blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 10:34:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 375442 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: February 19, 2013, 07:21:18 PM »

Had AA greater than something for stacks. Almost out of it. Then QJ less than 94 on J K K 9 9. Right back in it.

How did this hand play out? All sorts of hands > QJ on J K K 9 9

Villain was a drunk guy absolutely spooning it out, he thought his QT < KQ versus a nit on K Q 8 6 3 was a cooler. Basically he raised pre mp and three barreled, I just called it off each street. Pretty standard that he gets there. His flop and turn sizing was unusually big, then he had the chance to jam river and didn't so it felt like an easy call. In retrospect I think he thought I had a king but he didn't want to check a full house when he was doing his nuts. Can't see any merit in raising any street, and I basically have to call versus him on any river because there's nothing really that weights his range towards better hands, except maybe a Queen, but even then he's drunk and he has 94, so there;s no reason he can't have 84.

mmmm thanks. I'm officially not good at live cash poker but can sort of understand your logic, but imagine the response if that hand had been posted in JGCB's diary.

indeed....

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: February 19, 2013, 07:23:06 PM »

Please don't punt mate... you're too good for that!

Grind grind and grind!

I did message you about sharing a hotel last weekend for a few days of grinding... Look up cheap hotel rooms in Lundan and please go get the money I'm not going to be in the UK to pickup over the next few weeks!

Take the boys if necessary, get an apartment... there is 1/2 and 2/5 minimum EVERYWHERE! - you'll find a strange 5/10 at the palm a lot and bigger in a few select places.

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: February 19, 2013, 08:07:55 PM »

Go down the vic, sit in the £5/10 Omaha game, win 7k and boost morale to 90% .... joking haha

I love your honesty, and although I obv don't want you to lose, I find it refreshing to see so much honesty about how it's not that easy to just keep winning all the time, it's way tougher than what a lot of people make it out to be.

Having said all that, you seem good enough to be able to dig deep and go on a good run to get back in the zone, I would advise playing other places, even for 1 or 2 sessions, think the break to a different town will do u the world of good, and will give u a good boost in confidence. Birmingham is only an hour away from Notts, and there games run till all hours.

Best of luck with it, really hope u turn it around!
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: February 19, 2013, 09:03:19 PM »

I think changing venue is a great idea. From my limited experience the 1/2 games at DTD are some of the toughest. The Hipp and Empire have far more casual through traffic which for guys relying on poker for income would seem to be a necessary requirement if you are going to make a real living.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
polaroid83

View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: February 19, 2013, 09:59:29 PM »

I agree with Mr Gascoigne. The dtd 1-2 game is pretty tough. When I come over to play 1-2 if there's only 1 or 2 tables there's not many easy spots at the table tbh. Do you ever play the 1-1 game. I sometimes sit in that game if I see a 1-2 game with the likes of Alex,Andy,Mitch,Simon,Ian Tom HIgh. But then if you sit on that table the banter is always so good. Do you play online at all?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: February 19, 2013, 10:10:58 PM »

I agree with Mr Gascoigne. The dtd 1-2 game is pretty tough. When I come over to play 1-2 if there's only 1 or 2 tables there's not many easy spots at the table tbh. Do you ever play the 1-1 game. I sometimes sit in that game if I see a 1-2 game with the likes of Alex,Andy,Mitch,Simon,Ian Tom HIgh. But then if you sit on that table the banter is always so good. Do you play online at all?

This meant to say "even"?

Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: February 19, 2013, 11:12:31 PM »

I haven't played online for a long time. I don't know why, it just stopped bringing my any enjoyment whatsoever. It felt like pure monotony for a small profit, which admittedly is better than doing my nuts in live games sessions after session, but it feels like "a real job," and to be honest I think I'd prefer to grind coffee beans than six tables of low stakes holdem.

It would be better if I could play MTTs online to any real standard, 'cause to be truthful I think I'm pretty shit at tournaments (this changes in the live arena because the stakes I play live attract a lot of bad players, no disrespect etc. just the truth). I don't have the money for a coach though, so the only other option is a backer and I'm definitely low low down the list of players that would benefit backing for online MTTs.

The £1/1 games at Dusk are amazing to play in, straddles allowed, £250 max, decent player pool most of the time, but they hardly ever run except Friday and Saturday, and that's when the £1/2 get hella juicy.

Sounds like I'm just trying to be contrary, but this is basically the crossroads I'm at, and I was hoping to let this £2/5 session really give me a push in one direction or another.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: February 19, 2013, 11:15:46 PM »

Go down the vic, sit in the £5/10 Omaha game, win 7k and boost morale to 90% .... joking haha

I love your honesty, and although I obv don't want you to lose, I find it refreshing to see so much honesty about how it's not that easy to just keep winning all the time, it's way tougher than what a lot of people make it out to be.

Having said all that, you seem good enough to be able to dig deep and go on a good run to get back in the zone, I would advise playing other places, even for 1 or 2 sessions, think the break to a different town will do u the world of good, and will give u a good boost in confidence. Birmingham is only an hour away from Notts, and there games run till all hours.

I didn't know you followed the diary Dreenie! I think you and I share a lot of the same pain in poker. Smiley

I used to travel to Broadway for a game once a week, but that dried up. I heard that Star City is now the place to play. How often do you play in Birmingham and what games run?
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: February 19, 2013, 11:21:15 PM »

I think if you wanted to do online mtts you have enough resources and talent to become pretty successful in that area.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: February 20, 2013, 12:09:13 AM »

Sean, don't do online mtts dude! you need low variance shit man.

i dont think the 2/5 is a bad idea - if it goes wrong you're gonna be fine, still rolled to grind the 1/1 games etc which can be beaten for a half decent wage, and if it goes well, you're back on top of the world, healthily rolled and confident etc.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: February 20, 2013, 03:04:02 AM »

Sean, don't do online mtts dude! you need low variance shit man.

i dont think the 2/5 is a bad idea - if it goes wrong you're gonna be fine, still rolled to grind the 1/1 games etc which can be beaten for a half decent wage, and if it goes well, you're back on top of the world, healthily rolled and confident etc.

get on the train and punt in london 2/5 games over the dtd one for sure!

Its either a job, or its not... and the 2/5 at dtd is probably as tough as the 20/40 @ the vic.

Get to the big city, crush and bring home the ££ to rub on titties!  Hippo has rake free for 24hr promo at 2pm, get there, win it and crush rake free!!!!

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: February 20, 2013, 09:15:20 AM »

I didn't know you followed the diary Dreenie! I think you and I share a lot of the same pain in poker. Smiley

I used to travel to Broadway for a game once a week, but that dried up. I heard that Star City is now the place to play. How often do you play in Birmingham and what games run?

I don't play there, but I know a few people who do and they tell me the games are good. Star city has ridic rake, can't believe how low it is, and broadway is always fish infested at the weekends apparantly.

I don't mean you have to play elsewhere all the time, but I think right now for you, it would be a good idea to go somewhere where no one knows your game, a different scenery might help you to get back on the right track and restore some postiveness.

London is good, the rake isn't that great, but it's fair, there are loads of fish and general punters that have no clue, they just want a gamble, so maybe that would be ideal - The vic is good at weekends, specially if you come early in the day, get comfortable, get some winning hands under your belt and throughout the night you will see a mixture of players come and take a stab at the games, bit like printing money.

I don't personally like the empire for the sole reason, too many drunk players, too slow, but the games are good, my friend works there, and he's always telling me to grind over there, again too many randoms with no clue.

The hippodrome is ridiculiously soft, but I don't like the height issue, the tables are on the 3rd floor or something ridiculious, so I don't feel comfortable, but a friend of mine  did a 48 hr session there a couple of months back, sat with £500 or something and got it to like 7.3k in a £1/2 loooool

I think you really have to go for the value in games, and if you came to London there are so many tables running, you can just chop and change as and when you see fit, do the same with dtd too, even if there is 1 fish on another 1/2 table, change over to play that game, I'm sure you will see the difference.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: February 20, 2013, 09:33:50 AM »

Dreenie is correct. If you are a professional poker player you must go 'where the profitable work is '.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: February 20, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »

Dreenie is correct. If you are a professional poker player you must go 'where the profitable work is '.

Dear Mr I Gascoigne.

Might I enquire as to why you now find it necessary to begin all your posts with a tab space?

Regards,

Milli of Donk

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: February 20, 2013, 11:19:43 AM »

You'll have to ask his secretary

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »