blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:53:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 370327 times)
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: July 31, 2012, 03:19:56 AM »

Winning mentality is the way to go. Didn't really realise how massive confidence is until just recently. Definetly yourself or Jack Allen for the next big rail. (providing you play a tournament)
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 31, 2012, 05:19:18 AM »

'All it takes is confidence' - Bryn Kenney.

Nice bink PJ that should make moving into the new house a little less stress. wp

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 01, 2012, 01:39:55 PM »

July Results:

Live profit: £1959
Live hours: 107.25

Online profit: -$99.63

Obviously very happy with this. I still have a lot to learn and I'm still fighting some old demons, but I will say this much - I love the game.

Very happy for PJ and Alex on their well deserved score. Happy for Stato who has put in about 8 hours live poker this month and made about 3x what I did. Tom and I are still propping up the table, and what's worse for him is that I just insinuated that he and I are equals. The race to the big score is on, with the £200 deepstack looming.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 01, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »

Big score in the shadows for you, Thigh or Jack Allen is my read.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 01, 2012, 07:14:53 PM »

gg July. Stop burning it with that last HH though. Eww.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 02, 2012, 02:56:29 AM »

What are the spewtard reasons behind why you did what you did???

Least I bother to make something up.... Tongue

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 02, 2012, 11:40:27 AM »

What are the spewtard reasons behind why you did what you did???

Least I bother to make something up.... Tongue

Didn't want to skew the spoiler by explaining my thought process. Forgot nobody reads this diary though.

Basically, the fact that he was Norwegian played a huge part in it. Would normally aim to get him to spaz pre and embrace the variance, but I saw that he was running some 3 barrel bluffs against everyone. Literally had 53o on exactly the same board texture, and fired three with 87 high no pair no draw into the guy on his left who is basically incapable of creating a dynamic. For this reason I have to assume he's taking off loads of the time, but I have no visibility in the hand I'm literally closing my eyes and calling. One of the streets is definitely  fold.
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 02, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »

Big score in the shadows for you, Thigh or Jack Allen is my read.

Sigh. You know its time to quit when even your own backer hasnt got faith!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 02, 2012, 05:52:20 PM »

Hard to win if you don't play met

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 03, 2012, 02:35:09 AM »

Swingy start to the month! Sat down in a decent 1/2 game and won the first hand where I raise-called in position, checked back a board, bet a turn and potted a Two Clubs river. Villain called and mucked. Could have locked up a win right here. Tongue

Played an interesting one against stato where I, uh, "under-repped" my hand. The player on the button was/is always squeezing loads, so when stato opens, I just peel with aces. Naturally the best laid plans of mice and men go often awry, and we instead go five ways to a flop of . Stato bets out £16 into £35. Obviously I don't think he's ever bluffing into four people so I risk sort of turning my hand face-up here, but I can beat a queen and some flush draws although I did have the blocker. We go heads up to a turn and check check. I guess I'm supposed to bet-fold the turn and fold to river aggression if he check-calls. Bet-folded the two hearts river instead, as painful as it was. He says he had the full house which makes sense, but also said he'd play kings the same way although I'm not entirely convinced. Not unhappy with the way I played this one, just wanted to do something slightly different and it didn't work out. Not to worry.

Get myself back in the black with an obscure play from the small blind, where serial opener has made it £7 and there's been three callers. I make it £38 with the (I don't know why I can't stop playing the J4s; I must have a disease.) Squeeze sure worked and I get three callers. Get a pretty nice board to cbet and it gets through thank goodness. Flopped a set a little later on versus stato. Not sure how I should have played this one as he's basically too good. I raise the £8 straddle to £26 with fours, which folds round and stato defends. flop. He checkraises my £39 cbet to £90. I have about £300 back. I feel like calling and getting it in on most turns is probably the way to do it, but it feels like he has combos a lot of the time here so just shipped it. He snapfolds this time though.

The last hand I played was gross. Tilty guy opens to £8 behind a limper, two callers, I call from the big with and we go four ways to the flop. I lead out on and get two callers. I bet again on the turn, the OR calls and the last guy pots it which pretty much sets me in. I sort of knew it was the 86, but this particular villain can take off here with two pair loads so I flicked it in. Wasn't surprised to see the straight. Kind of annoying. Peaked at +£160 and walked away losing £450. Not an ideal start to the month but if things start looking up I can definitely reach the £20k yearly goal by the end of this month. Winning the £200 tomorrow will definitely help! Cheesy

Might get an early night, might fire up a few on Stars, undecided right now. I'll have a trip report tomorrow for day 1a. Happy to lay any price for any amount that I make it to the end of the day and then lose the chiplead pot with AK. Love the game anyway. Peace.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:56:04 AM by zerofive » Logged
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 03, 2012, 06:31:55 PM »

Nice report, shame about the loss but no biggy. GL in 200. GETTTTTTTTTTTTT!
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 04, 2012, 06:43:14 AM »

Many g's and L's
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 04, 2012, 12:27:59 PM »

Failed to get anything going yesterday. The very first hand I raised when we were 3 handed, the big blind calls and we see a flop. Maybe it really is going to be my day! He checks, I bet, he calls. on the turn. He checks, I bet, he calls. on the river and he donks for pot. FOLD. Damn game.

I basically folded until level 5. Meanwhile, Rastafish sat down to my immediate right and made three sets in his first orbit at the table. I got bored in level 3 and started putting every hand in my phone but literally all I did was fold. Did the same in level 5 but actually played a hand or two. So let's try this; hopefully it won't be too boring, I wouldn't want to drive away my huge audience. Roll Eyes

Level 5: 200/400/50, playing 22,450

SB. Fold to Rasta's button raise of like 3.5x. He shows AK.

Btn. Fold to a raise from some random, pretty boring 'cause I'd really like to open a hand from here or the cutoff as the blinds are super nitty.

Co. Two Diamonds Folded to me, so I get a chance to prey on the nitty blinds and pray they don't wake up versus me. Make it 1,025 which is a little bigger than normal, but the bb is definitely peeling any two to an exact minraise. Get it through. First one in the W column all day.

Hj. I raise to 1,750 behind two limpers, who both flick in the extra juice and we go three ways to . I bet 3,300 and took it down.

MP. Fold. It's still difficult to not see this hand as an auto open in tournaments!

+2. Open to 800, fish to my left calls, then the active guy on the button makes it 1,700. I know if I flat then the fish behind me flats, which is okay but it then means I probably need to flop a pair which is hard to do. Regained the initiative instead as I think I win it here sometimes and he peels with loads of worse hands. I make it 4,900 and the button calls. . I now have a pretty easy bet, make it 4,400 and he snap folds. The interesting thing about this hand is that, after he busts a few levels later, he comes to find me to ask me what I had when I "limp-raised his button." I guess that probably helped me win the hand. He thought I limped and the guy behind me minraised, which reveals a horrible misconception of two players' tendencies and that also means that he wasn't paying as much attention as I thought he was. He told me he had TT and was calling to hit two outs 'cause I definitely had AA or KK. The solace is that I'm clearly good at hiding the strength of my hand, even if it sometimes completely by accident!

+1. Fold

UTG. Fold

BB. three clubs Fold to a raise from Rasta in the small blind unopened. Never know whether to go to war with him in these blind v blind scenarios, because as much as he's supposed to be bluffing at least sometimes, he just never is. Obviously my exact hand isn't the time to take off versus him, but I'm probably folding way more hands than I would against most players just because he's pretty likely to have it.

SB. Fold

Btn. Fold to a raise from MP somewhere. Pretty annoying when we have blockers and nitty blinds!

Co. Fold to the same guy. Thought about 3balling 'cause he seemed to be getting out of line, but it folded round and he showed KK. Good job I'm a complete puss.

Total: 12 hands, now playing 31,575

12 hands in one blind level seems like a bit of a joke, right? Anyway to conclude, the table broke a few hands later, I got moved to an incredibly active table where I found 73o every hand, wilted down to 14k at 600/1200/200 and jammed the hijack the hand before the break with 93o, the small blind snap called and the big blind tank folded. Nice to know it wasn't getting through either. He flips over A9s. Marv. 3 on the turn to stay alive though. This table broke and I moved onto an incredibly soft table, with the chip leader to my left. First hand I found was 55 utg. Jammed 14bb and got snapped from the whale on the button, but then the big blind tank folded so definitely folded some of his outs. He turns over the and the flop comes . Only need to miss most of the deck now. The pairs the turn and the lands on the river. If I win the flip I have average stack and 30bb on the easiest table in the room so I'm going to consider myself very unfortunate not to have flipped better.

Going to come back and do it all over again when the £500 deepstack comes to town. Will be selling bits and pieces in the live staking thread nearer the time. Until then, I just need to wash off this hazy feeling I get when I play 10 hours of tournament poker and make some pairs on buyin poker. Goooooooooo.

Peace.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 04, 2012, 12:40:52 PM »

Sameeee, grinded it out for 12 levels last night, and 8 60minute levels the day before in Stoke borrrrring. Did wins at the buyin poker to make up for it. Sort of.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rbc_mike

View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 04, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »

wilted down to 14k at 600/1200/200 and jammed the hijack the hand before the break with 93o, the small blind snap called and the big blind tank folded. Nice to know it wasn't getting through either. He flips over A9s. Marv. 3 on the turn to stay alive though.

I'm going to consider myself very unfortunate not to have flipped better

Dying's for fools.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: