blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273092 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 375126 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2011, 10:37:50 PM »

Have u read the mental game of poker? I'd highly recommend it

Will be purchasing it very soon I imagine. I read an excerpt from it in the latest Bluff Europe and it addressed some issues I hadn't really considered before. Was it the author of this book that you did the interview with?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2011, 11:35:56 PM »

Will be purchasing it very soon I imagine. I read an excerpt from it in the latest Bluff Europe and it addressed some issues I hadn't really considered before. Was it the author of this book that you did the interview with?

Yup and I bought the book too. Been going thru a very similar time to you. It's sorted me right out tho. Even when I feel like I'm going to tilt like a mofo it's helped me gain persepective and focus on my game. Results have followed not by coincidence

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2011, 03:04:39 AM »

Yup and I bought the book too. Been going thru a very similar time to you. It's sorted me right out tho. Even when I feel like I'm going to tilt like a mofo it's helped me gain persepective and focus on my game. Results have followed not by coincidence

variance imo

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2011, 07:57:58 AM »

variance imo

Nah, he's talking about Papa Bedi.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2011, 05:20:34 PM »

variance imo

Wrong.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »

variance imo
George the last couple of tournies ukipt/monte carlo you had big stacks but the uber deep run never come. has your out look now changed because you are thinking more positive about life/poker in general. you have won some not going to vegas braclets on line. have your results improved dramatically since you worked with Jared or do you just now view your results more positivly.

Wrong.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »

variance imo

Wrong.

I started using a different shampoo the morning of the Monte Carlo. It's now my favourite.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2011, 08:27:51 PM »

What a bluff. U've never even showered

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »

I done a small bink in the shadows.

The bottom end of a four figure cash reward for the number 4 spot in the £150 deepstack event. Crushed it before the first break playing comfortably never with less than 100BB, but was absolutely crippled in the 200/400/25 level when I 3bet pre versus one of the eight value spots on my table. He smooooooooth called and took a checkraise line on . I called and was up against . The inevitable on the turn was there to surgically remove 22k from my stack. Such a shame when I'm given a gift like that only to be crushed. Like being given a puppy for christmas by someone who forgot to poke air holes in the wrapping.

By some miracle or another, I didn't blow up. I found some good spots to get it in and take it down, turning 6k into 17k. The last hand before the break was a limp fest to my button where I shoved and was called by one limper with , holding on with white knuckles as the sweaty Two Clubs came off. Spoke to EsoKral on the break, great guy, always nice to put a name to a face. Was a cruise to the final table after that. With 12 left, I stuck it in with after the shortstack shoved, and the big blind found an overcall with . Flopped a king to take the chip lead and all but guarantee myself a place in the money.

All the while, I was sweating the cambridgealex in the £1k event. Was a really great feeling knowing that this was a good weekend for the boys, and I had the utmost faith in Alex. With 52 players left I said it would be Perrins and Goulder heads up. Probably could have scooped a few side bets with that one, if there was anyone in the building bad enough to disagree. I kept getting the unintentional needle from some of the regs, "What percentage of Alex do you have?" Sigh. I used to lock up 10% pre Keys and Keef. wp gents. Tongue

Watching Alex absolutely crush the final table definitely took the sting out of my premature tournament exit. To the fish who should have been knocked out beforehand on several occasions, no less. To quote, after getting it in with vs and binking for 25% of the chips in play, "you only just made it more than a minraise, how can I not raise that weak bet?" [  ] Fair justification, given the standard opening size. LOL MTT WTFaments. He was happy to insta chop it with another fishbowl and Maria Demamimatriouaiouiueiau. Of course the final table rail was absolutely electric. The kingball on the turn 3 handed, very reminiscent of the jackball we were all calling for at the start of Alex's career this time last year. Obviously very pleased for him, and will expect to see him land a few more flags before too long.

Plans for microbink: tee shirts, sushi, sushi, sashimi, sushi, losing with KK pre, losing with KK on K87, bus fare to jobcentre. Will keep you up to date on the success of this plan.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2011, 01:47:35 PM »

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2011, 02:01:05 PM »

wouldn't say I crushed it at all. Perrins crushed it, I just had good timing Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2011, 06:06:48 PM »

Plans for microbink: tee shirts, sushi, sushi, sashimi, sushi, losing with KK pre, losing with KK on K87, bus fare to jobcentre. Will keep you up to date on the success of this plan.

post moaaaar
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »

wouldn't say I crushed it at all. Perrins crushed it, I just had good timing Cheesy

Having watched a lot of the stream i would say thats a fair and honest assessment. Very noble and modest of you. But that happens in tournaments so you gotta take it whilst you can.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2011, 09:01:14 PM »

The bottom end of a four figure cash reward for the number 4 spot in the £150 deepstack event. Crushed it before the first break playing comfortably never with less than 100BB, but was absolutely crippled in the 200/400/25 level when I 3bet pre versus one of the eight value spots on my table. He smooooooooth called and took a checkraise line on . I called and was up against . The inevitable on the turn was there to surgically remove 22k from my stack. Such a shame when I'm given a gift like that only to be crushed. Like being given a puppy for christmas by someone who forgot to poke air holes in the wrapping.

By some miracle or another, I didn't blow up. I found some good spots to get it in and take it down, turning 6k into 17k. The last hand before the break was a limp fest to my button where I shoved and was called by one limper with , holding on with white knuckles as the sweaty Two Clubs came off. Spoke to EsoKral on the break, great guy, always nice to put a name to a face. Was a cruise to the final table after that. With 12 left, I stuck it in with after the shortstack shoved, and the big blind found an overcall with . Flopped a king to take the chip lead and all but guarantee myself a place in the money.

All the while, I was sweating the cambridgealex in the £1k event. Was a really great feeling knowing that this was a good weekend for the boys, and I had the utmost faith in Alex. With 52 players left I said it would be Perrins and Goulder heads up. Probably could have scooped a few side bets with that one, if there was anyone in the building bad enough to disagree. I kept getting the unintentional needle from some of the regs, "What percentage of Alex do you have?" Sigh. I used to lock up 10% pre Keys and Keef. wp gents. Tongue

Watching Alex absolutely crush the final table definitely took the sting out of my premature tournament exit. To the fish who should have been knocked out beforehand on several occasions, no less. To quote, after getting it in with vs and binking for 25% of the chips in play, "you only just made it more than a minraise, how can I not raise that weak bet?" [  ] Fair justification, given the standard opening size. LOL MTT WTFaments. He was happy to insta chop it with another fishbowl and Maria Demamimatriouaiouiueiau. Of course the final table rail was absolutely electric. The kingball on the turn 3 handed, very reminiscent of the jackball we were all calling for at the start of Alex's career this time last year. Obviously very pleased for him, and will expect to see him land a few more flags before too long.

Was gutted to see you not win this after our little chat about our respective spews and then my PURE BUBBLE, love the diary but  Poshboy is still marginally ahead of the pack!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2011, 12:47:08 PM »

Was gutted to see you not win this after our little chat about our respective spews and then my PURE BUBBLE, love the diary but  Poshboy is still marginally ahead of the pack!!

[  ] Marginally.

Also, agree. Would have been a fun final with three Blondites.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: