even have the software installed.

Late last year I started to see small improvements and began to play the weekly $215 on a Sunday, it was a good tournament but I didn't feel like there was much else. As 2016 came the offer really started to improve and I now play a good % of my volume on Party and intend moving forward to play even more. Whilst I am giving a role of helping make changes and tweaks to the schedule and give my input it would be natural to assume that I will look after myself and the recent inclusion of a $109 this Sunday as well as a big improvement in the mid-high stakes offering but as an ambassador for the site I am going to take the role extremely seriously and always think about the big picture and the ecology of the site.

For over two years I worked as a full time poker ecologist and really loved the role and I'm a big geek for anything related to the poker industry. Because I am both a player and a supposed industry expert I know that Party is far from the finished product and there is a lot of room for improvement and a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. For example I think the bet slider should change to allow you to bet what you want easier, I'd like the fonts to be bigger to make it more clearer when multitabling and think that the lobby and filters section could be optimized to allow you to find the right games for what you want.

I am not the kind of guy who will bullshit and promote a product I don't believe in, Party are doing a great job now but they know they have to keep improving their whole offer if they are really going to become the biggest and best poker site in the world. What I can say is that I've met the guys behind the scenes, they care, they understand and they are very open to constructive criticism.

I believe that I can help the site become the best poker site in the world like it was not so long ago.

I won't centre this blog around Party, I'm still going to blog normally, but if you see me at a tournament this year in Vegas I'll be wearing a Party Poker patch.

I'll also be streaming on Twitch occasionally, writing some articles and being involved as much as possible.

For me it's a very proud moment, I've turned down sponsorship deals previously because of the brands that I didn't feel comfortable representing and I'm definitely never going to be a puppet boy. Now I'm employed by a site as their ambassador and I have the chance to help create the best poker site in the world for the community, that's so exciting and challenging for me.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
h

View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: April 15, 2016, 02:44:29 PM »

Congrats  am sure you can have a positive impact 
good luck with your new role
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: April 15, 2016, 02:47:38 PM »

Congrats Pad.  Sure it is deserved. 

Any chance you can let me know roughly when these new tournaments are intended to finish each night?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: April 15, 2016, 02:52:38 PM »

Congrats Pads.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7715 on: April 15, 2016, 03:31:49 PM »

Congrats mate!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: April 15, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »

Nice one Pads

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: April 15, 2016, 03:38:21 PM »

Congratulations

Mr Wayman can now go straight to the bosses and not via me? :-)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: April 15, 2016, 03:43:44 PM »

Sick, congrats Patrick.

I've been hearing lots of good things from MTT players about the improvements at Party this year, long may it continue.

I'm very sure that with the right people, Party can be the poker market leader than stars no longer wants to be.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7719 on: April 15, 2016, 03:46:21 PM »

Congratulations

Mr Wayman can now go straight to the bosses and not via me? :-)

impossible, I want the good service.  Cheesy   
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: April 15, 2016, 03:47:52 PM »

Superb news, Pads.

Congrats!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: April 15, 2016, 06:24:50 PM »

Superb! Many congratulations.

Have you sorted out business cards with Party Ambassador on, yet?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: April 15, 2016, 06:30:41 PM »

Congrats Pads, well deserved.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7723 on: April 15, 2016, 09:12:49 PM »

Superb news, Pads.

Congrats!

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7724 on: April 16, 2016, 12:45:50 PM »

Congrats Plinop,good luck with your new role.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 519 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: