blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:45:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272581 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 ... 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 492914 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3870 on: April 02, 2013, 06:01:09 PM »

Negotiated it better than I did then Cheesy

I wasn't too bad really, but put on a few lbs in water through excessive egg consumption...

Plain white rice I have as this per 100g cooked weight.   
Protein:  3g                                 
Carbs:  30g                              
Fat:       1g
Cals:     141

Thanks Marky.

Sorry to be a pain, but can you please express 100g (cooked weight) in something I can understand?

How much of a regular-sized cup or mug is "100g cooked weight"? Half a cup, a full cup?

Incidentally, my Diet-regime is rather primitive, I ONLY concentrate on Calories, or "Kcals" as I think they are now described. I have no idea about those other things.

In my world "protein" is something linked with DNA & RNA, "carbs" go on a car, for feeding petrol to the engine thing, & "fat" is Red-Dog.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: April 02, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

That man was not me, but its worth a try....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: April 03, 2013, 12:11:19 PM »

Week 5 Update

Weigh in at 7.40am 03/04/2013
16st 4lbs (1lb down)

24.5% body fat (same)

48.7% water (sameish)

The good=  3 litres of water a day and generally felt less sluggish for that ate to the plan apart from sunday

The bad= done some exercise but not enough by a long chalk

good luck all
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: April 03, 2013, 12:42:05 PM »

Negotiated it better than I did then Cheesy

I wasn't too bad really, but put on a few lbs in water through excessive egg consumption...

Plain white rice I have as this per 100g cooked weight.   
Protein:  3g                                 
Carbs:  30g                              
Fat:       1g
Cals:     141

Thanks Marky.

Sorry to be a pain, but can you please express 100g (cooked weight) in something I can understand?

How much of a regular-sized cup or mug is "100g cooked weight"? Half a cup, a full cup?

Incidentally, my Diet-regime is rather primitive, I ONLY concentrate on Calories, or "Kcals" as I think they are now described. I have no idea about those other things.

In my world "protein" is something linked with DNA & RNA, "carbs" go on a car, for feeding petrol to the engine thing, & "fat" is Red-Dog.

Or even.....

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: April 03, 2013, 12:43:35 PM »

WEEK ONE loss =  7.5lbs.

Week TWO Loss = 3lbs.

Week THREE Loss = 2.5lbs

Week FOUR loss = 2lbs

Week FIVE loss = 2lbs

Week SIX Loss = 1.5lbs

Week SEVEN loss = 1lb

TOTAL loss so far, after 54 days, = 23.5lbs.

March 30th - 12st 6lbs (0.5lbs loss)

March 31st - 12st 6lbs

April 1st - 12st 5.5lbs

April 2nd - 12st 5lbs

April 3rd - 12st 5lbs

Week 8 Target - 1lb loss

Month Two Target - 7lbs loss loss. 4.5lbs achieved after first 3 weeks. 

Average loss per week after 7 weeks = 3lbs

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: April 03, 2013, 06:48:31 PM »

I am a fat fat man!

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: April 04, 2013, 10:03:13 AM »

Day 41

Starting Weight - 18st 4lbs

Target Weight - 16st 4lbs

Current Weight - 17st 6lbs

First stumbling block, no weight loss this week. Need to up the exercise though as this is the stage I normally fail at past weigh loss challenges so must battle through!

Hard weekend coming up, out on a stag weekend so I expect some weight gain therefore excercise in the week will be important to try and balance it all out I think!
just seen this Dylan. Good luck with this. Have you been playing any live poker lately?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: April 04, 2013, 06:26:28 PM »

Day 41

Starting Weight - 18st 4lbs

Target Weight - 16st 4lbs

Current Weight - 17st 6lbs

First stumbling block, no weight loss this week. Need to up the exercise though as this is the stage I normally fail at past weigh loss challenges so must battle through!

Hard weekend coming up, out on a stag weekend so I expect some weight gain therefore excercise in the week will be important to try and balance it all out I think!
just seen this Dylan. Good luck with this. Have you been playing any live poker lately?

Hi Jason, thank you!

No, only played a handful of comps live in the last few years, if I play it is mostly online these days with a bowl full of chocolate fruit by my side Smiley 

Ship It!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: April 04, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »

Think a normal portion of rice would be between 100-200g (cooked), which would be about half a cup uncooked?  But that's just a guess, so could be way out.

Thanks, that was what I needed to know.

This is absolutely miles out!!! It'll be fun if you try it but expect a huge plate full of rice if you boil half a cup!!

I use a little protein scooper to measure out my rice. It's about the size of an egg cup but without the egg shape at the bottom. Cylindrical would be a better description.

I'd estimate about 45mm in diameter and 60mm in height. About the size of a stack of 15 chips.

Not sure what the cooked weight is but it's 50g uncooked and I'd guess it at least triples when cooked.

I use the cup that came with my rice cooker and use a full cup for a portion for me.

Like I said, no idea how close that is to its cooked weight, or how large a 'portion' is.

Tried this properly last night.

My little measuring scoop holds 56g of dry uncooked rice.

Once cooked it was 159g.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: April 04, 2013, 06:40:57 PM »

Slow progress on my milly challenge on the concept 2. Today's session of 10k plus warm down has lifted me to 133k for the year. Not exactly where I was hoping I was at, but I am down to one session a week as my running miles increase. #keepthefaith

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: April 04, 2013, 07:59:51 PM »

Haven't posted in a while.....

Had the eating under control, struggled to get the exercise regime together.

Now I am exercising regularly and the eating slipped a bit...

My life has always been over-correction after over-correction, and putting right faults with other faults.  Am now trying by trial and error to get the balance right.  Vegas looms on the not-too-distant horizon, nothing drastic required, just removing pud from the menu (unless fruit) and swerving hi-fat/hi-carb options for now and mixed in with the exercise, will see how that goes for a few weeks.  No real target in mind, but should be getting on the plane pretty close to 16st and all will be well.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: April 05, 2013, 06:27:36 AM »

Start Weight: 22st 6lbs

Current Weight (after about 4 weeks from start): 21st 5lbs

Target weight: Unsure-16-17stone (Need to probably read body fat %) At 6'3 I would be looking to go for the brick****house look, rugby player build, as that is what has come naturally to me in the past, but looking to get serious into goalkeeping, so will probably adapt where needs be.

Goal to be slim in about 9 months (start of 2014), around 70 pounds of fat to lose. Average amount to lose then of around 8lbs a month or 2lbs a week.

Really enjoying the gym, when I go, but have only done 3 2 hour sessions in the last month. Have limited my calorie intake from the normal exorbitant amount I was on, but taking my time here, as I don't want anything to be too tough to do, so small and assured steps.

I think I might go to the gym every other day for a solid 2 hour session, and will work to look into my diet in much more detail, slowly, as the weeks go by, with the emphasis more on the exercise. Generally though, I am keeping to a rule of fasting for 2 hours after the gym, as I have seen this helps in stopping me overeat when i do go at it.

All good here and I think I am on track.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 06:30:19 AM by Ant040689 » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: April 05, 2013, 12:01:36 PM »

WEEK ONE loss =  7.5lbs.

Week TWO Loss = 3lbs.

Week THREE Loss = 2.5lbs

Week FOUR loss = 2lbs

Week FIVE loss = 2lbs

Week SIX Loss = 1.5lbs

Week SEVEN loss = 1lb

Week EIGHT loss = 1.5lbs

TOTAL loss so far, after 56 days, = 25lbs.

March 30th - 12st 6lbs (0.5lbs loss)

March 31st - 12st 6lbs

April 1st - 12st 5.5lbs

April 2nd - 12st 5lbs

April 3rd - 12st 5lbs

April 4th - 12st 5lbs

April 5th - 12st 5lbs

Week 9 Target - 1lb loss

Month TWO Loss was 6lbs.

Month THREE Target - 5lbs loss loss.

Average loss per week after 8 weeks = 3lbs

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: April 05, 2013, 01:48:12 PM »

Target weight: Unsure-16-17stone (Need to probably read body fat %) At 6'3 I would be looking to go for the brick****house look, rugby player build, as that is what has come naturally to me in the past, but looking to get serious into goalkeeping, so will probably adapt where needs be.

Goal to be slim in about 9 months (start of 2014), around 70 pounds of fat to lose. Average amount to lose then of around 8lbs a month or 2lbs a week.

Really enjoying the gym, when I go, but have only done 3 2 hour sessions in the last month. Have limited my calorie intake from the normal exorbitant amount I was on, but taking my time here, as I don't want anything to be too tough to do, so small and assured steps.

I think I might go to the gym every other day for a solid 2 hour session, and will work to look into my diet in much more detail, slowly, as the weeks go by, with the emphasis more on the exercise. Generally though, I am keeping to a rule of fasting for 2 hours after the gym, as I have seen this helps in stopping me overeat when i do go at it.

Hi Ant, sounds like you have a very similar build to myself and I'm just about 1/2 a foot shorter Cheesy

Bodyfat is a much better indicator than pure weight, but I'm not concerning myself with that until I'm looking much healthier and lighter.

At my healthiest/fittest, I was still 14 stone and if I had been the suggested 11st 8lbs they would have probably been using me in a malnutrition advert somewhere!

Absolutely no need for 2hour gym sessions, would be much more beneficial doing an hour a few times a week and for body recomposition get some weights on the go (if you're not already)

Bodies are made in the kitchen, so I would focus on the diet before the gym... Unfortunate because I am the same as you with regard to eating crap.

Not sure you want to be fasting for 2 hours after the gym, I would be looking to replenish it with nutrients by means of a protein shake or a decent meal in the period immediately after training.

GLGL

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: April 05, 2013, 03:56:27 PM »

Hi Ant, sounds like you have a very similar build to myself and I'm just about 1/2 a foot shorter Cheesy

Bodyfat is a much better indicator than pure weight, but I'm not concerning myself with that until I'm looking much healthier and lighter.

At my healthiest/fittest, I was still 14 stone and if I had been the suggested 11st 8lbs they would have probably been using me in a malnutrition advert somewhere!

Absolutely no need for 2hour gym sessions, would be much more beneficial doing an hour a few times a week and for body recomposition get some weights on the go (if you're not already)

Bodies are made in the kitchen, so I would focus on the diet before the gym... Unfortunate because I am the same as you with regard to eating crap.

Not sure you want to be fasting for 2 hours after the gym, I would be looking to replenish it with nutrients by means of a protein shake or a decent meal in the period immediately after training.

GLGL

2 hours of gym consists of about 50 mins on the cross trainer, about 30 mins resting/stretching and 40 mins weights (dock mins from all of these as I get showered and changed within the time). Basically weights only on my legs at the minute. Want to develop my knees as quickly as possible to deal with my torso to make gym much more fun for a guy so overweight. Hopefully that is not flawed logic as I am already muscular on top, and I think when my knees hurt less, I will balance it out with more shoulder work, pec, abs, arms, back. I do really enjoy the intense workout though and the emphasis as I push forward is with fun and being only comfortabally challeneged rather than over worked.

Diet is actually a lot better than I am letting on. I have one solid meal a day of home cooked shepherds pie/spag bol/stew/roasts etc. with at least 3 types of vegetables involved, I don't overdo how much I eat either, get comfortably full and look for a second helping later on if my hunger persists. Definitely need to look mucch more into precise helpings and exactly how much of everything I get, but for me, that becomes perilously close to being a chore and annoyance at the moment. I am going to just be generally sensible then look into the science when I get much closer to my desired weight. If I get sciency with my diet now, I would have a hissy fit and not do anything. Want that dietary freedom.

With fasting, I have been toying with it. All of the benefits of it when done properly are great, but the onus is on making sure it doesn't become a stress and something that pisses you off. So I probably fast for 15 hours a day ish, 1 or 2 hours before bed, 8 hours sleep, then it normally takes me about an hour or two before I go to the gym, then that for a couple of hours, wait for a couple hours more after then start eating. If I feel hungry I would eat earlier post gym, but the couple of hours before bed and before gym are easy and amounts to a 12 hour fast already. The onus again is on comfort if I feel ill or not right I am eating, but the adverse normally always happens, I am feeling great and its just all aiding in a quicker weightloss. I think fasting generally makes me sharper of the brain too, and there is evidence to support that in science.

Obv I don't fast everyday as your schedule changes to eat big lunches with friends or whatever, but I like to stick to it when I exercise. It's all a bit of experimenting really Marky. I will eat after gym ASAP if I am absolutely starving, but I find I'm not and there are benefits to a post work out fast. In a months time I might have a new schedule, but enjoying the prospect of continuing this one.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 ... 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: