blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:37:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 370273 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: July 18, 2012, 01:23:53 PM »

Normally have a bit more gamble when I play at Dusk and make some thinner +ev moves. Gala is just somewhere I go when I'm short on cash and need to put gas in my car.

[/quote]

Love that bit, sorry if I missed this but are you back grinding full time again or mixing with some work?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 18, 2012, 02:04:46 PM »

Normally have a bit more gamble when I play at Dusk and make some thinner +ev moves. Gala is just somewhere I go when I'm short on cash and need to put gas in my car.

Love that bit, sorry if I missed this but are you back grinding full time again or mixing with some work?
[/quote]

Got a steady trickle of cash coming in from some design stuff and occasionally do some writing. Would say poker is my main source of income, and has been going well since I restarted. Actually hate real work so I'm doing everything I can to make this pay off.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 18, 2012, 02:14:52 PM »

you folded qq because you didnt want to gamble? its not that you are going to be flipping exactly 50% and betting your whole stack, the odds are massively favourable in your advantage PLUS pot odds, not taking these "gambles" when you are getting such a great price compared to your equity is literally burning money and in the long run you will be hugely effected by this and will considerably shatter your win rate.

if you're folding in these spots because of the scared money I seriously would recommend not playing in the games as mentally if you get a bad beat etc with your history of negativity etc its just going to crush your soul and will be super difficult to bounce back.

hope comes as constructive Smiley

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 18, 2012, 04:21:41 PM »

you folded qq because you didnt want to gamble? its not that you are going to be flipping exactly 50% and betting your whole stack, the odds are massively favourable in your advantage PLUS pot odds, not taking these "gambles" when you are getting such a great price compared to your equity is literally burning money and in the long run you will be hugely effected by this and will considerably shatter your win rate.

if you're folding in these spots because of the scared money I seriously would recommend not playing in the games as mentally if you get a bad beat etc with your history of negativity etc its just going to crush your soul and will be super difficult to bounce back.

Well obviously its not a gamble as such, but in these games I can win a decent chunk of money close to 100% of the time. The kind of games where they bet 2x pot into your pfr with one pair, so fold if you don't have it, move in if you do. Three queens is of course not a fold if I'm in the game to play as optimally as possible, but why play a £600 pot with ~60% equity when I can play ten £50 pots and win close to 100% of the time. Of course if the lads insist on coming to ruin the picnic then I don't mind sticking it in there as a long term profitable play.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 18, 2012, 04:27:45 PM »

Its seriously flawed thinking.

You're not going to win 10 £50 pots close to 100% of the time. What you are doing here is similar to where you make money. You turning down these huge EV offers where you are literally burning money is as bad as the guys calling flops with gutshots. It cant be described as anything else but flawed and fishy thinking.

You have already put money in pre and post so you are even forfeiting this money 100% of the time by folding.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 18, 2012, 04:28:36 PM »

And no matter how good you perceive yourself to be, there is nobody on the forum who is good enough to warrant turning down these kinda of EV offers.

If you're playing in the ME then ok, but its cash games where you make money by making correct decisions.

JustinSayne

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 18, 2012, 04:28:46 PM »

but why play a £600 pot with ~60% equity

Because you are effectively setting £60 on fire by folding every time.

Sounds like a serious case of scared money imo.

I can understand passing up on a break even/tiny equity edge in certain spots. Lets say your 1k deep with a fish and if you lose this hand you cant reload etc then thats fine. Otherwise just embrace variance.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 18, 2012, 04:29:27 PM »

And no matter how good you perceive yourself to be, there is nobody on the forum who is good enough to warrant turning down these kinda of EV offers.

If you're playing in the ME then ok, but its cash games where you make money by making correct decisions.

correct.

Can't believe you're turning these spots down mate.  So bad long term.

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 18, 2012, 04:52:11 PM »

Agree bad long term. Defo scared money as well.
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 18, 2012, 05:58:20 PM »

Gameflow wise it felt like Alex was uber strong, to be fair Sean was snap getting his money in with sets on the night.
Can see how it may look bad in the cold light of day although with the way the action went (he led Jimmy raised Alex shoved i think).
Certainly didnt feel like scared money to me felt like a confident fold and was unsuprised he had losing hand.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 18, 2012, 06:05:58 PM »

I dont know if we can speak again Sean.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 18, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »

I obviously had something good but I'm doing the same with all two pairs, 99, Axhh + all combo draws. And JT obv.

Not sure what you mean by gameflow Will, I was stuck at that point so if anything more likely to gamble to get out of it.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 18, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »

I obviously had something good but I'm doing the same with all two pairs, 99, Axhh + all combo draws. And JT obv.

Not sure what you mean by gameflow Will, I was stuck at that point so if anything more likely to gamble to get out of it.

Game flow/dynamic/meta game would mean alot more against a sophisticated player. Really just means table dynamics, history with opponents, your image and actions and how they affect how your opponents are perceiving you. Of course we dont know for sure you are going to spew at this moment...We never know anything for certain in poker.

Didnt feel like Sean was leveling here, im going to give credit for a nice fold and not be results orientated     

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 19, 2012, 01:15:41 AM »

solid level mr belton!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 19, 2012, 01:27:35 AM »

solid level mr belton!

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »